Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or - if you don't fancy walking all the way to the big coop - there's a small Spar a bit closer to the site (on the right hand side, as you're walking down towards Donington - had a good deal on spirits, if I remember rightly, the last time we were in there) or a smaller coop on Donington High Street (again, as you're walking away from the site, turn right when you come to the large former pub that is now a curry house serving food in the car park).

Cashless binned:

Updated news regarding Dog Tags;

For Download this year we are going to go to multi pay options. Last year’s RFID option was unbelievably good and convenient for all those that it worked for. For those that it didn’t work 100% for the whole weekend there was definitely more of a challenge. We are therefore moving to a cash, contactless, debit and credit card payment as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay option at all of the bars and merch stands and a number of the food stalls. The remainder of the food-stalls and the funfair will take the old fashioned currency of cash.

So who's excited about Nightwish? I've been listening to them a hell of a lot since announcement. Have enjoyed them for a while but the new singer has totally grown on me. Think they could be the band of the festival. Shame that Billy Talent will probably clash with them as they're probably the band I want to see on the lineup the most after Nightwish.

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

So who's excited about Nightwish? I've been listening to them a hell of a lot since announcement. Have enjoyed them for a while but the new singer has totally grown on me. Think they could be the band of the festival. Shame that Billy Talent will probably clash with them as they're probably the band I want to see on the lineup the most after Nightwish.

I'm not a huge fan, in all honesty i'm surprised they're sub-headlining, i didn't think they were big enough to, i would have definitely thought that Disturbed would have been above them myself

3 hours ago, SOAD said:

A great live band, well worth seeing. I've seen them a couple of times at Donington and enjoyed every set. 

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think it might well be Nightwish for me having seen Jane's Addiction before, and if they're not clashing with Maiden, then it'll probably be them. A Nightwish/Billy Talent clash would be much more annoying.

You will most likely be able to see both NW and JA as they will probably be staggered. It's NW and BT that may clash and it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually they are a week or possibly 2 weeks prior to the festival, the fact he's saying they will be released in April this year I'd imagine there's a strong reason for the and it must be the staggering factor so they're trying to use it as a selling point, otherwise I just cant see why they'd do it so early.