What annoys you the most at Glastonbury?

badger80

What annoys you most at Glasto?  

455 members have voted

1. 1. What gets your goat the most

I think everyone is going a bit over the top about weeing. if you need to wee you need to wee, are you telling me after a few drinks most people would wee themselves rather thank wee on the land? Don't get me wrong I don't and wouldn't go out of my way to wee on the land but being at a festival and consuming quite a few drinks... If it was a choice of wetting myself or weeing in a hedge, I'd wee in the hedge.

Bear Grylls says it's ok to drink your wee up to three times before it becomes dangerous so I think in reality it's not the end of the world if the alternative is pissing your pants.

Fuck me, I bet you're still haunted by your primary and secondary school years.

I'm picturing a Hitchcockian film scene:

- Close up on eyeball / iris, yellow in colour.

- Yellow of eyeball bleeds outwards in all directions, not quite concentrically.

- Fade / cut to shot from directly above of you sat in a wendy house in Primary School, a puddle of piss expanding outwards from your weak bladdered epicentre.

- Cue bloodcurdling scream of:

"BUT MISS, I DIDN'T NEEEEEEEED TO GO AT BREAKTIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!"

Fin.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well the best thing for the land would be to not have the festival in the first place then, if that's what we are all worried about?

Obviously, but in order to find a compromise between desire & freedom and respect & responsibility we have a festival where the infrastructure is in place to minimise the impact on the environment if everybody does their bit.

All you are asked to do is pee in one of the many toilets and not litter and your reward is the one of the best playgrounds of the summer. It's up to you but the reality is the biggest threat to the festival is the local impact it has

Well it's good to know that everyone here has only ever pissed In a toilet.

What point are you trying to prove here? Because some people have pissed in a hedge in the past, despite how we know polution threatens the festival's existance, it's acceptable to piss on the floor if you can't be arsed heading to a toilet in time?

It's now been almost a page since Northern-Monkey's last aggressive mind fart.

Have we by now received the final shartmark in the gusset of the undercrackers of his pretend opinions?

Folks. It's been emotional.

Sorry fella, I have a life too which doesn't need me to text n piss sitting down so the man doesn't catch you!

Still at least you think you're winning on the internet eh?

Sorry fella, I have a life too which doesn't need me to text n piss sitting down so the man doesn't catch you!

Where you work, you're The Man. What do you do if someone is spending a load of time on the Internet?

Which makes me wish I had answered this bit earlier

I'm a firm believer of never saying anything on a board that I wouldn't say to someone's face especially a total stranger who I could well bump into at some point, so are you willing to call me a cretin face to face or is it just the keyboard that gives you the sense of freedom to do so?

So much easier to be a cheeky monkey and get away with what you say when you're over 6' and built like a brick shithouse though

A lot of what you've been saying would have been slapped out of you in real life otherwise I suspect. But do carry on.

this. Northern, if you're going to stereotype young women, you need to apply the same code to men, who do look very similar in low belted jeans showing 5" of backside, canvas espadrilles, gleaming teeth, cheekie hat etc. It's only middle aged men who go for shorts and t shirts. Come and tell us all off.

You're a bit late to the party, already been done.

Which makes me wish I had answered this bit earlierSo much easier to be a cheeky monkey and get away with what you say when you're over 6' and built like a brick shithouse thoughA lot of what you've been saying would have been slapped out of you in real life otherwise I suspect. But do carry on.

Ha! Sorry mate but I was a late developer n even when I was a scrawny little shit I stood up to bully's n took the inevitable arse kicking!

Where you work, you're The Man. What do you do if someone is spending a load of time on the Internet?

Me? Nothing. The travel, wait, work balance we do is ridiculous, in 8 hours the actual work time is usually less than 3 hours so there's plenty of time like my posting suggests. I believe in work to live not live to work n as long as the work gets done who gives a shit in the mean time?

I love you, Yog.

You will be sorely missed this year.

You and your stoically / heroically urine stained jeans.

x

Peace and love to you too Woffy.

I'll really miss the opportunity to hook up with you lot this year. The efstivals meet up is definitely a good way to light the blue touch paper and forget to stand well back.

As to my jeans - you really should see what I wear nowadays. To say that they are a disgrace to fashion is a major understatement of no insignificant proportion. That said, they really are up there for absorbing piss. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

You know who grinds my gears...

People who wear back packs in crowd and have no concept of where it is in relation to the rest of the world. Sacking people and drinks all over the show. Just take it off your back when in a crowd and carry it in front of you.

Hate people who do this on public transport also. Probably the same people.

Yep the combination of a massive ruck sack and a complete lack of spatial awareness annoys intensely......WTF are in those bags exactly?

Edited by Uh-Oh!

Anyone mentioned posh 6th form It girls in hunter wellies,batty riders and daisy chains being like so down with this hippy festival thing yet?

Not allowed, girl fashion choices appear sacrosanct. No potentially sexist shirts though

Haha! Cute.

Your second sentence wasn't really a genuine question and thus kinda undermined itself. Which is odd but interesting in a way.

I know, I don't condone actively not using the toilet, if there is a toilet then of course use it, but with 150k people all drinking day and night it's going to happen isn't it? Incidentally were do the Cows piss when they are in the fields, presumably not the long drops?

I know, I don't condone actively not using the toilet, if there is a toilet then of course use it, but with 150k people all drinking day and night it's going to happen isn't it? Incidentally were do the Cows piss when they are in the fields, presumably not the long drops?

Theres not 200k+ cows drinking all day pissing in the fields though. There is no problem with one person going for a piss in a field on a normal day, the issue is that the watercourses are tested at Glastonbury and its a condition of the licence that they don't pollute them. If everyone start pissing in a bush then there is no festival next year, so use a toilet.

So clearly one of the things which has changed over the years is some folks attitude to whether pissing in hedges is acceptable.

I'll give you a clue, it's still not!

"The world-famous Glastonbury Festival has been fined £10,000 for polluting a river with sewage"

“Urine in the river is a problem"

http://www.edie.net/news/0/Glastonbury-Festival-fined-for-polluting-river/6806/

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/about/youve-saved-the-festival-now-green-up-your-act

Brilliant piss/stupid people story.

I was sat down on the floor in between acts. A couple wonder pass, he stood on my leg. I yelped, he was very apologetic although had clearly taken a lot of something. No harm done - I had been in the way. But then the girl looked down at me & said 'Just tell her to fuck off'. She was so rude!

I left it - not one for an argument but was quite irritated by her rudeness, especially as they then stood right in our way for the whole gig. Half way through the concert we heard a commotion as the couple fell out big style. I looked over. He had pissed in a cup then was so off his face that he started dancing with it in his hands and poured to down her welly.

I love Karma! I smiled a lot!