Glastocam!

pauladam

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Good spot!  Definitely bigger - taller and also seems a lot deeper.  Also notice the screen supports have 3 supports now so maybe bigger screens as well?

Deeper, not wider... 

Looks like it's still the TZ roof, but with 6 towers instead of 4. 

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Deeper, not wider... 

Looks like it's still the TZ roof, but with 6 towers instead of 4. 

Yep - the angle of the pic makes it look at first like the whole stage is a lot wider but the roof is clearly the same width as previous.  It is quite a bit deeper though and also seems a bit taller as well.  Definitely a significantly bigger stage.

Edited by circus92

24 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Yep - the angle of the pic makes it look at first like the whole stage is a lot wider but the roof is clearly the same width as previous.  It is quite a bit deeper though and also seems a bit taller as well.  Definitely a significantly bigger stage.

Might allow a massive increase in hanging weight for more complex stages, also the deep stage might allow for a faster turnaround.

23 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Oh 100% deeper. The TZ system is advertised as being modular, with the possibility of 'any depth.' Last year's was 100% a four tower version, (says so in Serious Stage's case study.) And this looks to be a 6 tower variant. 

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

The new Other Stage is the Reading fest main stage it looks like to me

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/first-look-reading-festival-stage-24758180.amp

structure looks the same and the spacing of the stage supports

yep. probs get those jumbo screens then.. don't think they'd work on the Pyramid though 

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

The new Other Stage is the Reading fest main stage it looks like to me

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/first-look-reading-festival-stage-24758180.amp

structure looks the same and the spacing of the stage supports

That's got me excited now - really hoping that means they are bringing the huge wrapround screens.  Saw them in 2019 and they really are very impressive

Fuck, fuck, fuck.... Nothing gets me more excited for Glasto than the drop of the map, the start of the fence build and the Pyramid stage getting its party dress on. I thought I was coping well with missing out on tickets this year but clearly not.

Not going to lie, I am getting more and more jealous every day now of all you lucky golden ticket holders

Have fun everybody!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ah okay. But the structure does look like it's going to be like the Reading one. Can't wait to see Slowthai in his socks and boxers stretched out sixty feet high.

Was actually thinking of rocking up in a similar getup. Better hope there's not too many crowd shots.