Sub to be added?

Matt42

So if Bastille and Charlatans both have secret sets, could it be that Bastille might be opening? Has their been any info on Charlatans actually opening the festival, or has everyone just assumed that's the slot they're doing because there is the TBA for Other Stage?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Bastille and Charlatans both have secret sets, could it be that Bastille might be opening? Has their been any info on Charlatans actually opening the festival, or has everyone just assumed that's the slot they're doing because there is the TBA for Other Stage?

There wouldn't be such confidence behind it from efestivals and Neil if there wasn't more information from somewhere

I hope Bastille play far away, though I worry they'll be given an early pyramid slot and everyone bumped up

I'm pretty sure Neil has been told (more than once) that its them

Bastille have said in an interview I put in the secret sets thread that they were offered a high slot and turned it down so they're playing a earlier slot on friday which means it's either the 11am other stage or 1:30 on williams green. Nothing to definitively say from either that they're opening

There wouldn't be such confidence behind it from efestivals and Neil if there wasn't more information from somewhere

I hope Bastille play far away, though I worry they'll be given an early pyramid slot and everyone bumped up

Agreed. Was just thinking Bastille would probably keep the masses more happy than The Charlatans. I can imagine people who aren't fans of The Charlatans groan if they come on stage and they weren't aware if was gonna be them. A lot of idiots would probably wet themselves if Bastille opened up.

When is that Bastille interview from? Hopefully recent, because if desperate then they might have been asked to sub. Guessing its from the last day or two though (and hoping)

Unless something else comes out it seems to be that it's charlatans opening the other and bastille on williams green but logically it should be the other way round

Correct, although if we're speaking logically, then Bastille shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of the farm this weekend. Utter pish of the highest order.

When is that Bastille interview from? Hopefully recent, because if desperate then they might have been asked to sub. Guessing its from the last day or two though (and hoping)

I'm surprised they've not been moved up to sub/third after florence got moved up as they could would pull a good crowd for it but it seems as though they're sticking with the secret set

I do wonder if they'll just wait until everyone is on site before announcing. I think Michael and Emily would think that was a fun thing to do (sure I have heard them talk about that in past interviewa anyway, if I haven't they may well hate the idea!)

The stage times are fucked up though. Unless they right ones are printed in the program, it would be a bit of a mess. Who know's when they were printed though.

Yeah they've said we'll get revised timings for Friday soon, so I'd assume we'll get those, along with the sub, at some point before the festival.

Getting a bit late now, though, unless it was someone from last night's BST who couldn't be announced until after it (even then, I'd have expected it this morning).

I do wonder if they'll just wait until everyone is on site before announcing. I think Michael and Emily would think that was a fun thing to do (sure I have heard them talk about that in past interviewa anyway, if I haven't they may well hate the idea!)

Not really fair on those who like to plan who they want to see (and there are many!) .. You should be entitled to see who you want.

The curiosity could drag you away to the Pyramid, in the hope it's a big act ... only for it turn out to be Bastille or the likes.

And then you've gone and missed Caribou and Sharon Van Etten in the process.

Personally from the ones I've seen talked about, I'm hoping for KISS, Bill Bailey or (as a longshot) Prince, but this close I'm a little doubtful 1) They've actually booked anyone not already on site and 2) they're going to announce who it is before Friday

Edited by FrankieX