Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I know what you mean, but for the good people who work in the rabbit hole to do their thing properly they need to be able to get around the crowd. Allowing it to fill would just make it another busy tent.

Word. The downside is that if the budget hasn't been increased for DJs to play in these extra slots then that could add to a perceived lack of quality/depth in DJ bookings.

Did you just say WORD to me, Philip? Holy moly, now I am definitely accepted in this thread, despite my...maturity. 

:P

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

All depends on how fit you are and how much it means to you, NS.

Am out for an all-nighter tonight for the first time in a couple of months and very excited.

Bit of training for three weeks today!

Ben

Nice one, I'm still pretty fit for my age but find recovery times after a night out getting longer and longer. Still, if I just get completely smashed throughout the whole 5 days I suppose there will be no day to day recovery required and I can just do all my recovery when the festival is over:).

I say I'll probably just be in the naughty corner on the Friday night as that as far as I can see is the only night, in Genosys, that caters solely for us Techno lovers, as I'm not too fussed on other dance music currently. It's Techno or nothing for me!!

Enjoy your all nighter old son. I'm doing an allnighter myself tonight actually. Much less fun than yours though. A 12hr night shift in work:( ha ha ha....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

If you make it til 4:30, you'll make it til 6. He's stellar. Worth it especially if Saturday morning is looking sparse for you...

Yeah I dont have much planned on Saturday morning. I would like to see Afriquoi at 1pm but I could go and lay down in the Sun for that if need be. The bigger worry is the rammed packed Friday that I've got planned.

Where is The Meat Rack? I'm probably going to go see Boys Noize on Arcadia until 3am because a mate really wants to see him

Edited by mjsell

21 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah I dont have much planned on Saturday morning. I would like to see Afriquoi at 1pm but I could go and lay down in the Sun for that if need be. The bigger worry is the rammed packed Friday that I've got planned.

Where is The Meat Rack? I'm probably going to go see Boys Noize on Arcadia until 3am because a mate really wants to see him

Right next to the Downlow.

Separate queue for each?

01-ARCH0561_CROP-Joe-Hayhow-1.jpg

Ben

Alright guys,

Will be my frst glasto but going with my old man who's a bit of a glasto veteran. Hadn't really considered that SE corner would be such a ball ache to get in like some of you have said, is that just going to be hard on the Friday to get in because of radiohead or will it be like that on the Saturday as well?

Changed my Friday plan to now do basically the same as ben and go see Popof before Blawan and Shed but my plan for Saturday was to see Sasha and Diggs, then head to beat hotel to watch Avery's set then quick walk down to Genosys for Steffi & Virginia. If that's just not realistic to get into Genosys then I might change it to Sasha and Diggs then head down to Genosys for Heidi who I'd happily see and then probably stay for Cab Drivers even though they aren't my favourite but a live set could be decent.

Really don't want to miss Daniel Avery though, missed seeing him at Printworks thanks to the security and been dying to see him ever since.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

Alright guys,

Will be my frst glasto but going with my old man who's a bit of a glasto veteran. Hadn't really considered that SE corner would be such a ball ache to get in like some of you have said, is that just going to be hard on the Friday to get in because of radiohead or will it be like that on the Saturday as well?

Changed my Friday plan to now do basically the same as ben and go see Popof before Blawan and Shed but my plan for Saturday was to see Sasha and Diggs, then head to beat hotel to watch Avery's set then quick walk down to Genosys for Steffi & Virginia. If that's just not realistic to get into Genosys then I might change it to Sasha and Diggs then head down to Genosys for Heidi who I'd happily see and then probably stay for Cab Drivers even though they aren't my favourite but a live set could be decent.

Really don't want to miss Daniel Avery though, missed seeing him at Printworks thanks to the security and been dying to see him ever since.

Cheers

Hey Joe

I don't think you'll have any great issues getting into Genosys at 0400h for Steffi & Virginia. It'll be (nicely) busy, but most of the casual SEC crowd will have cleared out by then and, with so many other non-SEC places now open until 0300-0400h, I do think there'll be somewhat fewer of them in the first place anyway. So, leaving Beat Hotel at 3am and strolling down to Block9 should be just about perfect.

Ben

@joemason96 after the main stages finish up a lot of people head to the south east corner so it fills up pretty quickly and they close off access until it clears out a bit, which last year was around 2am. Also within the south east corner there can be queues for venues if it's very busy in there.

After an extremely long week at work I'm really happy to be finished and have a weekend off :D

where are you all this weekend? Lucky lot at field day are in for a treat.

I am at motion for their just jack party, getting a train back to London and might go to fabric for steffi.. up in the air!

26 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Im going to a non camping festival in Dublin called forbidden fruit. Solid lineup http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/line-up/

mostly looking forward to Orbital, Bon Iver, Aphex Twin and moderat since I'll likely skip them in favour of London Grammar at Glasto

I saw Aphex Twin last night in Primavera and it absolutely boggled my mind

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Need some 12am onwards late night music suggestions. I don't mind too much what it is, just trying to rank up some listening material. 

Hessle Audio 10 years, Steffi + Virginia, Call Super, Job Jobse, Blawan, Shed, Masters at Work

I'l leave you to that... some of the highest quality stuff going

• Upvote 2

The more I dig into Blawan's work the more I fall in love. These vocals have all the attributes of a catchy, soulful, popy track, which makes it all the more haunting. A Tribe Called Quest were meant to be my 'special' act, but Blawan is stepping up. Spotify Song Radio on his tracks seem to be 90% Blawan, Ansome and Randomer and its great. I was hoping for a bit more variety but its all too good for me to complain.

• Upvote 1

That Blawan track is what got me into him, absolute stonker of a tune, moved a bit away from that these days though. The His he he & she EP is amazing, I rate him as my favourite programmer of percussion in the game.  

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

Haven't been around efestivals much over the last few weeks but a couple of things I need to mention:

Masters at Work will be the end-of-festival party we'll all be looking for.

Here's to Sasha & Digweed knocking it out of the park.

I've not really listened to Steffi & Virginia but I trust you lads' tastes enough to assume they'll bring the required bangs.

As much as we moan every year, the SE corner is, for up to 5 night running, the best night out we'll have all year.

Vote Labour.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

That Blawan track is what got me into him, absolute stonker of a tune, moved a bit away from that these days though. The His he he & she EP is amazing, I rate him as my favourite programmer of percussion in the game.  

Yeah, true, the 'popular' recommended stuff all seems to be a bit older. Not that he'll put on a bad set. I'd love for some delicate flowers to waltz into Genosys and hear "WHY THEY HIDE THEIR BODIES UNDER MY GARAGE?" though. Such a great track.

I honestly can't wait.