Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Matt42 turns up, he should wear a hat with a downward pointing arrow to make sure everyone knows it's him.

;)

Though I suspect that once he goes the bar he'll be there all night.

Cider please. No, lager... hang on... bitter, nailed on. Definitely a vodka with tonic subbing. Coke. With rum. Cider, no question.

I don't get why people would be afraid of meeting people who you chat to for the best part of a year and share a massive obsession for all things Glasto.

Only reason I wasn't there last year with bells and whistles (and swearing apparently) was cos my coach ticket was for the Thursday.

I'm really looking forward to rocking up and giving people the thumbs down when they mention a band that I don't like and walking off in a huff of disgust. :P

I don't get why people would be afraid of meeting people who you chat to for the best part of a year and share a massive obsession for all things Glasto.

Only reason I wasn't there last year with bells and whistles (and swearing apparently) was cos my coach ticket was for the Thursday.

I'm really looking forward to rocking up and giving people the thumbs down when they mention a band that I don't like and walking off in a huff of disgust. :P

Are you going to wear your "I love Arcade Fire" t-shirt this year?

Dumb question, I'm sure .... How can I buy the mugs etc please?

On a pc/mac (or mobile with full website) look up at the top left link for Shop > eFest Merch and they are the first item.

Sweaty? That's not like you! ;)

I'm 19 so if I turn up that'll be an under-20.

My friends might find it a bit odd if I say I'm off to an eFests meet rather than spending time with them, which is the only reason I might not do it.

Last year I actually met a poster from here in the middle of a pit at Metallica, so that was fun :P

Not worried about it being awkward, though, I've met people from here/Twitter at gigs/festivals before and it's always been fine.

Actually it's sounding quite fun as I type this, other than the fact I've never spoken to most people in this thread :P

I bottled it for a few years, sort of hung around near-ish but didn't go over to talk to anyone. But as other posters have said, it's not one big group, it's a load of smaller conversations, it's much easier to deal with that way. Figure out a person or two you want to meet up with based on the nonsense they spout on here and look for them, or give them a bell when you arrive at the meet. I agree that it can be a bit overwhelming, otherwise.

I'll make sure to closely check out all women's thighs in the cabaret field to make sure we don't miss you. :-)

I couldn't think of anything else that might distinguish me!

I have a habit of changing hair colour fairly frequent so that probably wouldn't be any use. In fact that avatar looks nothing like my hair at the mo!

The deer is pretty hard to miss. Although you might only be able to see the crysanthemum..

Anyway. If you do spot it, say hi! I'll be trying to not spend the whole fest on my own.