Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£10.9m fee agreed between Chelsea and Arsenal for Cech.

Have to say, im surprised its that high. He's quality yes but I thought it would be £7-8m tops

I think I read Cech is the same age as VDS when he went to Man utd. Chelsea probably would have sold abroad for 7-8 million, but Arsenal have had to pay a premium to convince them to sell to a side who could potentially compete with them. It looks a good transfer to me.

I think I read Cech is the same age as VDS when he went to Man utd. Chelsea probably would have sold abroad for 7-8 million, but Arsenal have had to pay a premium to convince them to sell to a side who could potentially compete with them. It looks a good transfer to me.

Cracking signing, don't see the fee being that extortionate with what there getting. It's someone arsenal have been crying out for years, probably a striker short of realistic challengers. Edited by thetime

Cracking signing, don't see the fee being that extortionate with what there getting. It's someone arsenal have been crying out for years, probably a striker short of realistic challengers.

I think they're any good signing short. Giroud/Walcott/Sanchez as strikers have enough firepower IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33265323

I personally feel that if a player isn't prepared to make themselves available for U21 level then we should be much tougher and tell them they won't have a future in the senior squad. Its all about commitment or the lack of it from our national team players.

Agree,but the idea that England would have easily won the tournament with those players is rubbish. Does lawrenson watch young players outside the premiership.

could be possible that it has something to do with that, however what annoys me is everyone seems to have taken his side after being sacked even though they know no details as to why it has happened.

anyway in more positive news we've sold out for the europa league qualifier thursday, and Lutisans are only bringing 82 away fans, think people are possibly excited for the future, as if Sam Allardyce was still in charge I think it wouldn't have sold out at all...

Looking more and more certain that LFC are signing Benteke. Villa fans, what are your thoughts on him at the moment? Does he suit a pressing game?

I think he is about as good as Liverpool could get in the domestic market. There are better players abroad, but they are also more of a gamble. When Villa got rid of Lambert he started scoring and Im sure he will do ok given the right supply.

Wasn't his son involved in that Thai thing and sacked? Maybe he's been telling the board exactly what he thinks about it.

His son was at loan at wrexham last season and wasn't close to the level to be at a premiership club! Pearson has had a few incidents and I imagine in a corporate premiership world his face may not fit. He did a decent job keeping Leicester up, but I suspect he wont get another premiership job.

Looking more and more certain that LFC are signing Benteke. Villa fans, what are your thoughts on him at the moment? Does he suit a pressing game?

A very decent player, but defo not one for the pressing game. Will be a dreadful waste of money I reckon.

I'm starting to think that Origi will be the man, cos while he has his skill issues his pace with those two Brazilian's behind could have a surprising impact.

So Citeh have signed Sterling etc etc.

Have they?

The spending so far doesn't need Sterling sold, I don't think. They'll offload a few and get a few quid back, plus the £50M-ish that Fenway seem happy to invest each season.

Of course, that's dependent on Fenway actually being willing to invest a chunk each season, but I wouldn't be surprised. The rise of players such as Sterling is *exactly* their game-plan, and their game-plan doesn't work if they don't keep the improving players.

(they can't keep Sterling forever of course, but they ideally need to get greater benefit from him before he's off).

anyway in more positive news we've sold out for the europa league qualifier thursday, and Lutisans are only bringing 82 away fans, think people are possibly excited for the future, as if Sam Allardyce was still in charge I think it wouldn't have sold out at all...

35,000 in early July to watch Westley play the youth team against some pub team?

Mad or stupid...probably both.