The Friday Night Clash Cluster: I want your opinions

Winslow Leach

It's the one set of overlapping clashes that's really giving me grief.

So, do I:

1) Stay at the Park after Sharon van Etten, see all of Jamie xx, then all of Super Furry Animals, missing both Hot Chip and Lamb.

2) Head back to West Holts after Sharon van Etten for all of Hot Chip and the second half of Lamb, meaning I'd miss both Jamie xx and SFA.

It's a tricky one.

Where do you think you'll end up heading after the acts are finished? I'd probably be swayed by wherever is the most practical from that point of view if I was truly on the fence.

But then I might just be lazy.

Really tough one, Winslow.

I got round it by, reluctantly, deciding to forego SVE and go from RTJ to Caribou to Hot Chip.

I loved SFA in my younger days, and would happily watch them, but there's just something about the idea of Hot Chip throwing a massive euphoria party at a stage that I perceive as pretty much permanently 'happy', that will start off the festival proper on an amazing, communally joyous footing.

Probably hasn't helped a great deal. What might help is my utter conviction that either Park or Hot Chip line-ups will prvoide a mega Friday night.

:)

Ben

I'm decamping to West Holts for the entirety of Friday evening - just have to decide whether to go for Gaslamp Killer now

Straight from the Hessle boat party to Gaslamp Killer then West Holts all the way through for me. Perfect Friday (if I wasn't missing so much elsewhere).

Watch Hot Chip, Winslow!

I'm hoping I might recognise a few faces from the meet there, as the rest of the group are all fucking off to Florence, on the bright side it does mean I now get to show them the excellence of Sharon Van Etten first hand.

Really tough one, Winslow.

I got round it by, reluctantly, deciding to forego SVE and go from RTJ to Caribou to Hot Chip.

I loved SFA in my younger days, and would happily watch them, but there's just something about the idea of Hot Chip throwing a massive euphoria party at a stage that I perceive as pretty much permanently 'happy', that will start off the festival proper on an amazing, communally joyous footing.

Probably hasn't helped a great deal. What might help is my utter conviction that either Park or Hot Chip line-ups will prvoide a mega Friday night.

:)

Ben

This is very true. Both stages are excellent on Friday. It's not much of a walk between the two either and there's a few bars on the way.

It's shaping up to be a great night to start the festival.

Can't wait.

hot chip....lamb. Short walk between the stages too. Lamb played the big chill a few years back, one of the very best gigs I've ever seen. Bass so low and powerful it moved my trousers........

Yep, just heard Lamb this morning, so looking to do that too. I'll be wearing shorts though, will that make a difference?

It's the one set of overlapping clashes that's really giving me grief.

So, do I:

1) Stay at the Park after Sharon van Etten, see all of Jamie xx, then all of Super Furry Animals, missing both Hot Chip and Lamb.

2) Head back to West Holts after Sharon van Etten for all of Hot Chip and the second half of Lamb, meaning I'd miss both Jamie xx and SFA.

I would personally do bit in bold as Hot chip will tour