NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

22 minutes ago, morph100 said:

What recipe are you using? I used a Goan curry sauce from tesco a while ago but fancy making it from scratch next time.

I made my own paste: blend together until smooth: 3 tsp chopped fresh ginger, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 2 chopped green chill is ( remove seeds if you don't like it hot), tin of plum tomatoes and a big bunch of coriander. 

Soften some onions, add paste with handful of toasted coconut, ground coriander, ground cumin, tarmarind paste, turmeric, brown mustard seeds and curry leaves. Cook for 30 mins then add fish and cook until ready (5 mins) serve with some fresh chopped coriander and brown rice.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

A Marillion gig was the first one i paid money to go to, and it was a great introduction into live music which got me hooked

Fish was long gone by then though

When did you see them, thurlow? I never saw them with Fish either, but I have seen them with Steve Hogarth, and I've seen Fish solo. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I made my own paste: blend together until smooth: 3 tsp chopped fresh ginger, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 2 chopped green chill is ( remove seeds if you don't like it hot), tin of plum tomatoes and a big bunch of coriander. 

Soften some onions, add paste with handful of toasted coconut, ground coriander, ground cumin, tarmarind paste, turmeric, brown mustard seeds and curry leaves. Cook for 30 mins then add fish and cook until ready (5 mins) serve with some fresh chopped coriander and brown rice.

Nice one!

28 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Early 2000's i think, anorakaphobia was the last album they'd done when i saw them and that was 2001

Ah, that was a few years later. I saw them at The Forum in Kentish Town on the This Strange Engine tour, must've been 1997ish. Bloody great they were! :) 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I have never knowingly listened to a single Marrillion song. I do remember Fish being interviewed on some breakfast show when I was kid and vaguely recall my old man giving a running commentary on the state of him. Therein ends my knowledge. 

You'll know this one. 

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Ah now I know why. I fucking hate that song. 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

overrated overplayed song imo but hey wtf do i know

It's certainly not one of their better ones, but it's probably the best known. They did some great stuff, but as with most 80's acts, it was only the radio-friendly ones that were successful. 

52 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

It's certainly not one of their better ones, but it's probably the best known. They did some great stuff, but as with most 80's acts, it was only the radio-friendly ones that were successful. 

Yeah it certainly doesn't make me wish to explore any further. Too much other stuff to discover that doesn't make me want to stab my ears with a rusty knife. 

Afternoon Super People®

Beautiful morning and early afternoon here, though rugby called off due to a waterlogged pitch after yesterday's biblical precipitation.

Off to first gig of the year later with Child 3, and very excited to be seeing HMV's lovely countryman in Conor O'Brien and Villagers, supported by new find and all round pretty good artist and fellow (native) Canadian countryman of mine, Aidan Knight.

Got three gigs in three months so nice to get back onto the horse again!

Have a fab Sunday, all

:)

Ben
x

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Afternoon Super People®

Beautiful morning and early afternoon here, though rugby called off due to a waterlogged pitch after yesterday's biblical precipitation.

Off to first gig of the year later with Child 3, and very excited to be seeing HMV's lovely countryman in Conor O'Brien and Villagers, supported by new find and all round pretty good artist and fellow (native) Canadian countryman of mine, Aidan Knight.

Have a fab Sunday, all

Ben
x

Who else are you heading to see over the next few months essay?

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Afternoon Super People®

Have a fab Sunday, all

Ben
x

Oh have you seen him before? He is utterly amazing. I love him!!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy. so jealous

And we are blogging LIVE from the Villagers gig! Annoyingly (I knew beforehand, obvs) it's seated, as it is in the Glee Club in Birmingham. Great venue, fab sound (yay), chairs (boo!). I hate seated gigs. But, very happy that I get to see Villagers again, and a bit of a new fave in Aidan Knight. And, when your frighteningly musically literate 3rd child asks you if just the two of you could go to a particular gig, well what is a dad to do?

So here we are at a sold out gig and thanks to the affliction that is my always having to be early, we are front row, folks, I repeat, FRONT ROW! Child 3 has just got himself some popcorn in this most middle class of venues, so that's all good!

I've made myself a deal that I will only buy the new Aidan Knight record, on beautiful 180g vinyl, in lovely packaging, if his performance is really good. Yes siree, I will insist on thatif I'm to part with my money. Pressure's on, Aidan. Yeah, right. I am so weak.

Anyhoo, I'll sign off now and likely give a report on NFR tomorrow. Bye bye, team.

Ben

x

Evening all

Happy birthday, ICG :) 

nice family day today, doing puzzles and reading stories early on, followed by a very m*ddy walk across fields and through woods. Cwtches during a film and then more in front of a fire this afternoon, and a nice meal together. Gumby jr's just gone to bed, so it's time for a glass of vino and a catch up on the rugby. 

Glad we got out and about this morning, the weather's been foul since lunchtime.