Download 2016

Hart Attack

Not they are a big band themselves, even though jonny craig is pretty well known within the genre, but it would've been unlikely DL would have actually replaced them anyway. They seem to have very much taken the 'shift the next one up and add a shit one to the bottom' approach in recent years.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody that likes to form their own opinions

Raging Speedhorn headlining 4th Friday,Inglorious opening Saturday 2nd. The Wild Lies open Sunday third, Raveneye added to Friday second, Puppy added to Friday third, The Amorettes and In Search of Sin on Friday fourth. The men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing on Saturday second stage, Man The Mighty open Saturday third.

That Inglorious seem to be getting a fair bit of a following amongest a classic rock crowd. They sold out a show by me of around 750 people and I was walking past venue after work and everyone came out saying how amazing they were.

Raging Speedhorn 4th stage headliners, damn aint seen them since Reading 2002! 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

That Inglorious seem to be getting a fair bit of a following amongest a classic rock crowd. They sold out a show by me of around 750 people and I was walking past venue after work and everyone came out saying how amazing they were.

Raging Speedhorn 4th stage headliners, damn aint seen them since Reading 2002! 

Inglorious get played on planet rock a fair bit at the moment. I reckon they're worth a look, for sure.

3 minutes ago, Moey said:

Would like crobot to be announced too. Plenty of folk raving about them in these forums after last years festival. 

I saw them last year, they said they were coming back next year but its not looking likely how their dates fall

Edit - BTW they were excellent last year and I can see them going very far. 

Edited by luckysalt

Ooh raging speedhorn. That will be fun. 

Seeing rammstein at werchter so was hoping for something to watch whilst they're on. 

I canceled by deposit ages ago but have managed to get some freebies, so I'll be going Friday, Saturday. Not staying all day Sunday just for billy talent and Janes addiction. 

For those who don't venture into the official Download Forums.

It was the annual Fan Forums on Friday, I've read up and been told some stuff, so I'll post a few things up here.

---

Sabbath or Maiden will not have anyone clashing with them. Sabbath MAY have 4th stage clashing with them slighty.

Saturday. Pennywise headlining 3rd stage will end and stage will close 10 mins before NOFX start on second stage, who will then finish before Sabbath. 

Sunday, the other stages will end before Maiden start.

---

The empty Motorhead slot will not have any band playing, tribute or otherwise, nothing is happening, instead it will be video tribute of past Motorhead footage and pre-recorded interviews with people talking about Lemmy.

---

NXT will be around the left side of Main Stage, where you walk around and theres a bunch of Stalls and the roofed area where you can chill out, where 4th stage used to be.

NXT will be in a seated tent, but it will be open sided so who can still watch even if you don't get a seat. No times given yet. Or capacity.

---

Each campsite will have a head of campsite, who works directly for Festival Republic, who will head security of that campsite and you the punter can report anything or anyone to in hopes things will run more smoothly etc, you can report security if they've done a bad job or whatever, or praise.

---

New Merchandise company brought in for this years merch as they felt it wasn't up to standard.

---

West Car and entrance open and ticket to wristband exchange there.

10 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Well that's a shame about the lemmy tribute. They should have just been playing that on the screens in between bands throughout the weekend.

We all know that, their take on it is they've tried to get a tribute act together, worked with Motorheads management even tried to get an act of Metallica status to do covers etc, nothing has come about and now they'll just do this instead or something like that. 

We all know its the fact that sales are massive, why give another band a big fee when theres no need to.

26 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

For those who don't venture into the official Download Forums.

It was the annual Fan Forums on Friday, I've read up and been told some stuff, so I'll post a few things up here.

---

Sabbath or Maiden will not have anyone clashing with them. Sabbath MAY have 4th stage clashing with them slighty.

Saturday. Pennywise headlining 3rd stage will end and stage will close 10 mins before NOFX start on second stage, who will then finish before Sabbath. 

Sunday, the other stages will end before Maiden start.

---

The empty Motorhead slot will not have any band playing, tribute or otherwise, nothing is happening, instead it will be video tribute of past Motorhead footage and pre-recorded interviews with people talking about Lemmy.

---

NXT will be around the left side of Main Stage, where you walk around and theres a bunch of Stalls and the roofed area where you can chill out, where 4th stage used to be.

NXT will be in a seated tent, but it will be open sided so who can still watch even if you don't get a seat. No times given yet. Or capacity.

---

Each campsite will have a head of campsite, who works directly for Festival Republic, who will head security of that campsite and you the punter can report anything or anyone to in hopes things will run more smoothly etc, you can report security if they've done a bad job or whatever, or praise.

---

New Merchandise company brought in for this years merch as they felt it wasn't up to standard.

---

West Car and entrance open and ticket to wristband exchange there.

You have out Sabbath and Maiden will not have anyone clashing then said Maiden may clash slightly with 4th?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You have out Sabbath and Maiden will not have anyone clashing then said Maiden may clash slightly with 4th?

No I don't. Maiden clash with no one.

Sabbath may have 4th stage against them, unclear yet. But its hardly going to be much of an alternative when theres 100k people there is it?

9 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

We all know that, their take on it is they've tried to get a tribute act together, worked with Motorheads management even tried to get an act of Metallica status to do covers etc, nothing has come about and now they'll just do this instead or something like that. 

We all know its the fact that sales are massive, why give another band a big fee when theres no need to.

Yeah it's just blatant austerity. Aah well, I can't exactly complain as I haven't paid anything for my ticket. It just doesn't seem right to save money off a legends death, inadvertent or not 

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Well that's a shame about the lemmy tribute. They should have just been playing that on the screens in between bands throughout the weekend.

I bet they do that as well. :lol:

I guess them's the breaks but it really does seem off that it's just gonna be a video in lieu of a live act when most having gone have already seen the people on this video talk about Lemmy, and already at least seen footage of them playing before. If there was a charitable gesture as to where the funds have gone then maybe, but I think this tribute is gonna be woefully under-attended.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I bet they do that as well. :lol:

I guess them's the breaks but it really does seem off that it's just gonna be a video in lieu of a live act when most having gone have already seen the people on this video talk about Lemmy, and already at least seen footage of them playing before. If there was a charitable gesture as to where the funds have gone then maybe, but I think this tribute is gonna be woefully under-attended.

Yeah I'm not going to be there. It was already debatable as it probably clashes with acts I want to see. Now I know I can definitely find something better to do