Kanye west confirmed

mike99

It's his best song. How anyone prefer "Old Kanye" over that just confuses me

I think he thinks he can sing. He can't. Somebody else with that tune in their hands, might nail it. Not Kanye.

Edited by bamber
  • Downvote 1

It's funny because he's singing through a vocoder. He sounds better singing through a vocoder, much better. I quite like this. Don't listen more than once right through though. Clash dependent, I'll probably be there.

It's his best song. How anyone prefer "Old Kanye" over that just confuses me

nah, I definitely think it's his best album but not his best song. There's better on that album alone nevermind all the classics he has.

My favourite song is Homecoming, I'm realllllllllllllllllly hoping Chris Martin comes out to do it with him in full

I think he thinks he can sing. He can't. Somebody else with that tune in their hands, might nail it. Not Kanye.

The whole of 808s and Heartbreaks is autotuned because he knows he can't sing. He just likes to poke around with his music.

To each their own, but I would suggest try to be more open minded about autotune man. When it's done right, it can be an extra instrument to bend voice and stuff. I think I'm not alone when saying the last half of the Runaway song, when it's just all autotune is one of the most emotional moment in recent recorded music history.

I mean, to me, music doesnt have to be perfect man. Not all of it has to be like hitting all the perfect notes. I prefer Kanye songs where he uses autotune experimentation than your average pop star who hits all the right note but is just so boring and nothing new.

"I hate how music is all autotune these days!" - A sentence which is only said by pretentious losers who don't really appreciate music.

Pitch correction has been used for decades, albeit in admittedly less obvious ways, and nobody gave a shit then. People don't even notice when it's done to make a song sound 'normal', but as soon as someone experiments with it and makes it more of an instrument people use it as a stick to beat them with.

See also: People who hate on music which samples older songs.

• Upvote 1

Who dyou reckon he might bring on as special guests?

There are plenty of big possibilities of big names coming and joining him, Paul McCartney, Rihanna, Jay-Z etc.

I have a feeling there'll be less than we expect though, probably macca and then a few singers for his choruses like the guy who sang on All Day

could get Chris Martin on for homecoming too

Edited by Drowningfish6

There are plenty of big possibilities of big names coming and joining him, Paul McCartney, Rihanna, Jay-Z etc.

I have a feeling there'll be less than we expect though, probably macca and then a few singers for his choruses like the guy who sang on All Day

could get Chris Martin on for homecoming too

Sleaford Mods.

• Downvote 1

I have a feeling there'll be less than we expect though, probably macca [..]

This just doesn't sound right :P.

Also, McCartney's US arena tour is being announced drip by drip so far, June 21 and June 23 already on sale, a few more dates rumoured around that time with 25 as certain date, assuming the others will be well into late June. Any appearance at Glastonbury seems a stretch.