Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So essentially, a bit of rain on Friday afternoon seems certain, though it shouldn't add up to much. And Saturday night post midnight is looking like a wet one. With potentially more showers on Sunday afternoon.

Nothing too serious.

There's still a mild amount of bother for me as Saturday is the one night I'd hope for there to me no rain due to Fat White Family on the Hell Stage at 3.30am. 

I can't take the weather seriously after the debacle that was Leeds 2013. I'll be taking my gaiters around with me at all times:

http://all-noise.co.uk/reading-and-leeds-festival-weather-forecast-is-looking-pretty-good/5698/

image_update_64e5397eb25580e6_1377427762

Of course, my concerns mean absolutely nothing, as it's going to be sunny the whole time. I'm talking even better than 2013!

Out of Office Message from thor@valhalla.vk

I will be out of the office from 22/06 - 29/06 travelling to the mortal plane and then in a field in Somerset.

I will respond to any messages on my return, but, if there are any urgent matters, please contact odin@valhalla.vk

Regards

shit, knew I should have sent it last week - he's already left!

Does Thor have a Blackberry?

Just posted on Channel 4:

Backs up most of other forecasts.

Wednesday – sunny spells, a light breeze, with a high of 22C.

Thursday – sunny spells, a light breeze, with a high of 22C.

Friday – sunny spells in the morning, before showers arrive during the afternoon and evening, with a high of 21C.

Saturday – sunny spells and just an odd shower, but probably mainly dry, with a high of 21C.

Sunday – the detail is uncertain, but a longer spell of rain is possible for a time, with a high of 20C.

So, whilst a mud bath is looking unlikely this year, the possibility of longer spell of rain on Sunday may be enough to turn the ground a little muddy in the most trekked upon areas.

I can't take the weather seriously after the debacle that was Leeds 2013. I'll be taking my gaiters around with me at all times:

http://all-noise.co.uk/reading-and-leeds-festival-weather-forecast-is-looking-pretty-good/5698/

image_update_64e5397eb25580e6_1377427762

Of course, my concerns mean absolutely nothing, as it's going to be sunny the whole time. I'm talking even better than 2013!

My tent was just at the back of that shot, had to walk through that quagmire every fucking day. It was enough to break a man.

Even if we're predicted 0mm from every weather site the wellies are still coming with

The metoffice UK Forecast

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Dry start on Wednesday but showery rain arriving later, mainly in the west/northwest. Rain clearing east early Thursday, before further rain spreads in for Friday. Warming up through the week

UK Outlook for Saturday 27 Jun 2015 to Monday 6 Jul 2015:

A fine and dry start to the weekend for many, although perhaps a few showers in the north. Becoming windier and cloudier with outbreaks of rain later Saturday, although the south and east should keep the warmer and drier conditions for the longest and it may become very warm and humid for a time. The rain will become persistent and perhaps heavy at times through the weekend, especially in the northwest where the strongest winds are likely to be..

The question is - do I take the wellies on to site, or leave in the car...

Thoughts? I don't want to anger the weather gods.

You take them on site - see my post a few pages back.

Don't piss off the gods, 'cos they'll piss right back1

The question is - do I take the wellies on to site, or leave in the car...

Thoughts? I don't want to anger the weather gods.

Wear the wellies on the way in - presumably your shoes are pretty light. Leave them in the tent.

Even better - walking boots and gaiters. I've never had a problem with this and I went to 97. In 2010 I did put trainers on, but that's the only time.