Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people, sorry not posted for ages. I have been (and still am) in a weird place, and have missed you guys.  I've only partially caught up, but hope you're all keeping well, especially those of you who've been dealt such a shitty hand recently.

Good things are: youngest is having online tuition at home and doing well; school and outreach education service are being really supportive to us; the meeting I had with deputy head and various others involved in last term's nightmare went better than I could have hoped and lots of my comments and suggestions for change are being taken on board, including proper procedures for other schools with students living outside their area; eldest is happy and getting uni offers; I have wonderful friends, family and colleagues; we've discovered 'The Bridge' and are totally addicted, almost at the end of the box-set binge - I just love Saga Noren; we have tickets for the best fest in the world.

Not so good:  youngest may have Asperger's, which would certainly explain his massive anxiety about being around people when he doesn't understand social interaction; my whole life pretty much revolves around his needs, making sure he logs on for tuition, taking him to appointments, helping him with work (he's really bright but hard to motivate);  it's costing us a fortune in private psych fees as 12 month wait for CAMHS isn't an option; I have no idea when he'll go back to school, maybe not for 18 months; eldest has A2 exam on the morning of  monday 27th june (what are they thinking?);  now I'm no longer angry with the school I am free to feel the magnitude of what youngest has lost and I feel wretched.

Apart from that, all is fine..

Big hugs, we've had and still have a load of stress with ours at the moment. Both adopted and the back story keeps on giving. Love them to bits but it ain't easy.

1 minute ago, jeffie said:

Big hugs, we've had and still have a load of stress with ours at the moment. Both adopted and the back story keeps on giving. Love them to bits but it ain't easy.

Thanks Jeffie, I can't imagine what it's like to try to understand your kids when you don't know parts of their past.  It takes a special person to adopt. Respect to you and Mrs J

18 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Morning all,

Did you pull an all-nighter finish the book, Mr G?

Morning Carlos. I haven't done that for years! I think the last time I literally read a whole book from start to finish because I couldn't put it down was 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime', so that's at least ten years ago. I've read Lord of the Rings a few times before, so I'm not in a hurry, besides, I've got a 3 year old to look after today! 

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Morning Carlos. I haven't done that for years! I think the last time I literally read a whole book from start to finish because I couldn't put it down was 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime', so that's at least ten years ago. I've read Lord of the Rings a few times before, so I'm not in a hurry, besides, I've got a 3 year old to look after today! 

I read Curious Incident in record time! Well, I had to go to work and stuff but I did finish it in about 2 days. Brilliant. Have you seen the stage show? I went last year. Bloody excellent. 

I am pleased to report the weather is finally becoming seasonal! We've got the r*** here today. Give it to us now, oh great ones! (finnbarr!)

49 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Can't you both dress up, eat raw fish, and whisper 'My preciousssssss'?  I generally look like Gollum until I've had my first coffee and come round a bit.  Obviously, I don't have the same combover.

It's grey here in Leeds, I would like another snippet of bands appearing, and the sun to be shining throughout June, in order to cheer up my work day please.

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Can't you both dress up, eat raw fish, and whisper 'My preciousssssss'?  I generally look like Gollum until I've had my first coffee and come round a bit.  Obviously, I don't have the same combover.

My Gollum impressions are reserved exclusively for mrs gumby's benefit ;) 

I just wanted to say something.  This is the title of this thread.  I hope that this is still what people think it's about.

Just saying.

NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

Started by jeffie, 30 Jun 2015

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I read Curious Incident in record time! Well, I had to go to work and stuff but I did finish it in about 2 days. Brilliant. Have you seen the stage show? I went last year. Bloody excellent. 

I am pleased to report the weather is finally becoming seasonal! We've got the r*** here today. Give it to us now, oh great ones! (finnbarr!)

Saw Curious Incident on stage before Christmas - amazing! Such a clever set design. Lead actor was brilliant. Really good production! Don't go to the theatre much, and certainly not London, and then usually musicals, so this was a lovely change.

Dry here but (First World Problem alert) already a bit trepidatious about tomorrow morning as I have to do my long run - 12 miles, eek - and it's going to be windy and hammering it down for the entire run. Oh well, character building and, just like with Glastonbury, better to get the shitty weather out of the way now so that the marathon day can be lovely!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

14 minutes ago, jeffie said:

I just wanted to say something.  This is the title of this thread.  I hope that this is still what people think it's about.

Just saying.

NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

Started by jeffie, 30 Jun 2015

I think we all do, Jeffie. I know I do. What's prompted your need to ask, old chum?

:)

Ben
x

Hi Ben, just been catching up, many many pages, I've been preoccupied with other matters children related for a good few months.  

I've always thought of this thread as the Cheers place "where everybody knows your name".  Noticed a few people seemed to be having a comment on others posts, or the tone overall.

I've said my piece, NFR NFC is the way forwards. sunshine, lovely, friendly, gods, weather. happy, and definitely kick it!!