Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the size of them matters. They're up and running as a live band, Foos' fee will be avaliable, and Damon's a friend of the festival.

The issue would be whether they'd rather just bump Flo (which is what I expect would happen, and would be fair enough). I think Blur would be more likely to agree to stand in than most headline-sized acts, even ones smaller than them.

I don't think Blur would jump at the chance. They performed six years ago and knocked it out of the park so to drop in without much time to add many touches and still try to top it, doesn't really sound that great a deal for them. They probably already knocked Glastonbury back a couple of months ago. Damon stepped in with Gorillaz but that was his opportunity to have Gorillaz headline Glastonbury, and he had a month longer to prepare.

I don't think Blur would jump at the chance. They performed six years ago and knocked it out of the park so to drop in without much time to add many touches and still try to top it, doesn't really sound that great a deal for them. They probably already knocked Glastonbury back a couple of months ago. Damon stepped in with Gorillaz but that was his opportunity to have Gorillaz headline Glastonbury, and he had a month longer to prepare.

I also don't think they'd jump at the chance. Not sure why I included those reasons why they might, because they didn't add anything to my point.

I find it hard to believe Damon and his ego could turn it down. Not a dig at him, just sort of goes with the territory for lead singers.

We've just been sitting in bed coming up with a list of who is actively touring in the UK at the moment, headliner level and free on the Friday - and thus could replace Foos last minute.

We came up with Blur, ACDC, Taylor Swift, Kylie and Elton John.

There are options!!

Are people really suggesting Florence would turn down headlining the world's biggest festival? Let's face she hasn't headlined any major uk festival yet and nor will she until she gets a break* like this.

*pardon the pun Dave.

I reckon she's probably already turned it down a few months ago. 

Well... it could be that it is true and he is the only one thick enough to blab about it on social media when it's obviously being kept under wraps.

I suspect that could be true. I'd say it's more likely that those involved in working for the event would be informed of its cancellation before the public (and told to keep it to themselves before an official announcement) than the scenario that they'd find out they weren't working through a media press release. It just seems more respectful that way.

That said, I can't imagine there'd be much of a gap between an internal announcement and a public one. Perhaps they're delaying to schedule alternative dates now, to announce at the same time? Who knows. It must be frustrating for Foo fans here, though. Especially if you have a Wembley ticket. I hope you're not kept waiting longer than tomorrow.

Edited by kalifire

We've just been sitting in bed coming up with a list of who is actively touring in the UK at the moment, headliner level and free on the Friday - and thus could replace Foos last minute.

There are options!!

Don't forget the acts with gigs that night that they could cancel! Muse have one.

There are options!!

With only Blur being realistic given the demands of the rest of them - monetary, staging etc. with the limited time until the fest. And I don't think Blur will want to do it. 

I think Flo being bumped is the realistic solution. 

Blur's current show is completely different to 2009, and is arguably better. I was against them headlining again until I seen them last week...

I never got to see them before, even though I've loved them since the 90s.

I've looked at setlists from now and 6 years ago. I love the new album. I still think 2009 Blur had a better show.

With only Blur being realistic given the demands of the rest of them - monetary, staging etc. with the limited time until the fest. And I don't think Blur will want to do it. 

I think Flo being bumped is the realistic solution.

I doubt Kylie's staging and monetary demands outdo Blur's tbh. Though that isn't to say I think she'd do it, or even be asked. Edited by Zac Quinn

Jaysis, torn between an energetic full on Foo's show and not seeing them at all. I didn't bother getting tickets to go and see them at Slane (which was a wash out weather wise) on the basis they were announced for Glasto. 

Was hoping for Blur but they got announced for Electric Picnic so seeing them there and so is Flo. 

Not sure if tempting fate with the ticket gods by hoping they just return next year after hoping they would be announced last year. 

This year has been rough with the headliners. 

Only thing that can make me feel better is the purple one getting his funk on and knocking it out of the park and Foo's returning next year to do the same. 

I never got to see them before, even though I've loved them since the 90s.

I've looked at setlists from now and 6 years ago. I love the new album. I still think 2009 Blur had a better show.

I suppose if you havent seen em before but the new setlist is a breathe of fresh air plus some random oldies thrown in

I think you've cracked it, actually. Catfish and the Bottlemen to save Glastonbury like they saved music.

CATBM saved my life. I hit rock bottom, I was close to ending it all but then they came on the radio and everything in my life instantly seemed a lot brighter. It was at that moment I realised that no matter how bad my life ends up I'm never going to be as bad as one of those c**ts and if they have the audacity to waste precious air then why should I stop my supply of it?