Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Hargreaves was a solid player in his position, but far from being a fantastic player. He is one of those players that initially is underrated which results in him then becoming overrated.

Very true, also being the only half-decent player during a World Cup campaign will make you look better than you are.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

eh? he barely kicked a ball at Utd, you can't count him. :lol:

The season they won the champs league he played pretty much all the time. I did not even mention Ryan Giggs as he started from the bench in the final I think. He would have walked into that Milan team.

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Van Basten and Papin played together briefly too. That would've been unbelievable if it lasted. Van Basten was one of the first to average a goal a game over his entire career, when he was fit obviously. He played injured a lot.

Also, that Milan defence being slow is a myth. Baresi was lightning quick, as was Maldini.

None of them were as quick as Ronaldo though. Football in general was not as quick when that Milan team was in its prime. Italian football from my memory have never been quick.

Van Basten was shit hot though and Gullit was the complete footballer. Yet I still reckon that United team from 2008 would have beaten the 80's early 90's Milan team. I have not even mentioned Gary Neville or Evra yet either. As much as I hate United, that was a quality team.

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

As much as I hate United, that was a quality team.

As much as I love Utd, it was a quality team but I disagree. They weren't as good as that Milan team. That Milan team went 58 games unbeaten, won 5 leagues in 8 years, 3 Champions Leagues in the same period, lost another two. They were in 5 CL finals out of 7.

Although if it weren't for Barca Utd probably would've done similar.

Anyway, apples and oranges. 

And yes Spurs to go top later. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

As much as I love Utd, it was a quality team but I disagree. They weren't as good as that Milan team. That Milan team went 58 games unbeaten, won 5 leagues in 8 years, 3 Champions Leagues in the same period, lost another two. They were in 5 CL finals out of 7.

Although if it weren't for Barca Utd probably would've done similar.

Anyway, apples and oranges. 

And yes Spurs to go top later. 

You a United fan then mate?

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Why used to be??

Sort of lost interest in Italian footie. Much like the Italians! Still have a soft spot for them. So still a fan I suppose.

Good stuff, should be fun anyway with the derby coming up :-)

Err yeah. Really feeling confident about it.......

For all the LVG love ins last week, next 8 games - Watford, West Brom, Liverpool, West Ham, Liverpool, City, Everton, Tottenham. Could be out of two cups and the Champo places in 2 1/2 weeks!

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Sort of lost interest in Italian footie. Much like the Italians! Still have a soft spot for them. So still a fan I suppose.

I have a soft spot for the italians but it is more to do with their plinky plonk paino house music :-)

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Think the Italian interest is still there it's more a lack of funds. 

Given the average wage, the economy in Italy, and the quality on offer, the ticket prices are ridiculously high for Serie A games. 

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Think the Italian interest is still there it's more a lack of funds. 

Given the average wage, the economy in Italy, and the quality on offer, the ticket prices are ridiculously high for Serie A games. 

The violence outside the grounds became a huge issue in Italy. Fans getting shot before cup finals, stabbed before the Rome derby, policemen getting stabbed etc. Not something to bring to kids to! 

But yeah agree with you.

Edited by The Nal

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

found guilty on the other charge. so no guilty on one, guilty on the other

plus the two he's already pleaded guilty to, of course.

My comment was more about the use of the words 'got off' than anything else, cos they suggest something a bit more shady than due process .... but they're also words I might use too because it's hardly unusual terminology, so I'm making a mental note to not use them unless I'm suggesting something shady.

Anyway, yep, he's guilty as charged, tho there's nothing to really suggest the word you chucked in early of 'paedo', and much more to suggest just another case of a stupid man using his dick for his brains - which plenty of us might have done to some extent i'm sure, tho not perhaps in the same manner.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I know - just fishing (says the Liverpool fan from Yorkshire (no need to reply about last week)).

I am not interested in where people come from in regards to which team they support. You pick your team for whatever reason and you stick with them through thick and thin.

I have more respect for the likes of Nal and yourself than I do for all the idiots from Manchester who spat their dummy out and fucked off to form FC United.

By rights I should probably be a rag. I come from and still live in a place called Newton Heath which is where United come from (hence eastynh), all my mates support United and my dad is also a rag. Luckily I must have been blessed with great foresight to choose City as a 6 year old. You can not imagine the shit I had to take for 25 years while City were crap and United swept everything before hand. Now the tables have turned it is utterly fantastic :-)

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, but I think it's the law in Ireland that you have to support a team from the north east that plays in red, and he doesn't fancy the other option. :P

I thought they all supported Liverpool or United over there??

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I know - just fishing (says the Liverpool fan from Yorkshire (no need to reply about last week)).

What do you think tonight? We need to win more tonight than at the weekend. I am just waiting for the traffic to die down on the M62 and going to drive over. 

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I disagree with you about the FC united lot. Far more respect for them than the rest of them who just bought Norwich scarves instead. Got a lot of time for AFC wimbledon and FC united in an idealistic kind way

Mate the AFC Wimbledon and FC United situation is totally different. Wimbledon had their team stolen. FC United are a bunch of thuggish mard arses. First sign of any bother and they fucked off to set up their own team. All they do is cause trouble everywhere they go and sing anti City songs. I would not piss on them if they were on fire. The point of having a team is you stick by them through thick and thin. City have gone through far more thin than thick over the years. You did not see City fans fucking off. 

No time for FC United fans and I will raise a glass when they go bump.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I wasn't meaning to compare the situations. I meant the stand against Glazers taking the money etc. I had no idea they were supposed to be the hooligan type of fan. If that is true then fair enough. 

Just google FC United violence or hooliganism. The list is endless. Horrible bastards. They have a new ground which is about 2 miles away from my house. The council subsidised it while shutting down local gyms, swimming baths and god knows what other services have been cut. I do not know one person round here who goes or who has the time of day for them. They tried to build the new ground in Newton Heath, thankfully City put a stop to that as the Etihad is 2 miles away from my house the other way. 

Some idiot thought it would be good to put a new stadium full of bitter ex rags a mile away from the Etihad. Thankfully City said no chance.

Edited by eastynh