T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if T got The Stone Roses and one of Muse/Coldplay it would have done very well! 

The Stone Roses - Florence & The Machine/Calvin Harris - Muse would look alot better and probably sell fairly well compared to The Stone Roses - Florence & The Machine/Calvin Harris - Mumford & Sons imo. Although think it'll be the latter. 

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They'd probably only be English exclusives. But I don't think TITP would give them a headline slot and I can't see them taking a lower slot if they're headlining at R&L.

Depends on what money was on offer I guess. We're all just assuming Flo seems an obvious fit for the Saturday. If it wasn't her then maybe someone like Foals could play in that slot.

19 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

IF, and this is a big IF, Calvin Harris didn't do the Saturday night headline slot, who would do it?

I will be amazed if it isn't Calvin mind. Avicci done it last year. Guetta seems to always get the 2nd stage headline slot. I suppose they could give it to him. Another obvious choice would be Tiesto. Perfect for a bunch of idiots shouting "whoops there it is". I don't see much chance of them booking a decent electronic act.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

They'd probably only be English exclusives. But I don't think TITP would give them a headline slot and I can't see them taking a lower slot if they're headlining at R&L.

Actually I could see them before Calvin/some other superstar DJ at T and billed as headliners. Cheaper to book, ticks the boxes for the more "rock" types that still go, they still have a pop act to shift most of the tickets.

Not since 2011 though, when they had a bumper lineup going on with something like five of that year's major festival headliners scheduled to play lower down the bill. If they headline R+L next year and are still touring the following year, they could easily warrant a headline slot. I recall hearing that Biffy turned down a sub slot in 2013 and headlined the following year after someone else took a chance on them headlining.

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I will be amazed if it isn't Calvin mind. Avicci done it last year. Guetta seems to always get the 2nd stage headline slot. I suppose they could give it to him. Another obvious choice would be Tiesto. Perfect for a bunch of idiots shouting "whoops there it is". I don't see much chance of them booking a decent electronic act.

Would probably agree, although part of me hopes they'd have the balls to book Disclosure in the late night Saturday slot. New album is just alright but first album was banging.

The Stone Roses - Florence + The Machine/Calvin Harris - Mumford & Sons

The Stone Roses - Florence + The Machine/Disclosure - Muse (or even Coldplay) looks a lot, lot more appealing than that to me. Only issue is the Sat would sell nowhere near as well in terms of day tickets with Disclosure rather than Calvin.

17 minutes ago, DanielM17 said:

Not sure how their Hydro show is selling, not even sure when it is tbh.

It's certainly not sold out, but I still reckon they'd be a good option for late night on Saturday if it's not Calvin Harris. And I don't particularly think it's a given that it will be CH, considering he's one of the biggest headline acts in the world nowadays and enough of a draw that he could probably demand more money than most headliners T get. Would be foolish to rule it out of course, but I don't see much sense in paying another headline fee for an act to play before him.

Edited by dentalplan

So everyone seems in agreement that its Florence and a DJ on Saturday, with Coldplay, Muse or Mumfords on the Sunday. We could all be wrong, there hasn't been the hint of a rumour so far from what I can see, but them seem to make sense.

Just had a skim through the last few years lineups again, and thought of people with albums out or touring and this is probably some of the best and not so good people who might appear (other than the obvious dance repeats)

Coldplay
Muse
Mumford
Florence
New Order
Faithless
Suede
Manics
Happy Mondays
Last Shadow Puppets
James
Jake Bugg

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Just had a skim through the last few years lineups again, and thought of people with albums out or touring and this is probably some of the best and not so good people who might appear (other than the obvious dance repeats)

Coldplay
Muse
Mumford
Florence
New Order
Faithless
Suede
Manics
Happy Mondays
Last Shadow Puppets
James
Jake Bugg

Would be happy with all of them except the mumfords.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Coldplay
Muse
Mumford
Florence
New Order
Faithless
Suede
Manics
Happy Mondays
Last Shadow Puppets
James
Jake Bugg

Travis have an album due out any day now... they could hopefully do it.

30 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

If there is a dance headliner on the Saturday can I throw deadmau5 into the hat.

It is possible, but they will probably try and go for one of the 'Super DJ's' if possible.