Tame Impala

Brad2434

5 minutes ago, mb'satglasto said:

Hugely chuffed they're playing and will enjoy seeing them again, anyone else holding a slight fear it might be a little subdued due to who they are subbing tho?

i loved the last 2 times I saw them at bestival and in Manchester. But it was all about them and it was a special atmosphere for both. 

Just fear that the front area may be full of Adele fans who've been there all day and aren't interested.

i just hope there's as many like minded people on here who will really get involved near the front and make it really special. I can't wait to see them again!  See you at the front folks :)

Unfortunately I'd guess that it will be quite heavy in terms of Adele fans. Doesn't stop a good gig though, Nick Cave in 2013 being the prime example :) 

Edited by GlastoSimon

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah really hoping they put on a good show as I'm missing some other must sees to see em. Seem to get very mixed reviews live, especially at their couple of Glastonbury sets, but you can't deny that they've got some excellent tunes and Currents has grown on me quite a bit (although still think it got ridiculously over eager reviews). Similar to Beck though I am fearing a not so receptive crowd

Despite me hoping they'd play their placing has unfortunately meant I'll see no more than their first couple of songs. CHVRCHES were a must-see for me (unless the sub was Radiohead or Kendrick), and as much as I like Tame Impala they're not pulling me away from that.

I'll be at TLSP beforehand anyway so I'll be able to hang about for 20 minutes before shooting round to the Other. It may seem like sour grapes but I genuinely don't think they're right for a Pyramid sub. Should've been third down or a JP headliner. In the tent with their psychedelic light show would have been brilliant, it'll be lost on the Pyramid. 

Their 2013 gig is on Youtube, it was the gig that got me interested in them (catching the 2nd half myself) but you can see that their tendency to drift into noodling loses the crowd at times, I'll be interested to see if they are tighter and hold the crowd this time round, very excited to see them this time round (In a slot higher than I felt they'd get).

14 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Just been having a look at some of the March 16 lollapalooza festival sets they played in south america. Anyone think they could be a good indicator of what we are likely to get at the farm?

pretty much yeah, look at their set from last summer fests it hasnt really changed and same visuals 

ive seen tame impala countless times over the years, and their current(s) show is great, but an adele crowd and with the sun up, sounds awful. Shame they arent headlining elsewhere.

If I was going i'd probably swerve it but then ive seen them twice since last album

Last time i saw them was other stage a couple of years ago and that was the best i have seen them (1st time lost early on pyramid, 2nd time lost between miles kane and arctics at finsbury park).

Shame they have dropped half full glass of wine, but i haven't seen them play alter ego before

I've seen them at Open'er and Finsbury Park and like others have said, I wasn't that impressed. However, they've improved as I live band recently IMO. Yeah the light show on the last tour was really impressive but they seemed to put more into their performance as a whole and actually looked like they enjoyed being on stage :lol:

Anyone seen the setlist they played at Primavera the other night? Opened with Nangs and even played Daffodils!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tame-impala/2016/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-73fede9d.html

Edit: Just noticed they didn't play Alter Ego, really hope they put that back in for the glasto setlist as it was a highlight in Manchester and probably my favourite Tame song

Edited by Brad2434

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

Anyone seen the setlist they played at Primavera the other night? Opened with Nangs and even played Daffodils!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tame-impala/2016/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-73fede9d.html

Edit: Just noticed they didn't play Alter Ego, really hope they put that back in for the glasto setlist as it was a highlight in Manchester and probably my favourite Tame song

I was there and it was a great set! Can't say I'm a big fan of Currents but the tracks they played from it came across very well live 

yeah reckon that'll be pretty much the exact setlist we get. hard to argue that it's incredibly strong, but due to them not really having any big radio hits/recognisable singles i doubt they'll be winning over many of the people firmly there for Adele

glad Why Won't They Talk To Me? is in their setlists on this tour - my favourite from Lonerism

7 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

'Alter Ego' is also my favourite of theirs so it's a shame to see that dropped (and the lack of Innerspeaker in general) but a solid setlist overall.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

but due to them not really having any big radio hits/recognisable singles i doubt they'll be winning over many of the people firmly there for Adele

Surely a large portion of the crowd will at least know 'Mind Mischief', 'New Person...' (possibly thanks to Rihanna though), 'Elephant', and 'Let It Happen'. Or have I totally misjudged the popularity of those songs?

3 hours ago, modern_age said:

Decent set, but I wish they'd play past life and 'cause I'm a man. Probably my two favourites from the album...

Ah shit didn't even notice that they left out Cause I'm A Man. Bin off Yes Im Changing or The Moment for that! 

3 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Surely a large portion of the crowd will at least know 'Mind Mischief', 'New Person...' (possibly thanks to Rihanna though), 'Elephant', and 'Let It Happen'. Or have I totally misjudged the popularity of those songs?

Unfortunately I think the Rihanna one will probably be the one that gets recognised the most. Obviously Let It Happen, Feels Like We're Only Going Backwards and Elephant all got moderate airplay, but not to a massively wide audience

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elephant was used in an advert, though, IIRC.

Cheers, in my head I thought it had been but I wasn't too sure. Google tells me it was a Blackberry advert.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously Let It Happen, Feels Like We're Only Going Backwards and Elephant all got moderate airplay, but not to a massively wide audience

A mate of mine came to Ally Pally with me and was surprised by how much he recognised despite never really choosing to listen to them. Granted, that's not a representative sample though. 

Either way, let's hope they don't suffer too much in that slot :unsure:

50 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I should be well on my way during TLSP so that mood will continue into Tame Impala. That'll soften the blow if they're not that great in that slot.

aye likewise - just as long as they aren't car crash bad my intoxicated self probably won't notice or care

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately I think the Rihanna one will probably be the one that gets recognised the most. Obviously Let It Happen, Feels Like We're Only Going Backwards and Elephant all got moderate airplay, but not to a massively wide audience

Nah I don't reckon their most recognised song will be thru an album track on a new and relatively unsuccessful Rihanna album. Those others you mentioned and Less I Know will be way bigger.

• 4 weeks later...