Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not this year though, obviously. The pyramid seems little bit full already.

Yeah we thought had it all nailed on last year then Kanye and The Who out of nowhere. until the poster drops I'm taking everything with a pinch

Prince was funky in Leeds last year. It was like watching a purple Potty Man on stage, he's a Diddy Man with a mean guitar.

Anyhoo, this morning's bacon sandwich is accompanied by angry gods' damp outpourings from the heavens. Pants. Better now than June, but pants nonetheless. We may see The Lobster this morning, then painting 2 rooms, then a dance show tonight.

Rock. And. Roll.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all. W*t and windy here, perfect for staying in and watching rugby! 

Absolutely; an afternoon of rugby, gin & tonic and Scooby snacks, doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy the day pop pickers; c'mon England :)

Morning/Afternoon everyone hope you`re all having a lovely weekend,

I,m in the office sorting paperwork and cleaning the shop top to bottom so pooey day but looking forward to tonight, few drinks with my better half and a few games guitar hero whilst pished, great laugh,

Took a lovely soaking for the Weather Gods this morning and praaaaaaaised them like i shouuuuuuuld, (I,ll grab me coat)

NFR NFC :beach:

16 minutes ago, jeffie said:

I'm quietly reading the paper while it appears that some sort of pantomime is being devised in the room next door.  

Oooooooooh NO THERE ISN'T!:P,

Gumball i forgot to ask you yesterday pal, Have you read Tolkiens The Silmarillion yet? Hard to get into but if you give it a chance it is a fantastic story mate. :thumbsu:

32 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Gumball i forgot to ask you yesterday pal, Have you read Tolkiens The Silmarillion yet? Hard to get into but if you give it a chance it is a fantastic story mate. :thumbsu:

I think I've probably read everything he's written! The Silmarillion was actually the first of his that I read, prompted by it being the source of my favourite band's name. I then moved on to The Hobbit and LOTR, followed by his other lesser-known work. The Children of Hurin is a personal favourite, I'd recommend it if you haven't already read it. 

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I think I've probably read everything he's written! The Silmarillion was actually the first of his that I read, prompted by it being the source of my favourite band's name. I then moved on to The Hobbit and LOTR, followed by his other lesser-known work. The Children of Hurin is a personal favourite, I'd recommend it if you haven't already read it. 

Love the children of Hurin mate :thumbsu:  His Son Christopher is fantastic and really has done his Dad proud imo dude.

Think i,ve read everything so far (even the adventures of Tom feckin Bombadil,lol) specially all JRR`s stuff, just thought i`d ask mate, its amazing how many people who love LotR don`t have a clue what the Silmarillion is and i wouldn`t want any fan missing out.

Enjoy the Rugby man, Come on England :)

2 hours ago, tommywillo said:

Love the children of Hurin mate :thumbsu:  His Son Christopher is fantastic and really has done his Dad proud imo dude.

Think i,ve read everything so far (even the adventures of Tom feckin Bombadil,lol) specially all JRR`s stuff, just thought i`d ask mate, its amazing how many people who love LotR don`t have a clue what the Silmarillion is and i wouldn`t want any fan missing out.

Enjoy the Rugby man, Come on England :)

Poor old Tom Bombadil, nobody seems to like him very much, do they? I once described him as the Jar Jar Binks of Middle Earth, I think it sums him up! :) 

4 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Poor old Tom Bombadil, nobody seems to like him very much, do they? I once described him as the Jar Jar Binks of Middle Earth, I think it sums him up! :) 

Now that has hit the nail right on the bonce that has, just spat my pea and ham soup all over me feckin self. 

To me it proves Mr Tolkien was tripping balls when writing his stories whilst on the pipe weed. lol.

I was a MASSIVE Marillion fan in my youth. The Goodbye 1983 New Year's gig at Friar's in their home town of Aylesbury (I lived 14 miles away) remains one of my top 5-10 gigs of all time. I persuaded a mate who wasn't really in any way into them to drive us to Aylesbury ticketless. We bought two 6 quid tickets from a tout for twenty quid each! And that was a frickin' fortune to a young teenager in 1983.

Shall never forget how Fish controlled the worshipping crowd that night...

Today's RunBennyRun blog:

Got up early to try to miss the worst of the r*** on a day where it has hammered down here since dawn.

By 9am I had done:

Session:   Long Run - 12 miles

Impression:  Sore last mile or so, bit w*t, good podcast selection to keep me company. Glad I went and did it

Then I spent all morning as front of house at a Bacon Buttie Bonanza fundraiser for a friend of mine. W*t walk in the r*** with the dog after that and now feeling a bit pooped, but really looking forward to watching the rugby with Child 3 and putting the fire on.

Have a lovely rest of weekend, smashing NFR'ers

love

Ben
x

At the risk of imitating mr g, tonight shall be Goan fish curry accompanied by a new sound system. I have yet to decide who will grace this but I suspect it will be the dub pistols or Bowie or infected mushrooms orrrrrrr dub war (who are back again and playing Bristol in April...tickets will be bough in this household)

vhu0cTJKTMU

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

At the risk of imitating mr g, tonight shall be Goan fish curry accompanied by a new sound system. I have yet to decide who will grace this but I suspect it will be the dub pistols or Bowie or infected mushrooms orrrrrrr dub war (who are back again and playing Bristol in April...tickets will be bough in this household)

vhu0cTJKTMU

You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

32 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

vhu0cTJKTMU

Dub War. Blimey. I saw them supporting the Prodigy about 20 years ago! 

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Saw them at Reading festival in 1983....Fish took command of the whole arena. They subed Black Sabbeth and were far better than them.

A Marillion gig was the first one i paid money to go to, and it was a great introduction into live music which got me hooked

Fish was long gone by then though