crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Shanks18 said:

The Strokes on NME not even headlining, 2011 had a great line up. It all seemed to lose a bit of depth since then, EDM is on the road out so hopefully the festival realises this and swings back round again to decent acts.

It was borderline offensive to see a band like The Strokes subbing to Swedish House Mafia in 2011. I remember moaning about it constantly on the way up and asking who the hell were Swedish House Mafia. Decided to watch them after The Strokes and they were absolutely brillaint!!! :D T'was quite a pleasant surprise.

With The Courteeners though they are surely big enough to Sub The Stone Roses. My missus loves them and the few times i've went to see them, including at T in the Park a few times, the crowds have always been mobbed and their gigs always sell out. Didn't they also sell out Heaton park this year?

Edited by thecommon

4 minutes ago, thecommon said:

With The Courteeners though they are surely big enough to Sub The Stone Roses. My missus loves them and the few times i've went to see them, including at T in the Park a few times, the crowds have always been mobbed and their gigs always sell out. Didn't they also sell out Heaton park this year?

Yes, but a 20,000 pre Parklife mainstage Heaton Park not the 80,000 capacity venue the Stone Roses and Oasis played at. Which is the same crowd size as the arena shows they did in 2010/13 and the five apollo shows coming up soon. As a academy sized band everywhere in the country outside Manchester it would be too much of a step up imo

29 minutes ago, Shanks18 said:

I thought their set in 2012 was better, so much so that me and 3 mates bought tickets to go see then in the Ziggo Dome later that year. Left the travelling arrangements to the last minute so booked the cheapest possible way of geting there - 24 Hours on the Mega Bus for £30 :D

6 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Yes, but a 20,000 pre Parklife mainstage Heaton Park not the 80,000 capacity venue the Stone Roses and Oasis played at. Which is the same crowd size as the arena shows they did in 2010/13 and the five apollo shows coming up soon. As a academy sized band everywhere in the country outside Manchester it would be too much of a step up imo

Ahhhhhhh i didn't even relise that. Christ, i thought they had played to the same crowd The Roses played to. Not quite as impressed as i was a few minutes ago.

32 minutes ago, thecommon said:

It was borderline offensive to see a band like The Strokes subbing to Swedish House Mafia in 2011. I remember moaning about it constantly on the way up and asking who the hell were Swedish House Mafia. Decided to watch them after The Strokes and they were absolutely brillaint!!! :D T'was quite a pleasant surprise.

Really? They pretty much were headlining; it is just because of the acts on the other stages at the same time it made more sense to swap them around and have a dance closer.

I just want them to announce New Order. Them are my must see band of next year who would realistically play (after Roses of course). Confirmation I'm seeing them two next year, after securing tickets for The Cure today would make it one great Thursday.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can't believe anyone wouldn't expect those bands to be there if they're touring, so I don't see the problem.

This. They play Glastonbury as well. They're shite but not the sort of additions I have a problem with, it's when they start going down the EDM and mainstream pop shite I don't like. I would have been more disappointed if they were people who would be likely to put a doubt on a band playing who I really wanted to see. I bet Courteeners are 3rd top on the Friday.

I think it's more to do with the fact they drag out the lineup to build hype and then only announce a couple shite bands and expect folk to be cool with it. If they did it in bulks of maybe 8-10 acts every now and then I'd be okay with it but bigging up these announcements one by one just increases the disappointment.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger