Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madness. Surely they don't want players doing nothing for 5 months? Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to have made the signings now, but with them arriving in Jan?

Maybe, but that risks them getting injured in a game and given the two signings are from Spanish clubs they're weakening their rivals. I find the clause that they can sell Turan back to Atletico if the new Barcelona president doesn't want him bizarre though.

Maybe, but that risks them getting injured in a game and given the two signings are from Spanish clubs they're weakening their rivals. I find the clause that they can sell Turan back to Atletico if the new Barcelona president doesn't want him bizarre though.

Ah yeah, good point about weakening rivals. I guess he's got a lot of time to bed into the squad, anyway, and he'll probably play in reserve games and stuff, won't he?

Didn't know about that last part. Did read that the Turan signing is basically the current president trying to secure votes, though. Weirdly ran club, isn't it? Will he even play anyway?

Ah yeah, good point about weakening rivals. I guess he's got a lot of time to bed into the squad, anyway, and he'll probably play in reserve games and stuff, won't he?

Didn't know about that last part. Did read that the Turan signing is basically the current president trying to secure votes, though. Weirdly ran club, isn't it? Will he even play anyway?

I'm not sure if he can play for the B team as I guess he'd have to be registered for that so I'm not too sure what'll happen. 

Yeah it's a strange situation. I don't think he'll displace any of the front three at the moment but he can fill Pedro's role of being their backup I suppose. 

I'm not sure if he can play for the B team as I guess he'd have to be registered for that so I'm not too sure what'll happen.

Yeah it's a strange situation. I don't think he'll displace any of the front three at the moment but he can fill Pedro's role of being their backup I suppose.

Hmmm, dunno then.

Yeah, I guess he can replace Iniesta and be a more central attacking midfielder, when Iniesta declines, but I dunno how likely that is to happen. Don't remember seeing Iniesta much last season so dunno how well he played.

Pedro signed a new contract last week anyway, so he seems to be staying as well. No idea why he would; he's never displacing anyone in that team.

Could work well for them really. Having a player of Turans quality being as fresh as he will in the second half of the season will be a boost and will do them no harm in the run in.

Also his agent has confirmed that others (supposedly Chelsea and Man Utd) but said his first choice was Barca. Also, the deal was made now because Enrique wanted to ensure he got him.

Edited by sdvruxk

Hmmm, dunno then.

Yeah, I guess he can replace Iniesta and be a more central attacking midfielder, when Iniesta declines, but I dunno how likely that is to happen. Don't remember seeing Iniesta much last season so dunno how well he played.

Pedro signed a new contract last week anyway, so he seems to be staying as well. No idea why he would; he's never displacing anyone in that team.

He's only 3 years younger than Iniesta so would be a strange choice to replace him. If they've spent £24m on a 28 year old who can't play for 6 months to act as backup then it's a strange signing, even if he is a very good player.

Could work well for them really. Having a player of Turans quality being as fresh as he will in the second half of the season will be a boost and will do them no harm in the run in.

Also his agent has confirmed that others (supposedly Chelsea and Man Utd) but said his first choice was Barca. Also, the deal was made now because Enrique wanted to ensure he got him.

Yeah it works well for them, and negates any chance of burnout for the usual front three, but it's an odd move for him.