Lineup

ahh fair enough. Didn't know about that! Might change it up a bit

It was on that Glasto Chat facebook page. I was expecting them to headline it that night anyway so that just adds to it. Seems like there's loads of options for JP this year but I doubt your prediction will be far off.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on that Glasto Chat facebook page. I was expecting them to headline it that night anyway so that just adds to it. Seems like there's loads of options for JP this year but I doubt your prediction will be far off.

Out of the lineup poster I found the majority of acts there to be Pyramid/JP type acts. I think a lot of the acts we'll get in this coming poster will mainly be on the Other, West Holts and Park stages. Out of the headliners I think there's a chance we might get a Park headliner too (along with Grace Jones on the West Holts), especially now that Belle & Sebastian are on the Other

Out of the lineup poster I found the majority of acts there to be Pyramid/JP type acts. I think a lot of the acts we'll get in this coming poster will mainly be on the Other, West Holts and Park stages. Out of the headliners I think there's a chance we might get a Park headliner too (along with Grace Jones on the West Holts), especially now that Belle & Sebastian are on the Other

Yeah I agree with that. I think Park is similar to JP in that there's lots of potential options for headliners (SFA, Flying Lotus, Caribou, FKA Twigs, Patti Smith etc) but you might be right about another headliner. We've probably got a lot of the middle of the day Park stuff to come though.

I reckon Future Islands will sub FFS that night.

Jim Fox, who's involved with the running of the JP tent (not sure exactly what), posted on facebook saying their Sunday headliner was a special way to end the festival and later on that FFS was the act he was looking forward to most, so given FFS are playing Sunday it's fairly safe to say they're headlining JP that night.

If it's Future Islands into FFS in the JP, my Sunday evening is highly likely to be spent in there.

NO WAY!

you leave that line-up alone...other than having to sacrifice SFA for the uber-party that will be Caribou into Hot Chip on West Holts on Friday, that configuration is bloody superb for me!

Ben

SFA Friday night in the Park?!? Where's this comd from? I might have a trouser accident if that's true.

I'm going to have to have a listen to ffs & Future Islands, never heard of either!

There's not loads of bands I (so far) want to see this year, but I'm fine with that because I always come away wishing I'd seen more of the festival, so I'm hoping to spend some time up in the craft fields & the circus!

Thanks for all the replies and opinions! I wish I could reply as quickly a lot of you did. When it comes to acts below the headliners I would liked to have seen some of these bigger/more established bands, as there are too many newer bands that I don't really know much about (obviously RB are still kinda new, but they're already very big) :-

Biffy Clyro

Stereophonics

Royal Blood

The Charlatans

Ocean Colour Scene

Manic Street Preachers

The Enemy

The Kaiser Chiefs

The Black Keys

Jake Bugg

Primal Scream

We're flying from Glasgow, so not keen to get a refund as we can't get a refund on our return flights.

As for my other reasons for being unhappy - Kanye West and that theres a few too many other dance/hip hop/r'n'b acts for my liking. But, it seems that all the festivals are getting lots of acts like these nowadays. I know they can't please everyone and this is my own personal option, but I can't help but feel disappointed with the lineup so far. My mates missus has said she won't be going and he may follow, which leaves me on my own.

That is true about a weaker lineup and that almost forcing you go see other bands etc and that you may end up liking some you'd never listened to much before I suppose.

As disappointed as I am, I'll still be going. Looking forward to the full lineup announcement later this month hopefully.

There is a lot more to the party than the music

they appear to be down for the JP on the Sunday in the 'who's playing what day' thread so you seem to be out of luck with that one!

Ah bugger :(, could sub in theory though still. All is not lost!

If not it means a gig on the monday night Glastonbury!

God the lineup is good this year, without the running order and it already looks like I have have two headliner clashes.

Edited by LondonTom

Hot Chip clashing with Super Furries? Jon Hopkins clashing with Caribou and Run the Jewels? Kanye and the Mothership clashin with Flying Lotus?

Drowningfish6, why do you hurt me so?

Patti Smith Sunday night would be A+ though.

I'm sorry :(

The only things that are for sure are the Hot Chip/Super Furry animals clash and the Kanye/Mothership clash, so you'll have to make your mind up about them.

Jon Hopkins, Caribou and Run the Jewels have space to change though! They're only educated guesses. Run the Jewels and Caribou are looking like they'll be on the Friday somewhere though (they could either clash on different stages, UNLESS Run the Jewels are on before Caribou on the West Holts which is a possibility because in the poster they are positioned quite near Caribou) and Jon Hopkins could be anywhere though. Flying Lotus is a difficult one to put my finger on, chances are he will be on late somewhere on either the Saturday or the Sunday night though (I'm guessing this because his new stage show is made to suit the dark). Don't worry too much about it!

Edited by Drowningfish6