Album of the year?

Dog Burger

I cannot get my head around the love for the Damon Albarn record. It's the first album of his that I've actively disliked. I'm not sure if it was the production or the songs themselves but it just sounds so souless.

yeah i've come back to it numerous times hoping it'd click but i just get no enjoyment from it at all

Yeah, they did the cheer vote in Norwich as well. We had to choose between ...And We Exhale and Straight in at 101, and between Death Rattle and something else that I can't remember (Death Rattle won). Then we got I Just Sighed anyway. They've got enough great songs that they can pull stunts like that and still satisfy everyone.

(On another note, I was thinking of starting a Los Campesinos! thread, but I quite like they way us LC! fans lurk within other threads and occasionally occupy them with our obsessive love.)

I started one last year, didn't set the world on fire like you'd think it would. It's better this way, we infect the square community.

Warpaint, War On Drugs, St Vincent and Caribou albums for me

Do tend to think a good Glasto appearance helps push an album up my favourite list. Listening to the War On Drugs album takes me back to the great moment when the rain stopped and the sun came out during their set on the pyramid stage. Similarly St Vincent was class on the Park stage

plus, as much as i bum arcade fire i dont think it'd crack my top 10 of 2013 if i were to construct it now. longevity not there at all.

definitely the way i feel. can't see myself going back to it any time soon unlike the three albums preceding it which still get regular plays

also, Charli XCX's new album has leaked, and it's excellent. don't think it'd make my top 10 but it'd make my long list

Best album: Grouper- Ruins

Special mentions:

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

East India Youth - Total Strife Forver

Ben Frost- A U R O R A

Beck - Morning Phase

The War on Drugs - Lost In The Dream

All fantastic. For fans of any wistful melancholic indie sh*t

Cool taste

Think i might have forgot to put grouper on my chart, it wasn't as good as dragging a deer though imo (although that's one of my all time faves)

Edited by klipper

Reflektor isn't too long. It's a double album with two relatively short sides. Listen to it in two. It was probably my favourite last year, maybe second to Trouble Will Find Me, but I didn't listen to nearly as much music. I'd put it 4th if it had been released this year.

I liked the Beck album a lot at first; really nice melodies and a wistfully melancholic tone which manages to prevail with a hint of optimism, but there's not enough going on musically, for me. The Sisyphus album keeps getting better, though. Went too early with the list.

Sorry for bringing up Reflektor, after posting the post I googled it and realied it was a 2013 release, but then I had no internet coverage so could not edit the post.

Nevertheless Reflektor is and will be one of my favourite albums of all time.

Edited by willutalk

Sorry for bringing up Reflektor, after posting the post I googled it and realied it was a 2013 release, but then I had no internet coverage so could not edit the post.

Nevertheless Reflektor is and will be one of my favourite albums of all time.

EXCUSES

Also if Reflektor is one of your favourite albums of all time, how come you thought it came out this year?

1. Caribou - Our Love
2. Jungle - Jungle
3. Metronomy- Love Letters
4. Baxter Dury - It's A Pleasure
5. Blackbird Blackbird - Tangerine Sky
6. Alvvays - Alvvays
7. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
8. Foxygen - …And Star Power
9. Ariel Pink - Pom Pom
10. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire for No Witness

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4148558-drowned-in-sounds-50-favourite-albums-of-2014

I don't remember I hacked into the Drowned In Sound website, pushed all the maximum indie point winning albums down the list and inserted my own favourite performers in the top 3, but it looks like I must have done.

I don't really get that Twilight Sad album, and I usually love white men with guitars being really sad and stuff. Like the first couple of songs but it completely loses me by the end.

I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, they were pretty much my favourite band going up until this one, the first three albums are all astounding. This new one does seem to grow on me each time.