Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CHRLY said:

It's something I really struggle to understand, like booing through a minutes silence. It's gotta be the mob-mentality thing - with the excitement of the game taking over for most of them it's just a case of joining in because they can probably. Horrible. 

I remember in Wrexham once there was a minute silence for princess Margaret which was booed. I had no problem as I think it shouldn't have been done in the first place. Chester also had a minute silence for a Liverpool gangster who was mates with the chairman.

I think we need to be very careful about freedom of speech when looking at this subject. To me these songs are distasteful and disgusting, but if you start to take away people rights to do both then your heading in dangerous territory. On the other side I guess if you sang them in Liverpool city centre you would be arrested, so it's a difficult one.

38 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Has a keeper ever been highest paid player at a club in recent years? Buffon?

Utd should do whatever it takes to hold onto DdG. 

yep, he was good ... but Liverpool didn't test him anywhere near as much as they dominated. I'd say that their inability to let loose on target had at least as much influence on the scoreline as any saves did.

Still, it was nice to see Utd properly played off the park.for once, rather than them playing shit like last night and winning.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Still, it was nice to see Utd properly played off the park.for once, rather than them playing shit like last night and winning.

They've been played off the park a few times this year. Watford looked like early 90s AC Milan last week and would've been 4 or 5 up if if weren't for Dave. And Watford being shit up top. 

The "Utd back in top 4 race" bollocks was due to Utd winning against Carlisle, that Danish team who no one has heard of and Arsenal, who are bottlers. Next 5 games. West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Everton and Spurs. That'll finish LVG off. 

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That'll finish LVG off. 

I read on the beeb's gossip earlier that Moaniho has given an interview where he's said he's agreed to start a new job in July.

So I'm guessing that you're stuck with LvG until the summer, cos I can't see Utd sacking him to put Giggs in temporary charge again.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I read on the beeb's gossip earlier that Moaniho has given an interview where he's said he's agreed to start a new job in July.

So I'm guessing that you're stuck with LvG until the summer, cos I can't see Utd sacking him to put Giggs in temporary charge again.

Hes defo staying till the summer yeah. What I mean by finishing him off is any hope of him being retained by qualifying for the Champions League, staying in the Europa, winning the FA Cup etc. 

Lots of positivity from Liverpool fans but last night means nothing.

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Lots of positivity from Liverpool fans but last night means nothing.

Yup, I agree. The 2nd leg is unlikely to be as one-sided.

Liverpool don't have a match at the weekend, which is in-theory a big advantage ... and yet they seem to alternate between playing well for a game and then shit for a game, so I'm worried for them for next week because of that.

Clyne had a good'un last night (not that he's been bad anyway) .... which gives Liverpool a big dilemma going forwards (not the Europa tho, cos Flan's not in the named squad), cos Flanagan is starting to look as good as he did before his long injury. I'm wondering how that's going to pan out, badly for one of them, I guess.

watched both matches on and off, was Rashford playing fullback? most of Liverpools success seemed to be coming down that side. I was reading the Manchester Evening news on the train home and they pointed out if Man U had won, Van Gaal would of been the first Manchester Utd manager to beat Liverpool 5 times in a row.

On the other match I can see why Aubameyang is so highly rated.

Just now, Wooderson said:

Utd are at home.

Means nothing these day really in regards to United. It is no longer a place to dread going. Tough week for United and I hope they suffer the shame of beating knocked out by West Ham, Liverpool , then tonked by City in the league next weekend.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Clyne on right, Flan on left? Moreno on bench so less penalties conceded?

That's what I mean - a dilemma!

I was surprised to see Clyne played on the left so Flan could play on the right in a recent game - cos Flan on the left was always solid.

But I'd hate to see Moreno out of the team too, cos while his defending is iffy (was good last night, mind) him getting forwards is becoming a more important part of the team with every game.

And there's Smith and Gomez too, who also both want that left spot (tho perhaps Gomez will end up in the middle).

It's a great dilemma for Liverpool to have, but it's not one that's going to keep so many decent players happy I don't think.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it would be if Liverpool could put the ball in the net.

And because they couldn't (enough), it's all still there to be played for.

Yes, if Utd beat LFC 3-0 or scrape through on pens after 120 minutes the poor finishing last night will be a regret.

8 minutes ago, lost said:

On the other match I can see why Aubameyang is so highly rated.

I only had half an eye on the Spurs match, but that 3rd goal was beautiful, really beautiful. There was something very Barca-like about it, a certainty of that attack getting a goal.

Worrying for Arsenal, perhaps, that Spurs are clearly going for the league .... tho the year doesn't end in '1', so it won't work out. :P

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I only had half an eye on the Spurs match, but that 3rd goal was beautiful, really beautiful. There was something very Barca-like about it, a certainty of that attack getting a goal.

Worrying for Arsenal, perhaps, that Spurs are clearly going for the league .... tho the year doesn't end in '1', so it won't work out. :P

I can't see Spurs winning it. Out of all the top teams I have seen first hand this season, Spurs have been by far the worse. To say they have got some Jammy decisions would be an under-statement. I think Spurs will finish 4th.

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Any fan who sings about tragedies is scum.

United songs about murderers isn't aimed at hillsbrough is it? I think that's more aimed at heysel.

'The S*n was right' is definitely aimed at Hillsborough isn't it? And wasn't sung by a minority either. Was loud and proud.

And before anyone mentions it, whilst there's obviously a long shameful history of it, not heard a Munich chant like that for years at a game (there was that abhorrent thing at the SOS meet about 7 years ago mind).

A few odd idiots make gestures and comments here and there, but Heysel/Hilsborough chants seem to be surviving. Was even being sung in a Youth Cup game recently....

Edited by strummer77