most annoying camping neighbour

neil999

Had every kind of neighbours over the years but once that sticks in my mind was a group of about 6 women who were right pleasant and all that, but one of them spent a hell of a lot of time pleasuring herself. Quite noisily. Me and my mates started off listening intently and thinking it was great. After about the tenth time it was just strange.

She had several bangles on her right hand and the sound of them clattering together was what alerted us at first. Then the heavy breathing. And so on.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how close you get to people in large queues I suspect

Fortunately never had a large queue of people around my tent so that's never been a worry!

Our most annoying camping neighbours were in 2013, a group of lads who came back to the campsite loudly and very drunk at about 5am on the Thursday morning, and started playing Wonderwall on a guitar and singing along.

That being said after about 20 people simultaneously yelled at them to shut the fuck up from various different tents, they did quieten down very quickly and they were very sheepish the next morning. :lol:

Last year my neighbours had a Christmas party with decorations, secret santa and all the shit. That was really weird.

They weren't really annoying apart from the days they decided to have all night long parties. What's the point on going to glasto if you're gonna have a "house party" every night? plus good part of them spent the entire day drinking in front of their tent.

I felt safe at least.

It was an immense group and they said they've been to Glastonbury for the last 10 years or so and its the only time of the year they get to see each other. Not my way to enjoy the festival with friends i barely see, but it's a quite nice story to be honest

LOL I know who this lot are, they used to post on here and are collectivly known as (if im permited to say that)

They intend to have another Xmas party this year.

I'm excited to go to Glastonbury as im expecting older ages away from the GCSE results day kids that go to Reading festival. although in 2014 a guy camped near to us and sat down for a chat, his arms where all shot up probably from heroin. Later that year i saw a picture of him on the VICE website about UK festivals.

here he is...

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-17%20at%2011.59.

I think I've seen him before, his name is Peewee.

Reading this were still miles fairer than most of the world, although most systems are insanely religious or very traditional. There isn't a better solution.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_of_inheritance_among_various_peoples

Interesting read.

I just have a problem in this country with inheritance tax being the suppossed answer to creating equality as oppossed to say a more progressive income tax, business tax etc. At present people who want a higher percentage (if not 100%) inhetitance tax haven't really convinced me of their argument. For example if I was rich and had a child I would be allowed to give that child heaps of money throughout his / her life but can't just save giving them the same amount of money that would tally to on my death instead. Doesn't add up.

Edited to say - sorry about going off topic with this one.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I'm excited to go to Glastonbury as im expecting older ages away from the GCSE results day kids that go to Reading festival. although in 2014 a guy camped near to us and sat down for a chat, his arms where all shot up probably from heroin. Later that year i saw a picture of him on the VICE website about UK festivals.

here he is...

He should be ashamed of himself - just look at those multi coloured wellies he's wearing.

2013?

Possibly. Big Ground, about halfway up. Why? Was it you? :D

With nudity in mind... I'm a naturist and camp nude at the festival. I camp in Bushy Ground now but have camped all over the site over the years. No ones ever complained and are always friendly but I'm just wondering, is my nudin up actually annoying!?!

Surely no-one would find naturism annoying? I mean, yes there are the fuddy-duddies who try to say it's 'rude' or 'weird' or will spoil the innocence of children, but they're the annoying ones!

Never had any really annoying neighbours. Actually, met some great people that have been called nearby.

A couple come to mind, though. Latitude a couple of years ago, a gang got back to their tents and sang a verse of a sea shanty. Just the one verse. Time and time again. Probably for 90mins. Gah.

Glastonbury last year, we had a party crew near us. Absolutely great bunch, but one woman has a laugh which the Wicked Witch of the West would have been proud of. Nails down a blackboard. And she laughed a lot.

Last year my neighbours had a Christmas party with decorations, secret santa and all the shit. That was really weird.

