Nando's

Wrigley The Troll

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite interested in the Nando's phenomenon. Obviously we all know it's average food so why so much love for it? Brilliant marketing or just lucky?

Cause it's the cheekiest chicken around

Who can remember the poster from years back.

He always said Reading was better than Glasto as you could leave the Reading site , wander into the town centre watch the football in a pub then go for a Nando's before heading back to see some bands ?

He used to get proper irate on these boards and I do miss him !

I'm quite interested in the Nando's phenomenon. Obviously we all know it's average food so why so much love for it? Brilliant marketing or just lucky?

Scarcity, perhaps? There are relatively few stores compared to most chains and a lot of those are clustered in big cities so a lot of people are likely to hear a load of bollocks about it from people visiting cities or going away for uni before actually going.

To be fair Nando's IS better than at least 1/3 of the food at Glastonbury.

This is true but the 1/3 of run of the mill burger vans might as well be invisible to me & most of the people I go with, why would you spend £5 on a shit burger when you can get something quality & tasty next door.

Much like what would be the point in the Nandos when you could get some beautiful, bbq'd jerk that you can't buy on any given high street.

Are their any decent chicken vendors at Glastonbury?

I vaguely remember a jerk chicken place in Shangri La a few years back, I know as it was all we talked about the next morning, but that's all changed down there now.

I tend to avoid chicken to avoid the risk of getting ill &/or the runs.