Lineup 2016

Matt42

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wish they'd just confirm who is closing which site. I've now been roped into watching Fall Out Boy and I want to know if it'll be bearable because I know Biffy will be up next and smash it, or if I'm going to feel deflated as soon as Biffy do smash it knowing I now have to stand through FOB. 

Biffy are closing both sites

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Seems odd they haven't said, in the past they've already mentioned who was closing as soon as possible.

Probably intentional. Preferred headliner not playing last bums people out so if people don't know until the stage splits then they've probably already committed money.

The stage splits on the OWS have reverted to Biffy Clyro and Foalsy Foalo top line of each, but I'm sceptical whether that'll remain because otherwise why did they change it for a couple of weeks? Anyway we'll see.

Is the running order for it out?

Yeah I liked Muncie Girls' album from earlier this year. Woulda thought they'd have been past BBC Introducing and under consideration for main stages but eh, whatever. Heard of a couple of the Yorkshire based ones but not enough to recommend or anything.

Edit: DTTR announced as well with The Wytches, Blood Red Shoes, FREAK, Blackwaters and Forever Cult. BRS is a pretty ballin' addish'.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is the running order for it out?

Yeah I liked Muncie Girls' album from earlier this year. Woulda thought they'd have been past BBC Introducing and under consideration for main stages but eh, whatever. Heard of a couple of the Yorkshire based ones but not enough to recommend or anything.

Edit: DTTR announced as well with The Wytches, Blood Red Shoes, FREAK, Blackwaters and Forever Cult. BRS is a pretty ballin' addish'.

All I saw was Upset magazine saying who was on what day and said somebody else was headlining Muncie Girls day.

16 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Source? (no ketchup please ;) )

Biffy press release at the time of announcement -

“We're baaaaack!” said Biffy Clyro of their slot, having previously headlined in 2013. “We are honoured to be asked to close Reading and Leeds this summer. We had one of the best nights of our lives last time and we're going to do all we can to make it even bigger and better in 2016. You ain't seen nothing yet motherf*ckers!!”

43 minutes ago, theramm said:

Biffy press release at the time of announcement -

“We're baaaaack!” said Biffy Clyro of their slot, having previously headlined in 2013. “We are honoured to be asked to close Reading and Leeds this summer. We had one of the best nights of our lives last time and we're going to do all we can to make it even bigger and better in 2016. You ain't seen nothing yet motherf*ckers!!”

Ooo missed that release. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Totally forgot about that statement from Biffy... 

Where has the Catfish Secret Set rumour come from? 

I was hoping for Royal Blood - new material on the way, possible high slot on next year's billing, they tick a few boxes.

Catfish liked/favourited a tweet from some randy saying 'Comon Catifsh announce that youre playing the reading secret set already' (not word for word)

They later removed their like on this tweet.

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Well presumably they'll drop a few hints soon, was hardly a secret set last after that pretty much spelt out W i l d  H o r s e s 

And I think it was a week before hand Yannis had an interview with Annie Mac and she said 'So are you busy over the next few weeks, visiting any festivals' and Yannis replied 'Um,  don't know what you're talking about, Oh maybe a few festivals to check out some bands'

Some hints definitely need to be dropped soon though.

Edited by Stuielooie

2 hours ago, Cammers said:

Totally forgot about that statement from Biffy... 

Where has the Catfish Secret Set rumour come from? 

I was hoping for Royal Blood - new material on the way, possible high slot on next year's billing, they tick a few boxes.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You Me At Six secret set?

Surely it will be a band who are playing shows?

I reckon if there is one it'll be someone a bit smaller as I don't think there's room on the NME bill and they won't open the arena early unless it's someone massive imo.

Also the thing Biffy said about closing the festival; wouldn't take that as gospel considering the festivals social media have been purposely evading the question so it probably won't be something the band already said, and also wmtheres never been coheadliners that close both sites. We've known bands to be wrong about their set before too.

Bastille? Not my thing at all, but popular with the R&L crowd, a new album a week after the festival (similar to Foals and WWD), touring the week of the festival, an arena tour on the way and I guess a secret set would mean they could play both R&L and V since they're not officially billed? 

I think the best evidence to suggest that it will be Catfish is that they're playing a gig in Newcastle on the 27th, the Saturday of Reading and Leeds. That would leave them free to play the Friday at Leeds and the Sunday at Reading. Just seems strange that they have a stand alone show in the middle of a few festivals.