Glastocam!

pauladam

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Can anyone else work out what is going on with the Arcadia crew location?

I thought I had lost my usual camping spot 'behind the park' to it this year, but the webcam is showing its all in the same position as last year.... 😕 

The spider has definitely moved to the right and the bar has moved all the way to the back edge of the field. There's currently a load of marquees sitting between the spider and that bar though, which makes no sense. Could it be possible they will shift  some of them behind the park once most of the build is complete? Again, doesn't seem very logical. Maybe they decided behind the park doesn't work for them.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

No idea what’s happening in that field. They’ve plonked the spider right next to what appears to be crew facilities. 

Either they've put things in the wrong place or they have changed their mind about how much space they need....surely the field I usually camp in won't be used for the crowd when Arcadia fires up?

7 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

The spider has definitely moved to the right and the bar has moved all the way to the back edge of the field. There's currently a load of marquees sitting between the spider and that bar though, which makes no sense. Could it be possible they will shift  some of them behind the park once most of the build is complete? Again, doesn't seem very logical. Maybe they decided behind the park doesn't work for them.

The map gives the impression that the spider is completely freestanding.

image.png.9a7bc846f52cbc709a6452f6d7fa22b3.png

But the webcam suggests its the same setup as last year, with the DJ walkway heading into the backstage area, just the whole setup moved to the right.

22 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Think it says We Stand. It’s a gentle Glastonbury reminder for the chair and picnic blanket brigade.

I thought that!

But there’s more paint further up the field. I’m sure we will know soon enough 

edit: looks like “with …”, given they took in a refugee family I wonder if it’s “We Stand With Ukraine”?

Edited by Neville Street

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Either they've put things in the wrong place or they have changed their mind about how much space they need....surely the field I usually camp in won't be used for the crowd when Arcadia fires up?

This year

image.png.26d4d158c2518a812a76c52efad64504.png

Last year (21st June)

image.png.06ab064002d0175ed1462f84a3963a2e.png

2017 (20th June)

image.png.09aee9ea25c2cea520c961d3ae28ae31.png

The spider is definitely further right this year and they've move the bar right to the back where a lot of the Arcadia crew seemed to camp last year. I assume all the people camping in the spot the bar is this year will camp in the empty triangle? I'd keep an eye on the webcam to see if the current triangle bit fills up in next few days.

1 hour ago, andymk said:

This year

image.png.26d4d158c2518a812a76c52efad64504.png

Last year (21st June)

image.png.06ab064002d0175ed1462f84a3963a2e.png

2017 (20th June)

image.png.09aee9ea25c2cea520c961d3ae28ae31.png

The spider is definitely further right this year and they've move the bar right to the back where a lot of the Arcadia crew seemed to camp last year. I assume all the people camping in the spot the bar is this year will camp in the empty triangle? I'd keep an eye on the webcam to see if the current triangle bit fills up in next few days.

nice one cheers!

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

You're on a roll today with your posts. Cracking me up 🤣

Sorry, out of reactions, but thank you. I put it down to the rapidly rising Glastonbury excitement. I can already feel that vibe starting. To think.... this time next week I’ll be (checks Clashfinder) watching Lightning Seeds at the Other. Can in hand, sun shining, without a care in the world. Can’t wait.

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Sorry, out of reactions, but thank you. I put it down to the rapidly rising Glastonbury excitement. I can already feel that vibe starting. To think.... this time next week I’ll be (checks Clashfinder) watching Lightning Seeds at the Other. Can in hand, sun shining, without a care in the world. Can’t wait.

I'll be at Billy Nomates