T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fatboy slim was full were I was standing and at some points felt a bit over capacity, although some people walked out near me they were soon replaced.

In terms of DJ headliners, the fact that Guetta is on radio 1 means that there's only a few acts in the tier above him in terms of popularity (not necessarily a popular opinion here, but the chart sales don't lie) the only ones I can think of are Calvin, Daft Punk, Avicii, Tiesto and Hardwell (but I don't know how popular the last 2 are in terms of your average radio 1 listener) Daft Punk is sadly very unlikely, and I doubt Avicii will be booked 2 years in a row. Honestly I reckon Calvin will come top in the survey and I wouldn't be entirely surprised with Calvin and Taylor Swift as the Saturday headliners

Edit: Also just had a look at that survey and think its interesting they don't have Florence and the Machine on the headliner list

If they want to hit it with a bang next year then they'll book Calvin. They've booked The Killers etc with just a year gap and CH sold his day out stupidly quick, regardless of who was under him. I don't think Tiesto and Hardwell will be in enough demand for T, don't have that whole radio thing that Guetta and Avicii do I don't think. The latter are both cheese whereas the former, especially Tiesto failed badly trying to hit the cheese. A track a while ago did get in the top 10, his 1st probably didn't Adagio For Strings but Guetta and Avicii go to number 1. Avicii's last track was OK, I'll give him that.

As for FATM, I think they've been booked a long time now, I'm more certain of this than CH who I think will be there too.

Maybe they are already booked.

Yup, I say this with my thinking of it.

Edited by thewayiam

They don't need one. Anyway if he does come first then isn't a good thing for the festival to book him

It isn't a gauge of who they're going to book as they're looking to see who their demographic is and who they should try to appeal to. It also effects the type of acts booked if ,for example, LCD Soundsystem got lots of people saying they want them they won't go for LCD but acts like them.

Anyway I did the survey and I (think) put.

Headliners

Rage Against The Machine

Radiohead

Biffy Clyro (but still an inspired booking)

Others

Queens Of The Stone Age

Nine Inch Nails

The Cure

Weezer

Foals

The Strokes

Brand New

Frank Turner (I think I did :lol: )

The Cure as a non-headliner xD. Good luck with that! I think 1985 was about the last time The Cure didn't headline a British Festival that they played at.

For the artist survey I put:

Headers:

David Bowie

The Rolling Stones

Fleetwood Mac

Non:

Blondie

Bjork

Carl Cox

Depeche Mode

Duran Duran

Elton John

Faithless

Kula Shaker

Realistically I dont think more than 3 of them will play.

Always amazed at some of the random choices they have - The Smiths

The Spice Girls

The Beach Boys

Shaggy

It's almost as if they put an iPod on shuffle and just see what comes up.

For the artist survey I put:

Headers:

David Bowie

The Rolling Stones

Fleetwood Mac

Non:

Blondie

Bjork

Carl Cox

Depeche Mode

Duran Duran

Elton John

Faithless

Kula Shaker

Realistically I dont think more than 3 of them will play.

Always amazed at some of the random choices they have - The Smiths

The Spice Girls

The Beach Boys

Shaggy

It's almost as if they put an iPod on shuffle and just see what comes up.

The Spice Girls are apparently meant to be touring next year minus Victoria. Shaggy has come back recently with a song. I personally would prefer to hear "Good Vibrations" at the festival rather than "I feel so close to you right now".

I wasn't meaning there was anything wrong with the beach boys playing - I just meant it seemed to be quite a random act to have on the list - as with the Smith's - I would be quite happy if they played, but if Morrisey is to be believed a reunion will never happen.

I wasn't aware Shaggy was back on the scene

I still think the Spice Girls would be quite a strangeact to have on any lineup

Completed the survey on my phone and then had a second go on the laptop, not that it will make much of a difference in getting T to  book Daft Punk or  LCD Soundsystem. 

Wonder how many points Maccabees and The Maccabees will receive each? 

For the survey I put

Radiohead

Daft Punk

Foo Fighters

The Black Keys

The Macabees

Frightened Rabbit

Chemical Brothers

Interpol

Queens of the Stoneage

Royal Blood

LCD Soundsystem 

In the survey I put the following, obviously can't really see any of these acts playing but here's hoping they listen:

Headiners

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Metallica

Other

Feeder

All Time Low

Weezer

BMTH

The Chemical Brothers

Bloc Party

Ash

Cage The Elephant

Brand New

Example

Bullet For My Valentine

In the survey I put the following, obviously can't really see any of these acts playing but here's hoping they listen:

Headiners

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Metallica

Other

Feeder

All Time Low

Weezer

BMTH

The Chemical Brothers

Bloc Party

Ash

Cage The Elephant

Brand New

Example

Bullet For My Valentine

Jeez that's pretty optimistic.  Decent choices but never in a million years would T go for that.  Metallica were dogs baws at Raeding last Saturday but T wouldn't even consider them 

Decided due to this years shambolic festival site and for me decreasing quality in line up I'll be heading to Glasto and R&L in the summer of 2016 UNLESS Biffy, Muse or Coldplay get announced, I'll consider going for the day. I know Biffy isn't likely but do people think Muse are likely, I'd steer them more towards Glasto or R&L or even IOW, t would probably be 3rd or 4th choice in terms of UK festivals right?

I think Flo and Mumford would be easy safe bookings for them along with Calvin. For a 3rd is harder, while I think Coldplay maybe as I don't think they'll play Glastonbury, all 3 of them could do IOW as well. It's a bit harder given we don't know which of the bigger one's exactly is planning on stadiums instead.

I'd rule Muse out now, they'll add at least another date for all 4 venues of their tour and for London and the Hydro possibly upto 3 nights each.

Obviously there was no agreement if they were asked for this year and I never saw them playing it this year. Them like Foos, possibly more so in Muse' case covered Europe extensively earlier last year, Foos is a little different due to pull outs.

I'd rule Muse out now, they'll add at least another date for all 4 venues of their tour and for London and the Hydro possibly upto 3 nights each.

Obviously there was no agreement if they were asked for this year and I never saw them playing it this year. Them like Foos, possibly more so in Muse' case covered Europe extensively earlier last year, Foos is a little different due to pull outs.

Not sure they'll announce more Glasgow dates as they've only done one night on all their previous arena tours but I agree that them playing Glasgow so close to T makes them unlikely.

Not sure they'll announce more Glasgow dates as they've only done one night on all their previous arena tours but I agree that them playing Glasgow so close to T makes them unlikely.

Ah I didn't know that, I just presumed from the space left in the dates they'd play.

Totally agree with the above, Muse can be strongly ruled out of a T headline slot.

With that I shall make a new prediction:

Mumford

Florence

Foo Fighters

... precisely why I won't be attending in 2016

Take Foo's out as well, don't see it happening. The only other festival in the UK that will have them if they do is R&L, I don't see R&L not agreeing to this if they know them playing T has a chance.