NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

1 hour ago, jeffie said:

I just wanted to say something.  This is the title of this thread.  I hope that this is still what people think it's about.

Just saying.

NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

Started by jeffie, 30 Jun 2015

Ive got to admit, ive too a bit of a step back from the thread in the past week or 2 because the thread wasnt feeling as friendly as ive always thought it was.

Dee's comments about people posting negative stuff sort of brought that to a head a bit for me the other week, and i know she explained what she meant by it and she wasnt getting at anyone but o took it a bit too personally and that coupled with a bit of a feeling of being ignored at times and made me delete efests off of my phone for a few days.

I thought that this was a thread where we could have a moan if we needed to and get picked back up by everyone when we were down without be judged or critacised about it and maybe it is, maybe ive just been a bit paranoid and its all in my head.

Anyways i wish you all a glorious sunny glastonbury festival :)

NFR NFC

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Ive got to admit, ive too a bit of a step back from the thread in the past week or 2 because the thread wasnt feeling as friendly as ive always thought it was.

Dee's comments about people posting negative stuff sort of brought that to a head a bit for me the other week, and i know she explained what she meant by it and she wasnt getting at anyone but o took it a bit too personally and that coupled with a bit of a feeling of being ignored at times and made me delete efests off of my phone for a few days.

I thought that this was a thread where we could have a moan if we needed to and get picked back up by everyone when we were down without be judged or critacised about it and maybe it is, maybe ive just been a bit paranoid and its all in my head.

Anyways i wish you all a glorious sunny glastonbury festival :)

NFR NFC

Th was the one who asked if I was ok as I'd not been on much.  He "Relit my Fire" - sorry.....

Just now, jeffie said:

Th was the one who asked if I was ok as I'd not been on much.  He "Relit my Fire" - sorry.....

Like it, :thumbsu:

That`s because he`s a very nice thoughtful chap, He whatsapped me yesterday to let me know my fave singer Newton Faulkner may be at Glastonbury, i was just touched that he even remembered who i like without having even met me. Most of my real life mates dont even know shit like that, Just thought i,d say. Love everyone in here and absolutely can not wait for the NFR NFC meet just to say hi to everyone face to face and hug the feckin life out of ya`ll. :bow: X X X 

I'm with ya Jeffie! Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone! Oh no hang on, that's Club Tropicana... ;) 

Ben, you should be willing for a dismal marathon day if you're really doing NFR properly you know. Us old schoolers can tell you that! 

I've got a few things booked where I would quite happily take a soaking so we get a dry festival! 

9 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'm a sucker for Lulu (unintended, distasteful finbarr)

4 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

I,d still give her ten of the best with me beer goggles on, lol

You're disgraceful! Well done! 

All good here thanks Tommy, looking forward to a family meal this evening and maybe a few bevvies tomorrow. Might even get around to watching Star Wars! 

One for the sun.  Hopefully the Spring and lengthening days will ease us up to sun worship and more laughs, and general idiocy, but I'd still hope for ongoing warm handshakes for worries.

Just now, carlosj said:

One for the sun.  Hopefully the Spring and lengthening days will ease us up to sun worship and more laughs, and general idiocy, but I'd still hope for ongoing warm handshakes for worries.

Warm handshakes all round, whether we need them or not! 

I'd love to see James play the festival, I dont know any of their new stuff but they would be good for a sunny singalong :)

1 hour ago, tommywillo said:

Like it, :thumbsu:

That`s because he`s a very nice thoughtful chap, He whatsapped me yesterday to let me know my fave singer Newton Faulkner may be at Glastonbury, i was just touched that he even remembered who i like without having even met me. Most of my real life mates dont even know shit like that, Just thought i,d say. Love everyone in here and absolutely can not wait for the NFR NFC meet just to say hi to everyone face to face and hug the feckin life out of ya`ll. :bow: X X X 

Thurlow is indeed a lovely fella. He's reached out to several posters (me included) when they've needed it. Met him at the meet last year, and could happily have chatted for hours, if it hadn't been for gumby jr's itchy feet!

Looking forward to meeting you too, tommy. There's actually a fair few regular posters I still haven't met in person, hope to remedy that come June! :) 

A quick share of the pre-school YouTube viewing with my 6 year old daughter this morning.

We have about 15 minutes usually spare in the car.

Edited by jeffie

2 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Think we'll need it after that vision.  It's burned into my retinas

That`s where the beer goggles come in, she deffo needs ironing but there is something about her, she makes me wanna SHOUT (I`ll grab me coat, sorry)

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Thurlow is indeed a lovely fella. He's reached out to several posters (me included) when they've needed it. Met him at the meet last year, and could happily have chatted for hours, if it hadn't been for gumby jr's itchy feet!

Looking forward to meeting you too, tommy. There's actually a fair few regular posters I still haven't met in person, hope to remedy that come June! :) 

Same here fella i,m really looking forward to meeting everyone in here as i don`t think i,ve ever spoken to such a lovely bunch of mofos in my life.

Praise the Weather Gods, :bow: 

Have a lovely night Lucy the ninja and please please don`t spoil anything, haven't had a bloody min to go and watch it and really wanna see it on Imax,

Looking forward to the Pictures Dee, hope its a nice day for everyone and i also wish it was a bit closer to home as i`d love to visit the farm without everything there, :)