Glastocam!

pauladam

Feel like the JP tent should be up, it's massive and non-existent currently!

By all accounts the tents are hired so no point putting them up early and incurring extra cost. It would add some colour to the landscape though.

Guess putting them up at the last minute also helps keep the grass inside fresh.

well it may do but the real reason when they are put up is down to what contracts they have - I know a guy who works with the the main tent hire company - tents are shipped in and stored - they then drive in the guys who erect them - its a major undertaken - I know where they store them and I cant see their camp has been set up yet so they look as if they are not sticking to the 2014 timetable - I am sure by next week most will be up and the workers are moved on to other parts of the Country { they never see any of the festival } - last year he was posting images to his FB page but so far no images have appeared.

WBC Setup Crew is now onsite - so Bars will be going up soon - getting them up is the easy part - its all the equipment - pumps/coolers etc etc that is the tricky part.

Will we be able to see any of the bars getting setup using the cam or are they all out of view?

WBC Setup Crew is now onsite - so Bars will be going up soon - getting them up is the easy part - its all the equipment - pumps/coolers etc etc that is the tricky part.

Hoping for excitement like the year Mandela went up, went down, turned around and went up again.

Hoping for excitement like the year Mandela went up, went down, turned around and went up again.

that was due to ' health and safety reasons ' - well that is what a GFL official told them - sounds a load of bollocks to me as it was only moved a few feet - some of these health and safety officers just pick on the smallest thing - a right waste of money - its been in the same spot for donkey years so I could not see what the problem was.

Will we be able to see any of the bars getting setup using the cam or are they all out of view?

well that cam needs a bloody good readjustment as its aimed too high
there will be some that can be spotted
Dreamtime will be clearly visible { the big bar next to the other stage }
for some daft health and safety reasons - Mandela is being pitched further up the hill so not sure if that cam will show the top of it - time will tell.
I can see some of the WBC Containers next to what will become our crew camp - they will be arriving every few hours - they are like a mobile B&Q - packed out with everything that anyone could possible need + all their BBQ system - although they claim they will be hard at it 24/7 I have seen the videos when they get back at night - its amazing they get everything ready in time but they do - not many people will know that no bar can start trading until weights and measures take samples from every MDU { the units that pour 12 pints at a time } - they take samples away with them and will report back although so far all the claims about the beer being watered down is complete bollocks - the WBC would never risk it even if it was even possible. All the optics are checked as well and they even take sample cups away - they are there for days all dressed up with their forensic gear on - a few times some bars could not open at the posted time due to their checks - they then may come back and do a few spot checks.

A lovely evening on the farm.................... looks so beautiful, it's just a real pity the forecasters have spoiled it.. come two weeks away :(

What's the two Red tent spires to the left ?