T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye I'm im agreement with them predictions. Can't see much further than Florence and Calvin for the Saturday. Sunday likely to be between Coldplay, Mumford, Kings of Leon, Muse or The Killers. Sad that T is so predictable . Pretty confident they will get New Order headlining King Tuts though.

Fucking hope its not Mumford. Not that I would see them. Stood through them massively depressed on the Sunday at Glastonbury 2013. I can't express how low I felt at that gig. I don't know why T don't look towards alternative headliners rather than the same people on loop every few years. If they actually booked someone different though then they would alienate all of the kids they attract now. If its bad this year i will go abroad for a festival next time I miss out on Glastonbury tickets. 

It says a lot when I'm actually happy enough with Coldplay playing because I would rather see them than Mumford, The Killers or Muse, yet I'm selfishly desperate for them to do Glastonbury this year to get them out of the way for when I hopefully get a ticket for 2017. I would be hoping it wasnt Coldplay if i was going to Glatonbury this year. Always gaurunteed good alternatives there though, at T its just hoping for something good on King Tuts. Radio One stage headliners are very hit and miss.

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

It says a lot when I'm actually happy enough with Coldplay playing because I would rather see them than Mumford, The Killers or Muse, yet I'm selfishly desperate for them to do Glastonbury this year to get them out of the way for when I hopefully get a ticket for 2017. I would be hoping it wasnt Coldplay if i was going to Glatonbury this year. Always gaurunteed good alternatives there though, at T its just hoping for something good on King Tuts. Radio One stage headliners are very hit and miss.

well, Mumfords are also rumoured to be around next summer, so don't get too cocky. :P

And it might be Muse you get from Glasto's headliners and not Coldplay. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, Mumfords are also rumoured to be around next summer, so don't get too cocky. :P

That seems a fairly confident thought that Muse and Coldplay are for Glasto.

I said a while ago that I think T would go all out for Coldplay next year, I'll admit at that point we didn't know about The Roses coming back and them playing that was quite inevitable I think. Do you think Coldplay would do a stadium tour plus Glasto and T? I feel if Muse were interested in T, they would have made space in their schedule for it last year. It's Coldplay or Mumford I think 

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm expecting it! It's very likely to be one of these anyway. Just had a skim through the last 5 years of headliners, and they're shockingly predictable. The Stone Roses in 2012 are probably the only one you can call exciting out of the bookings, all of the others are on a loop. Scary the amount of times Calvin Harris and Guetta pop up as well at the festival. I can't even think of many decent people they would get on the R1 stage to headline. The Prodigy are out of the window after last year. I don't know if Chemical Brothers would do it.

The most appealing headliners they've had headlining the R1 or KT stage to me in the last 5 years have been The Prodigy, Madness, Primal Scream, New Order, Kraftwerk and Pixies. So the best I can probably hope for is one or two of them on the bill. Anything so she doesn't drag me to fucking Mumfords! Desperately hoping Suede will play but don't know where they would fit in at T now. Amazing in the John Peel this year.

Edited by Alan_C

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That seems a fairly confident thought that Muse and Coldplay are for Glasto.

I said a while ago that I think T would go all out for Coldplay next year, I'll admit at that point we didn't know about The Roses coming back and them playing that was quite inevitable I think. Do you think Coldplay would do a stadium tour plus Glasto and T? I feel if Muse were interested in T, they would have made space in their schedule for it last year. It's Coldplay or Mumford I think 

Did Coldplay do a stadium tour in 2011? They headlined both festivals that year. I could only see Muse doing T if Glastonbury didn't happen.

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Did Coldplay do a stadium tour in 2011? They headlined both festivals that year. I could only see Muse doing T if Glastonbury didn't happen.

They have never done a stadium tour the same year as fest shows, only the time they said no to Glasto as being a 4th header due to the stadium tour not selling enough. There is nothing to stop either of them heading both festivals that it true. Muse could do IOW but if I'm honest, after they only did Download last year, I would expect them t do more than just Glasto if they do it.

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I'm expecting it! It's very likely to be one of these anyway. Just had a skim through the last 5 years of headliners, and they're shockingly predictable. The Stone Roses in 2012 are probably the only one you can call exciting out of the bookings, all of the others are on a loop. Scary the amount of times Calvin Harris and Guetta pop up as well at the festival. I can't even think of many decent people they would get on the R1 stage to headline. The Prodigy are out of the window after last year. I don't know if Chemical Brothers would do it.

The most appealing headliners they've had headlining the R1 or KT stage to me in the last 5 years have been The Prodigy, Madness, Primal Scream, New Order, Kraftwerk and Pixies. So the best I can probably hope for is one or two of them on the bill. Anything so she doesn't drag me to fucking Mumfords! Desperately hoping Suede will play but don't know where they would fit in at T now. Amazing in the John Peel this year.

Can I just point out that every single band you express a preference for is 20+ years old? :lol:

You're never going to find decent satisfaction at T, because it's a pop fest that serves up music primarily for 'the kids'. You've grown up and your music has grown up with you.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope, no stadium shows that year (I checked the other day).

Do think that after the Glasto thing didn't happen, there would still be that thinking again this time around as well?, as surely if their stadium dates aren't sold as well as they would like then it's not much of a different booking, in fact it's more important as they wouldn't actually be topping the bill.

On a side note while we're on here, is there actually belief that IOW could nip and take GNR from Download?, that just seems like something that wouldn't happen.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Can I just point out that every single band you express a preference for is 20+ years old? :lol:

You're never going to find decent satisfaction at T, because it's a pop fest that serves up music primarily for 'the kids'. You've grown up and your music has grown up with you.

Aye I don't go anymore. I wasn't gonna do a festival this year after missing out on the ticket scramble in October. The only thing that has made me do this is Stone Roses, because I worked out I can do it for not much more than Manchester was gonna cost me. I went and booked a holiday straight after I didn't get Glastonbury tickets, so on a budget as far as festivals go. Stone Roses and a lift to T has persuaded me. I will probably not go again after this. I haven't bought a ticket yet, so if Roses popped up somewhere else I could be tempted.

I know a few people have mentioned Biffy as potential headliners. I noticed they have been announced to play Download France however not Download in the UK. I might be reading too much into it but it suggest Biffy may have been snapped up by another festival in the UK. 

As for T this year, not fussed for the Stone Roses and have a mates wedding that day likely be a day tripping Sat and/or Sun depending on the line up.  Chemical Brothers being announced would be a massive draw for me, though knowing my luck they will play the Friday! 

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I totally agree with that, particularly New Order and Kraftwerk.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I suppose eventually I knew I'd end up agreeing with you Neil :-)