Download 2016

Hart Attack

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Copping said they're not clashing. So I'd suspect it's a Sabbath/Pennywise clash for that night. Which is fine by me. It's the Municipal Waste one I find interesting. They're shit though, so I don't really care.

MUNICIPAL WASTE IS GONNA FUCK YOU UP! 

But anway, NOFX and Pennywise clashing at all is really confusing, they're the same fan base completely. I'm guessing NOFX will clash with Deftones and finish before Sabbath, so the NOFX crowd will head over to Pennywise afterwards.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to have been received better this mornings announcement compared to the last one.

Tell you what, great that he's booked Howards band Devil You Know, will be watching them on Sunday!

Friday is still weak though, interesting that even Andy kinda agreed that it is on twitter too and said he's made offers out to bands to add to Friday.

Go for Reef and Feeder to open main, why not? They're both doing IOW, so if theyre free the Friday. 

20 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Seems to have been received better this mornings announcement compared to the last one.

Tell you what, great that he's booked Howards band Devil You Know, will be watching them on Sunday!

Friday is still weak though, interesting that even Andy kinda agreed that it is on twitter too and said he's made offers out to bands to add to Friday.

Go for Reef and Feeder to open main, why not? They're both doing IOW, so if theyre free the Friday. 

Half this forum has moaned at IOW calling it weak after booking them, I'm not sure they're what it's looking for.

Fairplay to him for saying that about Friday, but tbf I can't recall a mainstage as well as that. Staggering might just work for the fest as it means he doesn't have to make sure of booking so many bands, and at the end of the day it's about quality of what you get to see.

Sunday by a country mile has the beat lineup though I feel.

51 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Who's moaned about IOW booking them? IOW always has a weak as fuck undercard anyway, they truly have the weakest undercard every year of all the fests. 

I think Sat and Sun at Download are both really strong throughout but that Friday is really dragging the line up down, 

Have you not seen the moaning? IOW has been absolutely savaged this year for it's lineup. In that announcement that came out with Reef and Feeder it basically got called awful lol. Sabbath with Megadeth below them literally just looks 2012 again and although I like Sunday, Nightwish are too high. Due to Motorhead pulling, it really would look better if they made that slot a proper act seeing as Korn are somehow subbing as well.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Wouldn't AAF open the main on Friday?

Got to agree that there's not much there for me on Friday apart from rammstein. Still, opportunity to check some new bands out and there's still the hope that they might pull something special off in the motorhead slot.

Sunday strongest, by a country mile.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Have you not seen the moaning? IOW has been absolutely savaged this year for it's lineup. In that announcement that came out with Reef and Feeder it basically got called awful lol. Sabbath with Megadeth below them literally just looks 2012 again and although I like Sunday, Nightwish are too high. Due to Motorhead pulling, it really would look better if they made that slot a proper act seeing as Korn are somehow subbing as well.

I don't really go into every festivals forums and read everything thats being said no.

I stick to the ones im actually going to or have an interest in maybe going to or I actually have something to say.

But my interest is peaked, so I'll have a look.

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Hmm theres absolutely no moaning about Feeder or Reef on efests IOW forum, so I have no idea what you're on about dude, in fact one of the people in there moaning the most about IOW in general is YOU! 

Are you going to IOW and Download the same weekend?

It's not direct moaning about them but a LOT said it was shite after the announcement involving them as it was said quite clearly as a generalization towards to announcement. Me?, I actually said I'm okay with Feeder lol.

I'd never bother traipsing down there for IOW, Download for Sunday probably.

Most of it is actually in the Glasto forum of acts playing around, the pages around 70+ says it all, a few bits in the IOW forum but not a major load, those forums are generally dead.

Edited by thewayiam

Feeder going above Alient Ant Farm would be an awesome addition to the Friday. It'd actually make it look a hell of a lot better for me. They're the sort of band who are perfect for that slot. The Friday is probably the worst of the three days. Got some bad clashes going on later in the day but Killswitch Engage into Glassjaw into KoRn into Rammstein is a pretty great day imo.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Have you see the rest of the lineup lol, never going to be a bottom 3 like that.

Yes I have. Sounds about right to me.

5th down - Feeder, Rival Sons, Halestorm

6th down - Less Than Jake, Sixx:AM, The Temperance Movement 

All similar in size to the corresponding bands on other days. 

3 hours ago, thejimbola said:

Yes I have. Sounds about right to me.

5th down - Feeder, Rival Sons, Halestorm

6th down - Less Than Jake, Sixx:AM, The Temperance Movement 

All similar in size to the corresponding bands on other days. 

Well Download have apparently said they don't have a lot to announce now and LTJ are starting their ticket sales for a May Tour here, I'm fairly sure they are out. 

Defo a couple more bands for Friday main, surprised hes having trouble filling the gaps, theres loads of UK acts who could play there, doesn't always have to be acts over for the Euro fests.

Hell tell you what, book Ash. They're free at the time. Haven't played in what 8 years? 

Think they would work well following Alien Ant Farm.

30 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Defo a couple more bands for Friday main, surprised hes having trouble filling the gaps, theres loads of UK acts who could play there, doesn't always have to be acts over for the Euro fests.

Hell tell you what, book Ash. They're free at the time. Haven't played in what 8 years? 

Think they would work well following Alien Ant Farm.

Yah, Ash were great at Reading last year.

do it, Andy