Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

Utd will be after a better class of player than Benteke with Van Persie leaving.

Agreed, falcao and rvp off the wage bill frees up a lot of money.

Who's available though? Not a good summer to be looking for a striker. Utd need 2 and we're already into pre-season

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's available though? Not a good summer to be looking for a striker. Utd need 2 and we're already into pre-season

Not a good summer for strikers? Same as every year isn't it? Depends how much you wanna pay.

I can see them getting one in, United will only play with one up and that will more than likely be Rooney. Then as it stands Wilson, depay and another to fill in when needed.

With all these midfielders at United's disposal, Rooney won't be asked to to play there.

So are they going to buy a big name if Rooney is going to be the main frontman?

Front 3 of Depay, Rooney, Di Maria won't be to far of the mark.

Edited by thetime

Not a good summer for strikers? Same as every year isn't it? Depends how much you wanna pay.

I can see them getting one in, United will only play with one up and that will more than likely be Rooney. Then as it stands Wilson, depay and another to fill in when needed.

With all these midfielders at United's disposal, Rooney won't be asked to to play there.

Surely Wilson needs a loan move to see if he can cut it. I don't think he is ready for man utds level yet.

There has been rumours of them doing that, although I'm unsure if that will happen.

Having a striker come in for the main man being rested/injured is a difficult one. A top striker isn't going to be happy with that, so perhaps someone like Wilson is the best bet. Or perhaps that's the idea for depay, play out wide and then as a main striker when Rooney is out.

Still a few positions to sort out first with gk, cb and probably schneiderlin.

There has been rumours of them doing that, although I'm unsure if that will happen.

There have been many James Wilson type prospects in the premiership over the years andvery few have made it. I think man utd is the worse place for him at present, the stakes are too high to focus on what's best for his development.

I think the ideal move would be to a good championship side eg Burnley. I think players like that need to play.

Nah, this summer is particularly bad for availability. Higuain is the only half decent 'name' available. 

Neither Depay nor Di Maria are strikers. They can't just rely on Rooney - he's only scored over 20 goals twice in the past 10 years. Utd's transfer activity the past few years is wonderfully clueless. Long may it continue

Nah, this summer is particularly bad for availability. Higuain is the only half decent 'name' available. 

There have been many James Wilson type prospects in the premiership over the years andvery few have made it. I think man utd is the worse place for him at present, the stakes are too high to focus on what's best for his development.

I think the ideal move would be to a good championship side eg Burnley. I think players like that need to play.

I can't remember to many players going out on loan, coming back and being a success. If Wilson is going to make the cut at United then he will need to do it there rather than spend it out on loan. 

I can't see how it would prove anything playing in the championship, you could argue a premier league club if he actually gets games.

Teams don't have an abundance of traditional strikers any more do they? 

There was a time teams had 4 but that's pretty rare, perhaps city and Liverpool seem to have 6 or 7 centre forwards.

Arsenal have pretty much giroud and Chelsea had Costa and Remy last season.

Benzema? Lacazette? Cavani? Benteke? Kane? Plenty of strikers available if you're willing to pay for it.

People have been saying Benzema's available for years. Why is he available? He's first choice striker at Real Madrid, with no decent back up, and is supposedly Perez's golden boy.

Lacazette's said he's staying. Cavani's going to be PSG's first choice striker in a year so has no reason to leave.

Benteke, yeah, but he isn't really top level.

Kane would be unbelievably overpriced if he leaves this Summer.

Chelsea had Drogba, too. If there's no one good available United just need to bring in someone like Austin who can probably cover for any injuries.

ReaRe

People have been saying Benzema's available for years. Why is he available? He's first choice striker at Real Madrid, with no decent back up, and is supposedly Perez's golden boy.

Lacazette's said he's staying. Cavani's going to be PSG's first choice striker in a year so has no reason to leave.

Benteke, yeah, but he isn't really top level.

Kane would be unbelievably overpriced if he leaves this Summer.

They would all be available if you paid well over the odds. Say man utd offered 60m do you think he would be available? Every player has its price.

I can't remember to many players going out on loan, coming back and being a success. If Wilson is going to make the cut at United then he will need to do it there rather than spend it out on loan.

I can't see how it would prove anything playing in the championship, you could argue a premier league club if he actually gets games.

I think the striker position is about confidence, play for a decent team in the championship and you will get opportunity for game time and chances. Bamford went from Chelsea last season and is in a better position than if he stayed at Chelsea reserves, even if it's a long shot.

I think if he goes to a premiership team he may end up on a different bench, or at a club doing little attacking. Nothing I have seen or read about Wilson suggests he is more than a punt.

People said the same when Henry joined arsenal!

Indeed they did. But i bet Arsenal had more than one striker at the club at the time. And LVG is not a developer of players in the way Wenger is. Are you really saying Utd don't need another striker??? Depay won't be anything special next season and Di Maria has never been much of a goalscorer. 

They would all be available if you paid well over the odds. Say man utd offered 60m do you think he would be available? Every player has its price.

Then by your definition every player is available at any time. Clearly I am talking about players who could realistically be transferred. There are fewer strikers looking to move on and fewer clubs looking to offload.  Personally i reckon Utd should put in a cheeky bid for Zlatan on a 2yr deal - they can afford his massive wages, he'd be a decent player to rotate and I'd love to see him in the prem (just not at my club). 

Oh, and that's a mental price for Sterling but completely unsurprising given City's lack of English players. I doubt it's the move Sterling himself wanted but when you're that overpriced...

Oh, and that's a mental price for Sterling but completely unsurprising given City's lack of English players. I doubt it's the move Sterling himself wanted but when you're that overpriced...

There was only 2 realistic options wasn't there? City or Chelsea.

Benzema? Lacazette? Cavani? Benteke? Kane? Plenty of strikers available if you're willing to pay for it.

LFC have £40m in the bank now. If they've a clue they should be offering Lyon €35m and Lacazette£120k per week tonight.