Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

Have they?

The spending so far doesn't need Sterling sold, I don't think. They'll offload a few and get a few quid back, plus the £50M-ish that Fenway seem happy to invest each season.

Of course, that's dependent on Fenway actually being willing to invest a chunk each season, but I wouldn't be surprised. The rise of players such as Sterling is *exactly* their game-plan, and their game-plan doesn't work if they don't keep the improving players.

(they can't keep Sterling forever of course, but they ideally need to get greater benefit from him before he's off).

Villa will (rightfully) hold out for 32m for Benteke. This leads me to believe that the deal for Sterling to Citeh is already in place mate. Think FSG's net spend this window will be no greater than 20m.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know much about firmino? It was a name I didnt recognize when I saw the Brazil copa squad.

All I know about him is a few people who's opinions I generally rate have been banging on about him for a couple of years now to the point of boredom and were gutted when he seemed destined for United.

£21m rising to £29m based on a few targets (which I hope we meet!). Just worry the higher end of that price tag puts the pressure on but I am glad they went and got their man quickly rather than playing hardball and getting a second choice for much the same money.

All I know about him is a few people who's opinions I generally rate have been banging on about him for a couple of years now to the point of boredom and were gutted when he seemed destined for United.

£21m rising to £29m based on a few targets (which I hope we meet!). Just worry the higher end of that price tag puts the pressure on but I am glad they went and got their man quickly rather than playing hardball and getting a second choice for much the same money.

I think the only concern for me (without knowing much about the player) is the general record if Brazilians in adapting to life in the premiership. I know there have been some exceptions, but most seem to have struggled. I heard an interesting analyis by Tim Vickery about why Argentinians have adapted better to the league, although not interesting enough that I can rememeber his argument.

35,000 in early July to watch Westley play the youth team against some pub team?

Mad or stupid...probably both.

both at a guess, but it may show signs that we are becoming (hopefully cautiously) optimistic about the future. plus by it being priced at £10 for adults and £5 for kids helps as well. Same for the next round if we get there, which I'd expect, and be shocked if we didn't.

England blew it in the usual spectacular style....  Funny really lol

Usually its unspectacular when England blow it, think they did really well to get that far its just a shame it ended that way. also considering even if they'd got through the group in the past, they had never won a knockout game until that tournament so its huge progress to just miss out on the final for them.

I think the only concern for me (without knowing much about the player) is the general record if Brazilians in adapting to life in the premiership. I know there have been some exceptions, but most seem to have struggled. I heard an interesting analyis by Tim Vickery about why Argentinians have adapted better to the league, although not interesting enough that I can rememeber his argument.

They can get work permits easier?

They can get work permits easier?

nah, Brazilians have much easier UK access, cos many of them qualify for Portugese passports - tho that doesn't apply with Firmino (tho he gets one easily now because of playing for the national team).

Am looking forwards to seeing him play, as he out-stats just about every other player.

No, I think it was more related to when they arrive, then the ease of getting here. I think it was more the cultural transition, but cant find anything online.

If you find it I'd be interested to give it a read. Thinking about it there are several Argentinians that have settled in recent years but I'm not sure whether they outnumber the Brazilian contingent yet.

both at a guess, but it may show signs that we are becoming (hopefully cautiously) optimistic about the future. plus by it being priced at £10 for adults and £5 for kids helps as well. Same for the next round if we get there, which I'd expect, and be shocked if we didn't.

It's definitely the post Allardyce bounce. It'll be strange to see smaller crowds for later rounds - that'll be a bit arse about face!

Falcao to Chelsea done. Apparently £180k a week. Mad one.

A very antithesis of a Mourinho player. Got bullied in the Prem last season. Lost a lot of ball, especially receiving passes with his back to goal. Couldn't hold up play. Would be just like Jose to get the best out of him though.