Kanye West

seumasbeathan

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly because internet discourse tends to boil down to extremes of opinion. I don't think he's anywhere near either pole of excellence or travesty, but he's clearly divisive enough for hyperbole to spill over from both sides. But I'd still prefer that to someone middling that most people can agree is sort of alright but that doesn't raise any heated passions in anyone - either for the defence or the prosecution.

Plus - it's fun to mock the 'It's spelled with a silent C' types.

His music has taken a complete nosedive for me, but that's just personal opinion init (still wouldn't put group him in with Eminem though).

The guy is undeniably a twat, but popular one, which is fair play to him.

Just seems pointless from both sides, no need for people like Coxon to waste his breath, and no need for trash like this in retaliation. 

Coxon deserves to be called out for saying dumb shit. It's no different to someone saying "Blur? Fucking shouting 'woo hoo' over and over".

There's no comparison to Eminem though. Eminem did all the edgy, interesting stuff and moved onto simple pop music and Kanye made the opposite journey and left off on an artistic peak after Yeezus. I've been thinking about the new album quite a bit recently, and how I wouldn't be too bothered if all of the songs previewed so far didn't make it. I haven't got high hopes for it at all.

Edited by dentalplan

My brother convinced me and my wife to give Kanye a go, we made a promise that as soon as one of us got bored we'd go elsewhere, we stayed for the full set and in that moment it was one of the best nights I've ever had at the pyramid, I was blown away.

The start was incredible, I didn't know the tracks of yeezus but enjoyed them anyway, especially blood on the leaves. I thought some of the ordering of the set list was genius, no church in the wild into Jesus walks was brilliant. I've watched in back on the TV and the crowd seemed to know every word, as they did in the crowd around us, and we're so loud, especially heartless, wow.

By can't tell me nothing I was in proper "g" mode, rocking out like I was the greatest rock star on the planet.

It had its hiccups but I thought it was a very special set, loved the lighting as well.

My brothers a massive Kanye fan, I met up with him after Kanye and said "he's still a prize wally, but after that, he's our wally"

Graham Coxon needs to up his game. The master is back in the building:

http://www.nme.com/news/johnny-borrell/87230

I believe our Mr Borrell is just biting concepts that Coxon's partner in crime put forward on his solo album last year; "We are everyday robots on our phones", and I detect shades of their work from 20 years ago "Modern Life Is Rubbish". At least Johnny's being true to form about not living in the modern age, and nicking shit from a generation ago. Blur are embarrassingly shit, if it's not cor-blimey-guv'nor, knees-up-mother-brown shit, it's pointless middle class angst about fuck all. They're that uppity w*nker who found himself on his eye-opining gap yah which gave him a new perspective on the world.

Sorry Matt but I don't see anything wrong with that article? Apart from it being more of a blog post than a news article, but that's all that can be expected of the Indy this days.

Because its stooping, when the best thing to do is just ignore people like Coxon when they're chatting shit. And there's no need to make it a race issue when Coxon didn't. And he's comparing a verse to a chorus... 

Also its not 'out of touch' if a large part of the public agree with him (whether they're right or wrong is another debate) 

I believe our Mr Borrell is just biting concepts that Coxon's partner in crime put forward on his solo album last year; "We are everyday robots on our phones", and I detect shades of their work from 20 years ago "Modern Life Is Rubbish". At least Johnny's being true to form about not living in the modern age, and nicking shit from a generation ago. Blur are embarrassingly shit, if it's not cor-blimey-guv'nor, knees-up-mother-brown shit, it's pointless middle class angst about fuck all. They're that uppity w*nker who found himself on his eye-opining gap yah which gave him a new perspective on the world.

Spot on.

Agree with all of that