T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I realise I said this before, but if Taylor Swift headlines, I'm going.

Same but I don't see why she would :( That she's announced she's taking a break after her tour ends in six weeks time is enough reason to more-or-less rule her out, and that isn't even the only obstacle.

Edited by Zac Quinn

So it seems Red Hot Chilli Peppers are being announced for every European festival under the sun this morning. Anyone think they could appear at T?

My thinking is maybe not. Most dates seem to be in June. Although a massive band, perhaps have lost some of the 'mainstream' appeal of years past, that might make them less appealing to TITP.

Thoughts?

They're playing festivals in July as well.

Guessing we can look forward to The Enemy, The Courteeners, New Order, Jake Bugg and The Vaccines all being announced then.

#lads

They would all be pretty likely with or without The Stone Roses. Also your perception of New Order is a bit of a weird one. :P

Even if you don't like The Stone Roses then I think this meaning Snow Patrol probably won't headline as well is a good thing.

They would all be pretty likely with or without The Stone Roses. Also your perception of New Order is a bit of a weird one. :P

Even if you don't like The Stone Roses then I think this meaning Snow Patrol probably won't headline as well is a good thing.

You're probably right yeah.  I'm just a bit confused/frustrated with the booking.

That is definitely the silver lining to take from this for me!

Would Snow Patrol still really be Headline Material anyway...? And Vaccines played last year so I doubt they would be back

On another note, did anyone else see that Blur were briefly listed as a rumour on the line up page for about 5-10 minutes? then were taken off.

Blur had been listed on that page since shortly after this year's T, but the rumour's page had been turned off (I'm not sure why, I didn't do it).

When the rumours page was turned back on, Blur re-appeared. So I checked with Scott about why it was there, he checked back with the source about whether it was still likely, and was told 'no' - so it was removed.

It's not something to get excited about.