Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair though, I don't think the average person goes to see him run about, hearing him sing and play guitar is more important.

Im torn between the idea of him sitting down and doing the show and them rescheduling for next year. The amount of flags i will have in front of me will probably mean i wont see the bloody stage anyway.

To be fair though, I don't think the average person goes to see him run about, hearing him sing and play guitar is more important.

this is true but there's something rather off/odd about the idea of a guy belting out those songs and shredding away whilst sat down. it won't matter at all of course, but it'll just look wrong

this is true but there's something rather off/odd about the idea of a guy belting out those songs and shredding away whilst sat down. it won't matter at all of course, but it'll just look wrong

Spot on.

Don't think they'll play.

Unfortunately the smaller stages will now be even more rammed. I need a decent spot for SFA and I'm getting a bit worried now.

SO wot are the chances ov the foos canceling glasto ????

and if they did which i personally wouldnt mind as grohl really wont be the same . he cant be so the show wont be as good ..WHO do you reckon could take there place ...

any one of the IOW headliners maybe.....

the prodigy are down here ???

what do you think old sons

Spot on.

Don't think they'll play.

Unfortunately the smaller stages will now be even more rammed. I need a decent spot for SFA and I'm getting a bit worried now.

I'm going to go for your theory as if they do it'll be a bonus. For the only time they will ever headline it we'd presume, I don't see them at all being a band to return 6 years down the line to do it again, I think they'll want to do it properly and not remember Glastonbury as the gig they couldn't go mad. They've done MK and Wembley before, there is nothing special about them bar the money and although it's a big loss, it's not like they're reforming for a pay out.

If Wembley/Glastonbury do go ahead (with Dave sitting down), I think there is a good chance that he will ask a load of his 'friends' to come and help out (Jimmy Page, Brian May, Paul McCartney, Lemmy etc).

I think Foo Fighters would still be capable of pulling off a good set, but I agree that the energy and hype he generates by running around and rocking out plays an important role in why their live performances are so well regarded.

If Wembley/Glastonbury do go ahead (with Dave sitting down), I think there is a good chance that he will ask a load of his 'friends' to come and help out (Jimmy Page, Brian May, Paul McCartney, Lemmy etc).

I think Foo Fighters would still be capable of pulling off a good set, but I agree that the energy and hype he generates by running around and rocking out plays an important role in why their live performances are so well regarded.

I think he would've had a hand full of them anyway. I personally don't think he'll do a non energetic Glasto show that will be aired on TV just to cash it at Wembley. He seems very much like the man who does it and does it properly.

Could be and I say COULD BE, the 1st time at least anytime in forever if they are indeed booked for R&L next year than Glasto and R&L share a header next year. Be a U2 where they are announced last so R&L can sell.

Edited by thewayiam

honestly, what's more important? only being able to give 80% at a few shows, or letting down tons and tons of fans (including costing a fair few of them a lot of money for their travel/accommodation for the Wembley shows). obviously they'd much rather give their all, but it just hasn't panned out that way. saying 'sorry maybe see you next year' when they're fully capable of playing the show just isn't really good enough, is it?

thing is he gives his all and thats what makes a foos show ...the enegy... i just cant see a foos show with G sitting down ..if he does fair play but im hoping they cant step down let flo headline and get the foos back next year..

honestly, what's more important? only being able to give 80% at a few shows, or letting down tons and tons of fans (including costing a fair few of them a lot of money for their travel/accommodation for the Wembley shows). obviously they'd much rather give their all, but it just hasn't panned out that way. saying 'sorry maybe see you next year' when they're fully capable of playing the show just isn't really good enough, is it?

Is it not feasible that a statement could be released and them book up Wembley/Murrayfield again way in advance and stipulate that those with tickets will remain valid for the shows. It'll be know that Glasto will be re-booked but will be held off. They then come back later in the year for R&L, T and IOW booking them was unlikely next year anyway. Just an idea like.