T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

Monday's were brilliant in 2012, went along cause some mares were huge fans. I ended up having a brilliant time!

faithless are always great, superb before muse in 2010, that was a great Friday, one of the best!

*sighs* Yes it was. Brilliant day from start to finish.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Chase and Status who subbed in 2013. Jake Bugg who subbed in 2014. 

Fair enough, apologies my memory is poor but I can remember walking passed Chase & Status, seen them 4 times and it becomes boring. Especially outside in broad daylight. I also thought Jake Bugg was poor as a sub, I like him as much as anyone else but to warrant that sub slot again I think his new album will have to be a belter. Regardless of headliners I think for this to be any good they need to swap the stage locations around.

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

not quite. She'#s saying she thinks it is, which could be her way of telling a porkie.

49 minutes ago, RM97 said:

Fair enough, apologies my memory is poor but I can remember walking passed Chase & Status, seen them 4 times and it becomes boring. Especially outside in broad daylight. I also thought Jake Bugg was poor as a sub, I like him as much as anyone else but to warrant that sub slot again I think his new album will have to be a belter. Regardless of headliners I think for this to be any good they need to swap the stage locations around.

Think that might have beeeeeen 2012? On Sunday.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not quite. She'#s saying she thinks it is, which could be her way of telling a porkie.

I still think she'll do it; same with Mumford. They're both going to want their BST gigs to sell tickets, so won't want to suggest they're playing other shows.

Flo says she thinks it's her only gig. Mumford said it's their only gig so far (I think). Both leave the possibility of them playing.

On the NMI tour Chase and Status opened with No Problem which made me go back and see them another 3 times. Their last album in my opinion was absolute garbage, saw them at the hydro in 2013 and their show was very mediocre. Did they not play t three years in a row? Can definitely see them coming back this year

Yeah they did 2011 in King Tuts which was one of my favourite T slots ever. Then 2012 on the main stage which was crap. Then 2013 on main stage which I didn't go to see.

Was such a poor decision in 2012 to have Bombay Bicycle Club>Keane>Chase & Status>Elbow>Kasabian. C&S's crowd was full of people who either were going mental, or those who really wanted to chill out for Bombay, Keane and Elbow and were getting caught up in madness they didn't want to be part of.  

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah she'll be at T, she'll know full well that BST isn't the biggest ticket seller etc, it would say exclusive if it was loke The Strokes dod this year. She will probably be the last announced for T though.

She seems an obvious booking like. The only shred of doubt is her saying that gig will be the big send off for the album. Maybe it is a was of trying to sell the gig to more people, but I don't think a T announcement would effect BST ticket sales for her one bit.

On 27 November 2015, RM97 said:

I signed up litteraly just to comment on The Courteeners. Of course they are now big enough to do sub headline to The Stone Roses. They will probably end up supporting the roses on tour as well. If any of you went to see, or attempted to see them (I never got to see them as my girlfriend was crushed and hurt trying to get in) in king tuts last year you'll know. They were too big for king tuts. Nicely in before the roses, I'm not complaining if it's 4 out of 5, they're good. Also one who'll most likely there is Miles Kane or Last Shaddow Puppets, depending on which new album comes out next year.

We wandered over about 15/30 minutes after they started and it was at the very best two thirds full. If it was actually filled to start with, as you say,and ended up with that number of people, it'd be a fair reflection of the Manchester karaoke set they turned in. In the time we were there, they played 5 different bits of other bands' songs all of which got better reactions than anything of their own.

If they get a sub-headline slot on the mainstage, especially prior to the Roses, the game's a bogey.

Courteeners wouldn't make sense from a size point of view (not even taking into account the standard of their music). It would be a very cheap booking for that slot, and surely cheating everyone who has paid for a ticket. They wouldn't need to offer them such a high slot.

I will be very happy if Faithless play. Would be a massive step in the right direction, from the announcements made the other day. Perfect warm up for Roses on the Friday I'd say. They'd get everyone going on the first night. Probably involving a load of w*nkers shouting 'whoops there it is' and 'here we fucking go' like.

Just been thinking there, would much prefer Faithless to be the last one on on the Saturday, rather than EDM. Don't see it happening, but would be good in the dark, and might put off a couple of knobheads.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I will be very happy if Faithless play. Would be a massive step in the right direction, from the announcements made the other day. Perfect warm up for Roses on the Friday I'd say. They'd get everyone going on the first night. Probably involving a load of w*nkers shouting 'whoops there it is' and 'here we fucking go' like.

That seriously does my tits in

On 30/11/2015, 16:43:08, Alan_C said:

Hope your right. Faithless into the Roses sounds good to me. I fear Jake Bugg might be more likely though in a re-run of Glasgow Green.