Why so many Scousers?

thered

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this any different to someone bashing a Mickey Mouser (not offensive) ? I am A born and bread working class Cockney grew up in South London and do all the stereotypical things like eat Pie and Mash and go and watch Millwall of a Saturday, but as far as I'm concerned what you have posted is just inverted Snobbery. If posh kids want to talk about their gap years in Peru then whats the big deal? does it affect your enjoyment of the festival? I don't understand why it's acceptable to berate someone for their fortunate upbringing and immediately get on their high horse when someone speaks Ill of Scouser from Liverpool. Everyone has a fair crack at the tickets which is why i was surprised that what i perceived to be a hell of a lot of people from merseyside in my observation seemed to take up a disproportionate (compaed to other northern regions) mass of tickets, It's just what I felt at the time!

Happy days there are more of us Eel loving Cockneys down on the farm. There was a food stall on site claiming to have the best pies with a helping of mash going! I didn't try but they were never going to be better then a 2 pie 2 mash and Liquor from Kelly's on Roman Road lol!

How is this any different to someone bashing a Mickey Mouser (not offensive) ? I am A born and bread working class Cockney grew up in South London and do all the stereotypical things like eat Pie and Mash and go and watch Millwall of a Saturday, but as far as I'm concerned what you have posted is just inverted Snobbery. If posh kids want to talk about their gap years in Peru then whats the big deal? does it affect your enjoyment of the festival? I don't understand why it's acceptable to berate someone for their fortunate upbringing and immediately get on their high horse when someone speaks Ill of Scouser from Liverpool. Everyone has a fair crack at the tickets which is why i was surprised that what i perceived to be a hell of a lot of people from merseyside in my observation seemed to take up a disproportionate (compaed to other northern regions) mass of tickets, It's just what I felt at the time!

Absolutely. To be honest, I see more casual prejudice against posh people on these boards than against Scousers. It certainly goes unchallenged more often. Talk of 'hoorah Henries and Henriettas' is just as bad to me. It's about dehumanising people by reducing them to caricatures based on their accent or clothes and its bollocks.

For the record, I'm a Lancastrian living in Stockport.

Happy days there are more of us Eel loving Cockneys down on the farm. There was a food stall on site claiming to have the best pies with a helping of mash going! I didn't try but they were never going to be better then a 2 pie 2 mash and Liquor from Kelly's on Roman Road lol!

Haha Oh yes Pal!! Forget this Gravy Business It's not Pie n Mash without liquor!

A select few on here make me laugh. Thinking they are liberal, open minded and accepting of other cultures, yet bashing people because they are Scouse, posh or heaven forbid wear hunter wellies. 

"Yeah we're liberal, as long as everyone is like us". 

We had a group from Huyton camp next to us. They were loud, shouty, sweary, off their heads for the entire time and bloody brilliant!

some of the friendliest neighbours I've ever had. they gave an open invitation to go into their tents and help ourselves to whatever substances we wanted.

When we left I thanked them for changing some ill judged preconceptions I had, don't think it sunk in as they were still Gillespied!

We had a group from Huyton camp next to us. They were loud, shouty, sweary, off their heads for the entire time and bloody brilliant!

some of the friendliest neighbours I've ever had. they gave an open invitation to go into their tents and help ourselves to whatever substances we wanted.

When we left I thanked them for changing some ill judged preconceptions I had, don't think it sunk in as they were still Gillespied!

you were camped next to wools not scousers...

Odd, their opening line to us was (and I am not making this up)

"Alright Lad, we're a lovely Scouse family from Huyton, want some of this spliff"

Huyton (and Halewood) people have this strange belief that they're from Liverpool despite the fact that they have a brown bin with Knowsley written on it

Absolutely. To be honest, I see more casual prejudice against posh people on these boards than against Scousers. It certainly goes unchallenged more often. Talk of 'hoorah Henries and Henriettas' is just as bad to me. It's about dehumanising people by reducing them to caricatures based on their accent or clothes and its bollocks.

For the record, I'm a Lancastrian living in Stockport.

I pulled an 18 year old called Henrietta from the south west near the start of the year, everything was going well until we got back to hers and after a bit of fooling around she got a bit scared and told me that she was a virgin and that nothing more was going to happen that night.

Poor form, you wouldn't see this kind of behavior from a scouse bird I'll tell you that much.

Next time I bumped into her she was fucked on mdma with her jaw in a different county, I suppose Uni life ended up getting the most of her

There are a load of scousers every year. Only a good thing to be honest. They go for it.

Don't get the criticism of the pre-gap year girls either. The festival isn't exactly dominated by them, and I'd far rather young posh girls enjoy something like Glastonbury and are willing to meet different people and camp for 5 days... rather than just heading down to Embargos on the Kings Road all summer.

Noticed a lot of Scouse accents this year. Maybe because they stand out more so, who knows. Saw a right bunch of wronguns in Genosys one morning. Just looked like they were up to trouble. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones nicking from the tents.

What a shit comment. Racist.

What a shit comment. Racist.

Oh fuck off.  Been trying to avoid getting drawn back into this but that's uncalled for.

In hindsight I should have pressed "enter" after my first comment so it didn't look like I was comparing the Scouse population to the scallies I saw on Sat night.   I know it's a small minority who tarnish the rest.  But you can't deny that they are there and are lowlives!

You should have pressed "engage brain" before enter. Of course there are, but they're everywhere. Your comment was idiotic. The dodgiest people I encountered were some Welsh guys. I love the Welsh and to be honest I don't have any beef with any major group of people based on their origins. Shall I say "I bet those Welsh guys were on the rob?". Nope and if I did, their Welshness would have sod all to do with it.

I personally never heard that many scousers, but they do tend to stick out from the majority southern English crowd due to the accent, as with geordies or with the scots.

I did notice even more so that after 3 days of partying, very few southerners seemed to understand a word I was saying, (Glasgow/west coast of Scotland accent and speaking very fast / voice on verge of collapse):-)pmsl

There seemed to be well more fellow scousers there this year, the dance village on the Thursday night was like being out in town. They didn't even have to speak to know they were from Liverpool.

Think if there's going to be a good party some good music and a chance to get off your tits no matter where it is you'll get scousers there, we do love a good party an apart from a few divys which every city has we all pretty well behaved.

As someone else mentioned we like to go for it, so if we're there it usually means you're in for a good time.