Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

The season they won the champs league he played pretty much all the time. I did not even mention Ryan Giggs as he started from the bench in the final I think. He would have walked into that Milan team.

None of them were as quick as Ronaldo though. Football in general was not as quick when that Milan team was in its prime. Italian football from my memory have never been quick.

Van Basten was shit hot though and Gullit was the complete footballer. Yet I still reckon that United team from 2008 would have beaten the 80's early 90's Milan team. I have not even mentioned Gary Neville or Evra yet either. As much as I hate United, that was a quality team.

While the Italian game was never quick (although I would maintain it has got quicker over recent years) it more than made up for this in my view by the increased footballing intelligence and tactical awareness.  I think those attirbutes would be just as important now at they were 20 years ago.  If your opposition cant get the ball then there pace is greatly nullified. If that Man Utd team were one of the greats they would have proven it in Europe and I don't count a fluky penalty shoot out championship as proof.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Mate the AFC Wimbledon and FC United situation is totally different. Wimbledon had their team stolen. FC United are a bunch of thuggish mard arses. First sign of any bother and they fucked off to set up their own team. All they do is cause trouble everywhere they go and sing anti City songs. I would not piss on them if they were on fire. The point of having a team is you stick by them through thick and thin. City have gone through far more thin than thick over the years. You did not see City fans fucking off. 

No time for FC United fans and I will raise a glass when they go bump.

I have to disagree about sticking with a team through thick and thin.  One of the most powerful statements a fan can make is by making the choice not to attend a game.  Its not always a sign of a fairweather fans, it is at times a protest at the way a club is run.  I know the Chester fans had to do it to let the old team (under dodgy owners fail) and a new one to rise.

Its funny how you build up an idea in your head of what a player is like based on watching them play and the odd interview.  I had always thought of Johnson as one of the good guys.  If I find in a few years that James Milner is a gangland boss, I will really start to worry about my judgment! In a related case Ched Evans appeal is due to take place this month.

6 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Crazy results tonight. Didn't see Arsenal, Spurs and City all losing.

Stoke beating our lot completely expected.

Its a good day for the bookies.  4th place is now up for grabs as well which makes the season even more interesting.  I watched the spurs game and they had no cutting edge at all. They don't look like they have as many goals in them as Leicester, but you wonder if Leicesters defence will continue to hold out.

I'm fearing the worst for your lot now, I spent the season thinking you would have the quality to get out of it, but now starting to have my doubts. Maybe a failed championship manager wasn't the best choice!

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm fearing the worst for your lot now, I spent the season thinking you would have the quality to get out of it, but now starting to have my doubts. Maybe a failed championship manager wasn't the best choice!

The Swansea win hurt us more than our loss IMO. Basically makes it 2 from 3 to go down. I still feel we have more quality than Norwich/Sunderland, but it's completely level on points and we need to perform. 2nd worst away record in the league after Villa, with as few goals scored away.

Next 4 games Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland, Norwich. Need 8/9 points from them really. Leicester away will be incredibly tough but the other 3 are much more winnable. Huge month ahead.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

The Swansea win hurt us more than our loss IMO. Basically makes it 2 from 3 to go down. I still feel we have more quality than Norwich/Sunderland, but it's completely level on points and we need to perform. 2nd worst away record in the league after Villa, with as few goals scored away.

Next 4 games Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland, Norwich. Need 8/9 points from them really. Leicester away will be incredibly tough but the other 3 are much more winnable. Huge month ahead.

Alladyce V McLaren in a relegation scrap, I know where I would put my money!

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Can't see another win coming, McClaren is too negative.

15 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Amazing to think Leicester draw with West Brom and still stretch their lead at the top!

btw you're welcome Utd. ;) Manchester teams now level on points.  Leicester haven't

Will be funny if pep comes in to join city without champions league football! Leicester have extended their lead slightly and the big thing is its one less game to play.  If your a Leicester fan you just wants the games to run out. I still think Spurs have a good chance, West Ham away is a tough game and a draw would have been a great result/

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Can't see another win coming, McClaren is too negative.

Nah, he's a pretty mediocre manager but it's not entirely his fault, bad signings, poor fit, injuries, still lacking defenders.

Edited by kaosmark2

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Nah, he's a pretty mediocre manager but it's not entirely his fault, bad signings, poor fit, injuries, still lacking defenders.

Car and Charnley too then, they all need a performance review. I say go for broke and get Rodgers in, anything would be better than it is, we are limping out of the league. We had a chance to move away from all this and they hired a sacked Championship manager.

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Car and Charnley too then, they all need a performance review. I say go for broke and get Rodgers in, anything would be better than it is, we are limping out of the league. We had a chance to move away from all this and they hired a sacked Championship manager.

I'm sceptical about how good Rodgers is, but yeah he's definitely better than the wally with a brolly.

An hour and half stuck on the M60, to only move 2 junctions. Got there 15 minutes late. Had to throw the car in space where it was permits only. Then had to watch an absolutely abject performance where we fell to pieces after Hart messed up for the 1st. Otamendi really is crap.

Left on 82 minutes to find I had been given a ticket. Then my tin can of a car was getting chucked across the M62 by the wind.

So £52 on a ticket, £35 parking fine, stuck on the motorway not moving for god knows how long and then get absolutely tonked.

Positives are that I got home in 1 piece and I found a Clash greatest hits double cd in the boot which gave me lots of enjoyment on the way home :-)

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

plus the two he's already pleaded guilty to, of course.

My comment was more about the use of the words 'got off' than anything else, cos they suggest something a bit more shady than due process .... but they're also words I might use too because it's hardly unusual terminology, so I'm making a mental note to not use them unless I'm suggesting something shady.

Anyway, yep, he's guilty as charged, tho there's nothing to really suggest the word you chucked in early of 'paedo', and much more to suggest just another case of a stupid man using his dick for his brains - which plenty of us might have done to some extent i'm sure, tho not perhaps in the same manner.

hmm. he knew she was 15 before he kissed and fingered her. and very much wanted to do more. it was all very premediated. id say he was just thinking with his penis would be very much an understatement imo.

Edited by zahidf

20 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm not convinced Rodgers would take it.

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

An hour and half stuck on the M60, to only move 2 junctions. Got there 15 minutes late. Had to throw the car in space where it was permits only. Then had to watch an absolutely abject performance where we fell to pieces after Hart messed up for the 1st. Otamendi really is crap.

Left on 82 minutes to find I had been given a ticket. Then my tin can of a car was getting chucked across the M62 by the wind.

So £52 on a ticket, £35 parking fine, stuck on the motorway not moving for god knows how long and then get absolutely tonked.

At least u have your Wembley memories....

People are talking about the Manchester clubs being level on points, but City's game in hand is against Newcastle. 

As a United fan, I'm as interested in being 4 points off Arsenal who play Spurs this weekend. We've got West Brom away which, while they're usually set up quite well, is a win-able game. 

I'm not expecting us to get top 4 but to still be in and around it, is quite laughable considering how bad we've been. 

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

So as usual we were all wrong.

yep ... I reckon the last thing anyone was thinking when Leicester dropped points the other night was that them dropping points would increase their lead at the top.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the Arsenal game - and they were looking good for a win - and then switched over the Liverpool/City game ... which was great to watch, tho despite the dominance Liverpool had (city were poor) the scoreline flattered them hugely, as Hart let in two I'd have thought he'd have got far closer to, and there weren't many attempts by Liverpool on goal.