NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

10 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Dee- I'm up for the run!! :)

I won't spoil the film Tommy, dont worry!

Right think I'm off soon, go careful out there folks, see you soon! (after therapy)

Got a friend who whilst telling me all about how fantastic the movie "The book of Eli" is told me Denzel had the problem he had, still havnt forgiven the 24 carot bell feckin end. lol

Edited by tommywillo
Done the same dick thing my friend done, Changed, lol

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Off to meeting for a glastonbury fun run.....benny bunny it has your name on it. Actually we could have an NFR team...We could be the slowest and take photos around the run. This meeting will be like being in an episode of the Vicar of Dibbly 

I'm sorry, but I don't run. Never have.

And if I did, I certainly could not be in a team whose aspiration is to be the slowest!

I always try to run far too quickly. Well, at least I would. If I ran. Which I don't, obviously.

Ben
x

56 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Dee- I'm up for the run!! :)

I'll send you details when I have them - come stay with us if you want?

46 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't run. Never have.

And if I did, I certainly could not be in a team whose aspiration is to be the slowest!

I always try to run far too quickly. Well, at least I would. If I ran. Which I don't, obviously.

Ben
x

well pardon me doc. You can sprint then and pass us on the way......we'll all laugh at you

but as you don't run you won't see or hear us obvs :-)

50 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I'll send you details when I have them - come stay with us if you want?

well pardon me doc. You can sprint then and pass us on the way......we'll all laugh at you

but as you don't run you won't see or hear us obvs :-)

The reality is, of course, that I'd bloody love to come down for that. Seeing lovely people just once a year is amazing because it makes it so special, but slimy it's a long time between!

In fact, I won't be that far from you lot on 1 May - North Devon with a bunch of U15's on rugby tour!

Oh June, where are you...?

Ben
x

So, as mrs gumby and I have both had tough weeks, we've made a pact that tonight we're going to have a takeaway and get sloshed. Therefore, seeing as no cooking is required, I'm spending my time while gumby jr is being settled into bed doing a jigsaw and listening to Lenny Kravitz. 

Uncool? Moi?

Evening Folks! After 3 weeks of 6 day week working I am finally free. Just work on Monday then a week off for eating and eating and drinking and drinking. Might even light the fire and do some nekkid indoor weather god worship to prepare for June! 

All things good in the hood. shit situation sorted at work so all in all a very happy fucking Friday! Now pass me another glass of wine. Hiccup. :D

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I will give it a watch! :D

Didn't mean that last comment to sound so dismissive :ph34r:

Watch with caution. I'm nearly in tears now cos it would be utterly the most amazing thing to witness on the Pyramid and know its unlikely to happen. 

Apologies, just rolled in from curry with friends and am more pissed than expected.  Would love to see His Royal Purpleness on pyramid,  Actually so made up that we have tickets after hell of last 4 months I really don't care who plays where, I'll be soaking up the wonderful vibes whatever happens.  Even if it's w*t

Re Jeffie's post earlier about the purpose of this thread (too inept to go back and find it);  as a relative newbie I was initially a bit tentative about posting on here, but everyone was so welcoming it was lovely.  It's so life-affirming that people share funny, frivolous and profound stuff, and can say they're feeling down in the knowledge someone will reach out and help.  Isn't that what this thread is all about?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That was pretty good, I must admit. I'm converted, he's the last big name holding out isn't he?

It would be utterly amazing to witness wouldn't it? Goosebumps when I watch it. I get so mad at the shenanigans but would forgive everything the minute he got on stage. Seriously fucking awesome. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

It would be utterly amazing to witness wouldn't it? Goosebumps when I watch it. I get so mad at the shenanigans but would forgive everything the minute he got on stage. Seriously fucking awesome. 

But there would be so many white socks guitar solos too. Does he even still do the funk these days?

I'm conflicted, but it does need to happen.