They weren't really annoying apart from the days they decided to have all night long parties. What's the point on going to glasto if you're gonna have a "house party" every night? plus good part of them spent the entire day drinking in front of their tent.

I felt safe at least.

It was an immense group and they said they've been to Glastonbury for the last 10 years or so and its the only time of the year they get to see each other. Not my way to enjoy the festival with friends i barely see, but it's a quite nice story to be honest

That'll be the lot. Pennards?

Most of them originally met on here.

C a m p T r I a n g l e that should read!

Should read Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies and if you must do The beach I suspect in order to get an understanding of them. As I understand it it was formed as a group for people flying solo at Glastonbury who decided to meet up as a group but eventually started to take a dislike to newcomers flying solo at Glastonbury trying to join them. Maybe I'm wrong, so would welcome information stating otherwise.

We had a group of girls that didn't seem to remember what festival they were at. One girl would sing Killswitch Engage songs all night long and at about 5 AM on the sunday morning we were all woken by her friend screaming "OHHHH SHE'S PISSING, NO MEGAN, NOT THERE! WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN!' - we didn't really want to know what was going on!

I admire the Killswitch Engage bit!! Fucking adore the band! I'd have definitely got full on involved! Quite an obscure choice for Glastonbury as well.

With regards to the pissing bit, the less you know the better IMO.

Should read Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies and if you must do The beach I suspect in order to get an understanding of them. As I understand it it was formed as a group for people flying solo at Glastonbury who decided to meet up as a group but eventually started to take a dislike to newcomers flying solo at Glastonbury trying to join them. Maybe I'm wrong, so would welcome information stating otherwise.

Nail meet head.

Started as a bunch of us, long-term eFesters, camping together in Pennards. Some of us had already met at various eFests meets or the Cider Bus.

Over the next few years the number of folk grew & grew & certain people love a good power trip ( a clipboard at a festival?!?!!!!) & the rest is history.

2013 Leeds festival a guy behind us pulled on the last night and was up banging away till the early hours of the morning, that was the stormy year we had and by that point I wouldn't have even been able to raise a smile let alone anything else, so he was annoying for keeping everyone awake all night and also for for his stamina lol

Mind you the convo they were having coming back from the toilet was worth keeping awake for lol

The people near us kept singing two lines from an R Kelly song. Just two lines, over and over and over...

In case you're interested:

My minds telling me no, but my body, my body's telling me yeeeEEEeeeEeeeesss

Sounds OK to me.

I don't see nothing wrong with a little Bump N Grind.

I think I've seen him before, his name is Peewee.

Told us his name was lee and was had organised an event for lone campers to camp with eachother. nice guy apart from the heroin ha

There were a group of lads constantly singing with a guitar in 2010, very annoying.

Someone in the tent next to us (who we had spoken to) went over to them and asked if he could play a song, they agreed, so he started playing "leader of the gang" by gary glitter. At that point a few people joined in from the surrounding tents especially "COME ON COME ON".. it finished, a few claps etc and then a woman came over to us all with a face like thunder.

"I have a child here you know!!!"

I'm not sure if she thought our singing would summon Paul Gadd to come riding over the hill like Gandalf in LOTR, but she was deeply offended.

It broke the ice with the singers and we asked if they could give it a rest for a bit.

Quality tail :) Good example of how to deal with things in the right spirit.

Myself I've never been bothered about campsite noise at night, but that's clearly an issue for many. Personally I love the anarchy and randomness of people's night time noise as much as anything at the festival, it's great to find yourself grinning as you are nodding off to some craziness you can hear going on nearby.

here he is...

Peewee? I thought it was Tracy Emin for a split second.

They're not neighbours but I'm originally from a small town by Liverpool, pretty close to Manchester too. I've got some Scouse mates BUT the Scouse scalls who wear Hugo boss and fishing hats who over took beat hotel last year were annoying... They don't even look like they're having fun!

Edited by Drfoxxx

here he is...

Quality tail :)

that's not a tail :mosking: