crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Shanks18 said:

Disclosure could easily be Dance act on main Saturday night. I think they would have maybe mentioned that in the tweet but maybe not..

That was their response when some asked if they were a headliner

Edited by CAMF111

Tuts headliners tend to be same size as acts that play 3rd/4th down on main stage usually. Might be wrong, but I just don't see them as the same size as (from 2015) Sam Smith, Stereophonics or The Script. Or in 2014, Jake Bugg and Ed Sheeran. All those acts can comfortably play arena tours or bigger, Courteeners on their upcoming tour are doing academy sized venues.

Third down for Courteeners on Stone Roses day I reckon. Disclosure could be a sub or Radio 1 headliner (I'd think they've moved a bit beyond the latter now tbh). As a Friday night Stone Roses/Disclosure/Courteeners would fit the T crowd and Roses day ticketers very nicely, so I don't see why that can't be the case

Edited by DGrant261

Agree Courteeners makes a lot of sense on the Roses day but could equally see them pulling a big crowd as NME headliner on Saturday against a dance act on Main. Their crowd when they subbed NME was huge and the rush to get in King Tuts for them last year was wild. In 2012 I seem to recall them splitting the acts that appealed to Roses fans over the days e.g. New Order on Friday, Happy Mondays on Sunday so its possible.

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Am working their gig tomorrow night at Lincoln Engine Shed and it's about 1600 capacity 

Granted the venues they're playing on the tour aren't huge but they sold out two nights at the Academy in minutes so I'd say they're bigger than Beady Eye who headlined that stage a couple of years ago. Sadly they rarely seem to attract huge rock bands on the second stage any more, last one I can remember being The Strokes in 2011.