That feeling ............

SteveTLizard

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First cider. First time I saw the Pyramid stage in 2009 I cried like a baby. Years of wanting to see it finally being realised. Magical place that changed my life for the better . 70 days can't wait

Edited by Earthwindandfire2205

One of the lasses who came with us was nearly sick with excitement when she seen it for the first time.

The walk to the top of the hill on the other hand is one of the most overated points made on these boards. Its good, but overrated. Nobody talks about the view at Michaels Mead or on the hill at the other side.

When you realise the forward moving queue is because they've opened the gate and not just because people are standing up and closing the gaps.

And the putting on of the wristband by some worker who is just as excited as you, despite them working in the cold morning at 8am.

When does "that feeling" properly kick in?:-

1. Sorting and packing

2. Starting the journey

3. Seeing the first "Festival" painted sign / festival steward

4. Seeing the festival

5. Parking up / getting off coach.

6. Getting the wristband as you go through the gates

7. Pitching the tent

8. Sitting down with a drink once everything is sorted.

9. Other

For me, seeing the first festival steward in the A361 is when I reach peak excitment!

Edited by teamsofa

1. Sorting and packing

2. Starting the journey

4. Seeing the festival

7. Pitching the tent

9. Other

For me, seeing the first festival steward in the A361 is when I reach peak excitment!

All of the above, apart from getting off the coach and putting up the tent as they're just a faff.

That said, I also have a lot of "This is shit" moments between those peaks. I enjoy a bit of misery though.

That said, I also have a lot of "This is shit" moments between those peaks. I enjoy a bit of misery though.

Yeah, trudging with all your stuff to where you want to camp can be an effort. Getting there and then remembering you have a second trip to the car is always a pain. Still far better than anything else I'd have been likely to be doing at that time were I not at the festival though!

For me, I can't relax until I have that wrist band on and tent up. Once that's done and I take my first walk down Kidney Mead and out into the festival, I feel 10ft tall and on top of the world. As everyone bustles around you to find their spot for the week, you just smile and know is going to be amazing. Cheesy stuff, huh?

1. Sorting and packing

2. Starting the journey

4. Seeing the festival

7. Pitching the tent

9. Other

It grows incrementally through each stage, although the enthusiasm often wanes between steps 5 and 6 and the 6 and 7.

For me it's the feeling when you get your wristband and walk through the gate for the first time.