Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

11 hours ago, The Nal said:

Liverpool had a midfielder sent off too away from home and they still won.

On the lucky side tho, defo on the lucky side.

What I've noticed this morning is, despite Liverpool having no one able to put the ball in the net, they've scored more goals than Utd. In fact, they've scored nearly as many goals as anyone.

I'm glad they played shit yesterday, as they don't seem to be able to do two decent games on the trot ... so maybe, just maybe, we might get a decent match on Thursday. Looking forwards to it now.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

On the lucky side tho, defo on the lucky side.

Both goals for LFC had their elements of luck, no doubt, but what was evident when they went down to 10 men is that they had to go for it and did and subsequently they actually looked a better threat with the 10 then they were posing when they were at full strength. Just like their whole season their inconsistency is baffling. 

12 hours ago, sdvruxk said:

Liverpool were playing a team who, just the other day, you said could be dragged into a relegation fight because of their abysmal form. And who also had luck on their side in the final minute. 

United weren't good enough. Having 10 men against a team who are usually set up well defensively anyway was never an easy task though. 

I'm not saying we would've won if we had 11 men because our problems this season have been highlighted when playing against teams who sit off us. We need loads of space for our players to look good, most of the time.

Palace could still be dragged in, easy. Judging by Pardews post match he knows it too. They're the worst side in the league at the minute. 

Also how were Liverpool lucky? Did very well with 10 men, Palace capitulated (again) and it was a clear peno. Palace being shit doesn't mean Liverpool were lucky. 

Liverpool were shit too mind you.

12 hours ago, thetime said:

LVG will do a LVG in the next 11 days and everything will be fine.:wub:

Next two weeks - Liverpool, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City. Not a hope. Hes a time waster.

Edited by The Nal

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Also how were Liverpool lucky? Did very well with 10 men, Palace capitulated (again) and it was a clear peno. Palace being shit doesn't mean Liverpool were lucky. 

Liverpool were shit too mind you.

Liverpool were shit, but they still won ... due to the luck of being gifted the first goal, and the luck of being awarded a soft penalty for the 2nd.

(yes, it was a penalty by the rules, but plenty of refs wouldn't have given that all the same - he was touched, but he was going nowhere).

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Next two weeks - Liverpool, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City. Not a hope. Hes a time waster.

Compare United's record against top half sides and the bottom sides.

All the above will come out and play, exactly when United start and play well.

Teams that stand off and defend, utd and lvg are clueless.

54 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

If Newcastle stay up then whoever keeps us up will be manager next season, rightly or wrongly. 

If McClaren kept the team up he'd still have to go, top 8 was his target and he's spent 80mil. Stuck with that awful formation all year long when it hasn't worked, played a striker on Saturday that has scored 1 in about 25 and not played in months. 

Carr should also go, too many of his signings haven't been worth the money spent and Charnley must have his position reviewed too.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Moyes would a brave man to take it on now. I suspect many would wait until the end of the season before deciding if they wanted the job.

We need a brave person! Not sure on Moyes though to be honest. It's worth the gamble though, we can't keep on like this, i can't believe it's got to this again!

Edited by WS_Jack_III
Grammar

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I completely agree we need a change, but who the fuck would take it?

Becoming manager of Newcastle is a huge gamble that only those who don't think their stock can fall lower would risk. Like McClaren.

defo looks like a bad gig ... the problem is the club, not the manager.

I dont think it would be too much of a gamble for Moyes to take it straight away. They could get relegated and he doesnt get blamed, but if they dont he is the hero.

If they are relegated with him at the helm then I reckon he could do well with that squad to get them straight back up and then he is a hero and he can ride that crest for a while.

Its nearly a win win for him and the time spent with the squad now until the end of the season, whether they go down or stay up, allows him to get a good idea what would be required for next season.

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I certainly wouldn't endorse this campaign personally, but wouldn't dispute her right to do it either.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I certainly wouldn't endorse this campaign personally, but wouldn't dispute her right to do it either.

i wasnt disputing her right to do it, just saying how pointless it is

magaret byrne has resigned from sunderland over it

Edited by zahidf

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

While I agree with what you've said there .... the the idea of the campaign itself surely seems more than a little ... erm ... misguided.

It's always possible, I guess, that the jury have returned the wrong verdict over the one charge they've found him guilty of, but he's pleaded guilty to two other charges, and I doubt the extra charge will makes too much difference to how long he actually serves in jail (as generally sentences run concurrently).

So even if he gets 'justice' and that extra charge is over-turned he's still guilty of child sex crimes and everything that means, and would probably be doing much the same time. Why bother?

(actually, I fully understand why someone might bother .... but it makes such little difference here).,

Edited by eFestivals

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

While I agree with what you've said there .... the the idea of the campaign itself surely seems more than a little ... erm ... misguided.

It's always possible, I guess, that the jury have returned the wrong verdict over the one charge they've found him guilty of, but he's pleaded guilty to two other charges, and I doubt the extra charge will makes too much difference to how long he actually serves in jail (as generally sentences run concurrently).

So even if he gets 'justice' and that extra charge is over-turned he's still guilty of child sex crimes and everything that means, and would probably be doing much the same time. Why bother?

(actually, I fully understand why someone might bother .... but it makes such little difference here).,

Yes, I don't know how much the crimes he did not plead guilty to will effect the punishment compared to the ones he does. My views aren't really influenced by his profile, I fear stopping things because high profile people do them, ends up hitting low profile people as well. I advocate a convict to fight a conviction tooth and nail regardless of their background.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Did she not get the note that justice has been served?

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

magaret byrne has resigned from sunderland over it

It was inevitable with the information she had. I thought it was a pretty straightforward decision where he should have been suspended until the trial. That decision made things really tough on the victim, who should have been the main priority.

A few people on the radio moaning that Sunderland letting him play meant their kids were allowed to meet and bxe photographed with him. Surely the club wasn't letting him doing that community aspect of the job ?