Headliners 2016

thewayiam

returners: Radiohead, Coldplay, ?, ? (going through the list of previous headliners, not a clue after those two. thought Blur and Muse but both seem unlikely imo. unless they've gone and done the unthinkable and got Bowie or something, or bagged the Oasis reformation)

new: Adele, ? (could be just about anybody)

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 said they wanted another go didn't they? And have a new album out soon? They're going in my prediction.

seems too soon to me for an act who's booking was especially huge. i think they've had there chance, at least for a good few years*

*although if they're willing to bring The Who back i guess they'd make the exception for U2 if they really wanted to do it. don't think it'll be them though

The only two new is the most interesting/boring part. Considering the possibilities of Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Adele, Elton John, Biffy Clyro, Foals, Madonna and Adele have all been talked about reasonably seriously.... it seems a little stale if in the next two years we only get two of those (without even considering bands in two years who might have been elevated to headliner status).

It specifies in the article that the returning headliners "have topped the bill before" rather than just playing the fest.

Radiohead, Coldplay, Bowie and Oasis as wild cards, Muse and Blur as boring predicables who don't seem likely because of album release dates etc (unless either of those are planning on doing a new album any time soon which seems unlikely)

Edited by FloorFiller

Radiohead, Coldplay, Bowie and Oasis as wild cards, Muse and Blur as boring predicables who don't seem likely because of album release dates etc (unless either of those are planning on doing a new album any time soon which seems unlikely)

When Coldplay is a wild card, you know you're in trouble.

Radiohead 'nailed on'? Blimey.

well, i say this as i look through the previous headliners and can't see any that i think the festival would go for over Radiohead. obviously it boils down to if they want to do it, but in terms of returning headliners, they seem like the obvious option over almost anybody else, unless the festival fancies giving Travis or Stereophonics another stab

Looks like Michael's realised everyone's bored of him saying next year's headliners are booked and has upped the ante.  I'll eat my hat* if this turns out to be accurate.

*Or perhaps a hat made of foodstuffs.

EDIT: The two posts above weren't there when I wrote that - great minds, etc.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin