Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's exactly £9M they get. 20%, less the fee that Liverpool paid for Sterling (£800k).

Whatever else Liverpool might be doing wrong you can't knock them for player development in the last few seasons, they've picked up some very decent dosh via the players they've signed.

They develop players and sell them on with big profit, you can't knock them for that.

Is that Liverpool's lot now though?

He's the best prospect in Europe, and his stats better Skippy's at a young age even tho Sterling has played in a worse team.

Out of interest how much European football do you watch? I suspect the answer to who is the best prospect in Europe differs very much depending on which country you are asking the question. I would say most valuable prospect in Europe would be more accurate.

In all honesty Im glad this saga is over. Now the player can sink or swim depending on performances.

Out of interest how much European football do you watch? I suspect the answer to who is the best prospect in Europe differs very much depending on which country you are asking the question. I would say most valuable prospect in Europe would be more accurate.

In all honesty Im glad this saga is over. Now the player can sink or swim depending on performances.

Very little. My comment about 'best prospect in Europe' was based on me having seen a heqadline saying that in the last few days, which I thought was from a whole-europe survey of some kind - if it's not, that's my bad.

That aside he is an extremely exciting prospect. Only a fool would deny it.

Craziest rumour of the weekend, Johnny Evans to Arsenal for 10m.

If this were to happen I might have to stop supporting arsenal*... I have an irrational hatred of Evans.  

(*this is a joke. But I do despise Evans)

As someone else has said, I'm so glad this Stirling fiasco is over it was really beginning to get on my tits.

Very little. My comment about 'best prospect in Europe' was based on me having seen a heqadline saying that in the last few days, which I thought was from a whole-europe survey of some kind - if it's not, that's my bad.

That aside he is an extremely exciting prospect. Only a fool would deny it.

If the article was the one that I had read it was "most valuable prospect" instead of "best prospect". I would probably remove the word "extremely" from how I would rate him. I look forward to all the talk ending and see how he performs for man city.

Edited by pink_triangle

I look forward to all the talk ending and see how he performs for man city.

Me too - tho don't fall into the trap that if he doesn't look so good it's because he's not so good. Di Maria looked crap all last season yet you still dribbled about him.

How a player performs comes about from a number of different things.

Edited by eFestivals

Sterling will be a success at City, he will get more space with the likes of aguero creating space for him.

It's no coincidence sterling had a good season when sturridge and Suarez were making space for him. Not so great last season when he had to create space by himself.

The money seems to be more of an issue for people outside city and Liverpool. City don't give a damn spending that sort of money on a player, Liverpool are certainly happy to accept.

Edited by thetime

Me too - tho don't fall into the trap that if he doesn't look so good it's because he's not so good. Di Maria looked crap all last season yet you still dribbled about him.

How a player performs comes about from a number of different things.

Well its not true that Di Maria was crap all last season. He started strongly, then (from memory) got injured and didint get back. As with Di Maria he shouldnt be judged on one season at one club. History will help us decide if both were worth the fee and if not how much that was down to the player.

Well its not true that Di Maria was crap all last season. He started strongly, then (from memory) got injured and didint get back. As with Di Maria he shouldnt be judged on one season at one club. History will help us decide if both were worth the fee and if not how much that was down to the player.

I wouldn't even say he started strongly. I remember him having maybe 3/4 good games. A few good crosses, and that goal against Leicester, other than that I am struggling to remember any major impact that he had, it was average all the way.

Comparisons have to made to Sanchez, play similar-ish position and both came from top teams of the same league - had hugely different impacts.

I do agree that players should be given longer than a season however so we will see how he gets on this season.

Surely for 49mil though you have to expect a certain level of performance regardless of contravening factors.

like Di Maris had for Utd last season you mean?

Much like how Ozil is(n't) lauded for his games?

That sort of level of performance?

Sterling can keep up with the competition when that's the competition.

crap or not, Sterling was at least as good as him. Most would say far better, I reckon.