Kylie

matt2007

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was certainly a lot of love for Kylie when she came on stage with the Scissor Sisters a few years ago. In part that was due to her recent cancer scare but still think she would pull a good crowd

Probably not the strongest singer but puts on a very good stage show which would probably work well in the sub pyramid slot just as the sun goes down

Edited by phil the shrew

Wasn't there a massive discussion about Kylie last year whist she was on the voice and due to release tour dates?

I think she could easily headline, just as much as people think Elton or Madonna are headline worthy. All have had several hits and long careers but recent stuff not relevant at all.

Wasn't there a massive discussion about Kylie last year whist she was on the voice and due to release tour dates?

I think she could easily headline, just as much as people think Elton or Madonna are headline worthy. All have had several hits and long careers but recent stuff not relevant at all.

There is a bit of a difference in Madonna & Kylie. Kylie could comfortably sub the Pyramid where as Madonna would be the biggest headliner (in terms of sales & tour revenue) that the festival could book.

I never have understood the love for Kylie on here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember the whole Neighbours/Jason Donovan/Stock Aitken Waterman thing.

Ok, she's a good looking young antipodean with a few catchy tunes, but I still can't help thinking of her as an over-hyped talent show contestant who was in the right place at the right time.

I never have understood the love for Kylie on here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember the whole Neighbours/Jason Donovan/Stock Aitken Waterman thing.

Ok, she's a good looking young antipodean with a few catchy tunes, but I still can't help thinking of her as an over-hyped talent show contestant who was in the right place at the right time.

You're spot on. and looking at recent setlists she hasnt turned her back on that era either.

I should be so lucky, the locomotion etc. Among the worst songs ever written and she plays them every night.

Not that her new stuff is any better.

The worst thing is that I'm not even surprised that people are clamouring for this toss.

You're spot on. and looking at recent setlists she hasnt turned her back on that era either.

I should be so lucky, the locomotion etc. Among the worst songs ever written and she plays them every night.

Not that her new stuff is any better.

The worst thing is that I'm not even surprised that people are clamouring for this toss.

The voice of reason! Wooderson is sacked.

Kylie? FUCKING KYLIE?

She has her plus points but her music isn't one of them.

You dont think she has the tunes Russ?

a couple of catchy, frothy pop songs that she cant even claim to have written herself. Nothing that deserves the biggest gig in the world. She's as far away from it as the likes of take that in my mind.

Another act who if you had suggested 20 years ago you would have been laughed out of town.

Shit in her prime, shit now.

Shit.

a couple of catchy, frothy pop songs that she cant even claim to have written herself. Nothing that deserves the biggest gig in the world. She's as far away from it as the likes of take that in my mind.

Another act who if you had suggested 20 years ago you would have been laughed out of town.

Shit in her prime, shit now.

Shit.

Brought out a welcome laugh.

Concise and to the point.

Quite right too.

I vaguely remember seeing Kylie on the Main Stage at Feile 95 in Cork.

The only reason I remember it at all was the crush forward every time she turned round and shook her backside at the crowd.

Should come with a health warning

*sounds klaxon*

Heh. Whether she wrote the songs is irrelevant.

I think given the link to her cancelled appearance/illness/recovery the show could be joyous.

For the record I really like video for Come Into My World. One of Gondry's finest. Lovely vocal from Ms Minogue too.