Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

A few people on the radio moaning that Sunderland letting him play meant their kids were allowed to meet and bxe photographed with him. Surely the club wasn't letting him doing that community aspect of the job ?

It's astounding if they were. :blink:

But I can't say I've got much sympathy for any of those complainees, as it's not like they didn't know that him-convicted could be a future consequence onto those meetings/photos.

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

McClaren isn't going anywhere is he? :(

Benitez possibly!? Why he'd go to Newcastle though I've no idea.

Not only Shteves fault though. Just as it wasn't Carvers, or Pardews, or Hughtons, or Shearers or JFKs. Whats Sctheve? The 14th manager in 14 years? Fucks sake. Finished in the top half twice in that period I think? 80m spent last year? The club is a total mess.

Edited by The Nal

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's astounding if they were. :blink:

But I can't say I've got much sympathy for any of those complainees, as it's not like they didn't know that him-convicted could be a future consequence onto those meetings/photos.

I guess it depends on the situation, the parents have a responsibility if they were there. I'm assuming he wasn't doing the rounds of schools, youth football clubs etc.

49 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Benitez possibly!? Why he'd go to Newcastle though I've no idea.

Not only Shteves fault though. Just as it wasn't Carvers, or Pardews, or Hughtons, or Shearers or JFKs. Whats Sctheve? The 14th manager in 14 years? Fucks sake. Finished in the top half twice in that period I think? 80m spent last year? The club is a total mess.

It's something like that yeah, think maybe 12 in 14 years. I've stated before that Carr and Charnley both need their positions reviewing too. 

Benitez haha imagine if he came to Newcastle with 10 games to go and relegation almost a certainty. Can't see it.

12 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Benitez haha imagine if he came to Newcastle with 10 games to go and relegation almost a certainty. Can't see it.

I don't think its a certainty at all. Game in hand, easier fixtures than the rest.

How big is the Sunderland game now? Huge game next week.

Not counting repeats (eg carver multiple times caretaker), we've had 11 managers /head coaches since sir Bobby was sacked in 2004. For finishing 4th, 3rd, 4th, 5th. 

There's a lot wrong at the club, but shteve has been particularly bad, more net spend while he's been there than any manager except souness and he's only been there 2 windows. 

Relegation not a certainty, but how can we stay up if we don't win the games vs Sunderland and Norwich? 

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Not counting repeats (eg carver multiple times caretaker), we've had 11 managers /head coaches since sir Bobby was sacked in 2004. For finishing 4th, 3rd, 4th, 5th. 

There's a lot wrong at the club, but shteve has been particularly bad, more net spend while he's been there than any manager except souness and he's only been there 2 windows. 

Relegation not a certainty, but how can we stay up if we don't win the games vs Sunderland and Norwich? 

Sunderland are going to smash us again :(

48 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I hope they don't. 

However, if you lose to a terrible terrible Sunderland side, not once but twice this season, then you fully deserve to be relegated. 

True. They have more fight and desire than Newcastle. McClaren still hasn't gone, I don't see them winning again this season to be honest, the situation is unbelievable.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

22 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

So its all about the Europa Cup now.........

Dortmund V Spurs followed by Liverpool V Utd tonight

I hope these fixtures can live up to their billing.

yeah, I'm looking forwards to them.

I'm thinking the reds/reds match will be cagey tonight from Utd tho, and probably be a bit of a bore because of it. I'd have probably said the same about Liverpool too, but having seen Klopp's interview from yesterday I don't think that's how it's going to be.

Newcastle are targeting Benitez? That's the daftest thing I've heard since Klopp for Villa. He'd have to be pretty desperate to take over a team in their situation. Far more likely he waits to see if they're in the Premier League next year, but if that's the case would they still sack McClaren?

On 09/03/2016 at 9:51 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

True. They have more fight and desire than Newcastle. McClaren still hasn't gone, I don't see them winning again this season to be honest, the situation is unbelievable.

3 year deal is being reported. It can't be true, he'd be mad to take it.

It looks like it's on. Keeping my fingers crossed, but it gives us a much better chance of staying up. If McClaren had of stayed, it was game over. The most encouraging thing about all of this is it seems they are about to give Rafa more power than any manager has had under Ashley (permitting we stay up). He will be seen as manager rather than head coach, and will have major power over transfers. I can't quite believe it though!

Still got big points to play for. I was convinced we were down after Bournemouth on Saturday, because I didn't think they would get a decent replacement in for McClaren, even if he was sacked. Key games for us now are Sunderland (H), Norwich (A), Swansea (H), Palace (H) and Villa (A).

39 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

It looks like it's on. Keeping my fingers crossed, but it gives us a much better chance of staying up. If McClaren had of stayed, it was game over. The most encouraging thing about all of this is it seems they are about to give Rafa more power than any manager has had under Ashley (permitting we stay up). He will be seen as manager rather than head coach, and will have major power over transfers. I can't quite believe it though!

Still got big points to play for. I was convinced we were down after Bournemouth on Saturday, because I didn't think they would get a decent replacement in for McClaren, even if he was sacked. Key games for us now are Sunderland (H), Norwich (A), Swansea (H), Palace (H) and Villa (A).

Could it be similar to when Bobby took over? He totally changed things at our club both on and off the pitch. If we do indeed get Benitez in then I'll changed from thinking we won't win a game to us having a glimmer of hope again. That derby game is gonna be crazy pressure.

also, this whole saga has taught me that nobody can spell "McClaren"properly.

20 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Could it be similar to when Bobby took over? He totally changed things at our club both on and off the pitch. If we do indeed get Benitez in then I'll changed from thinking we won't win a game to us having a glimmer of hope again. That derby game is gonna be crazy pressure.

also, this whole saga has taught me that nobody can spell "McClaren"properly.

It's certainly potentially one of the most exciting appointments we have made in my lifetime (if it happens). The thing is, if he kept us up then the future could be very exciting under him if he had the final say on transfers, but it's just gonna hurt more if we go down now, knowing we had Benitez. It's sickening that we are in this situation. I am confident that if we do stay up under Rafa, then we will not be in this position again for quite a long time, but I can't say I'm confident about staying up yet. If anything, he should command a bit of respect from the likes of Sissoko, who has been an absolute disgrace for the last few months.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

It's certainly potentially one of the most exciting appointments we have made in my lifetime (if it happens). The thing is, if he kept us up then the future could be very exciting under him if he had the final say on transfers, but it's just gonna hurt more if we go down now, knowing we had Benitez. It's sickening that we are in this situation. I am confident that if we do stay up under Rafa, then we will not be in this position again for quite a long time, but I can't say I'm confident about staying up yet. If anything, he should command a bit of respect from the likes of Sissoko, who has been an absolute disgrace for the last few months.

Sissoko is a want away disgrace.

Reports now that the club have denied that McClaren has been sacked.

doing my head in now a bit.