The Maccabees

simonsimondock

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could see them being given a push to headline latitude along the lines of foals and 2dcc (before they pulled out) in the last two years. Place that alongside (some or all of) a 3rd down at Reading and sub other at glasto and that's a fair growth from their last tour.

• 5 weeks later...

yeah seems about right! sub at a push

Really? I think they'll be pushing a headline slot. If XX / Jake Bugg can do it on the back of 2 albums, then Maccabees certainly can do it on what will be 4 by the time of the festival. They sell out their tours very quick and seem extremely popular and appeal to a lot of people.

Not saying they will headline the Other Stage by any means .. But they are certainly bigger that 3rd down!

I've seen The Maccabees on each album tour they've done. They still have this ability to take me back to my teens and smile without cringing (much like Milburn can. The Wombats make feel ill though)

They're steadily growing with each album and somebody else mentioned, they sell out Academy-sized venues relatively quickly. I've never seen a room so full for a support act when they supported the Black Keys at the 02 a couple of years back.

I think they'll sub the other but wouldn't be shocked if they were third down. No lower mind.

They'd absolutely smash a JPT headline slot, but they'd have to be against big headliners on both Pyramid, Other and Park.

• 1 month later...

Yep. Says on the site...

11 MAY - INSTITUTE, BIRMINGHAM
12 MAY - ABC, GLASGOW
13 MAY - RITZ, MANCHESTER
14 MAY - CORONET, LONDON
...with a presale signup link too.
Also a video of their gear being silently set up and a series of blanks (5,2,5,2) that I assume the album title to be. Guess that means announcement will come very shortly.
Edited by dentalplan