Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

20 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

SEC always wins imo. It goes on later & people flock there much more imo.

Every year we think SH has got killer lineups, but the fact it finishes at 3, leads the crowds to go to SEC if they know they are gonna want to keep partying past that curfew. People are less in the mood for a 30-40 min trek at 3:00am

SH always wins for a Sunday night for me though, I'm not gonna stay up all night & just get that last dance in before saying goodbye.

Big names pull people into SH and force them to do the trek

There's plenty of people who won't want to miss your Jamie Jones, Skream b2b Benga etc no matter what and will if they are up for it, just trek to the SEC after.

While not everyone goes to SEC after, there were still hordes and hordes doing it last year!

15 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Every year we think SH has got killer lineups, but the fact it finishes at 3, leads the crowds to go to SEC if they know they are gonna want to keep partying past that curfew. People are less in the mood for a 30-40 min trek at 3:00am

SH always wins for a Sunday night for me though, I'm not gonna stay up all night & just get that last dance in before saying goodbye.

I dunno if that's that's true tbf. All they need is places to hold peoples attention between 12-1:30/2am.

It used to be that 90% of people would head to SEC, because that's the thing to do, and then a huge number would mooch around for a few hours before going home to bed. But those few hours of everyone mooching about caused crushes and queues. Then after that groups all go to bed it was completely fine getting in and out. 

These days some of those moochers will go SH, some go arcadia, and some go SEC.

That means that those ravers you're talking about will just generally have an easier time getting into SEC, even if that's the only place they want to go. Meanwhile for me personally, I'm more then happy to start at SH and walk in between if I have to. Doesn't mean I'm not staying out to 6am still. 

33 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I don't know if you were there last year or not. But last year Silver Hayes more than pulled its weight in terms of drawing late night crowds - it was substantially different to previous years in that respect.

29 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Is there a hero compiling a Google sheets of all the acts and the genres as per previous years? 👀

That has been a life saver previously for a wretch like me.

I did one last year, but probably haven’t got time to do an extensive one this time.

But happy to start one and make it editable for others to add to it as well, combined effort. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Big names pull people into SH and force them to do the trek

There's plenty of people who won't want to miss your Jamie Jones, Skream b2b Benga etc no matter what and will if they are up for it, just trek to the SEC after.

While not everyone goes to SEC after, there were still hordes and hordes doing it last year!

You should see how my legs move at 3am with the right help, no ketamine for me.

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I did one last year, but probably haven’t got time to do an extensive one this time.

But happy to start one and make it editable for others to add to it as well, combined effort. 

Would be belter if this can happen! Can all contribute 

1 minute ago, robahht said:

Does this mean what I think it means? They have one song on Spotify and the composers are listed as Bicep….

IMG_2122.png

3rd song on their new album is called Dove and they commented on the inital poster as well. 

On the Thursday it's going to be f**king rammed though!

Just now, kemosabe said:

3rd song on their new album is called Dove and they commented on the inital poster as well. 

On the Thursday it's going to be f**king rammed though!

God yeah, hopefully they at least put them on later!

Where did that rumour about Levels having a bigger capacity come from? They don’t seem to have mentioned it on their post?

4 minutes ago, robahht said:

God yeah, hopefully they at least put them on later!

Where did that rumour about Levels having a bigger capacity come from? They don’t seem to have mentioned it on their post?

Was in the site changes thread 

On 4/23/2024 at 3:08 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Really well put. 

Incidentally, who would you like to see added?

A week late, kept meaning to reply then was duly distracted

If I could and with four nights then broadly:

1 - Progressive house type night so Sasha/Digweed/Bedrock records - unrealistic but Anthony Pappa, Kasey Taylor would be great

2 - Not really into modern psytrance so would need help here but some classic Goa trance from Manmademan/Dragonfly records wouldn't go amiss

3 - Invite Ute records as a takeover - they produce modern deep progressive/psy trance (140/150+ bpm) from Norway

4 - As above but Kalahari Oyster Cult label are in a similar vein but slightly less...intense

3 and 4 unrealistic and probably don't have the size but if i had a magic wand this what I would do

2 hours ago, Ninety9 said:

A week late, kept meaning to reply then was duly distracted

If I could and with four nights then broadly:

1 - Progressive house type night so Sasha/Digweed/Bedrock records - unrealistic but Anthony Pappa, Kasey Taylor would be great

2 - Not really into modern psytrance so would need help here but some classic Goa trance from Manmademan/Dragonfly records wouldn't go amiss

3 - Invite Ute records as a takeover - they produce modern deep progressive/psy trance (140/150+ bpm) from Norway

4 - As above but Kalahari Oyster Cult label are in a similar vein but slightly less...intense

3 and 4 unrealistic and probably don't have the size but if i had a magic wand this what I would do

Agree. All the above genres have 0 representation this year.

Also the whole Anjunadeep scene which is an absolutely massive industry and there is not one dj from this whole genre. 

Likewise I honestly don’t think there has been a year when at least 2 of the sasha/ digweed/ warren/ seaman etc names haven’t played. This year nothing. 

I can’t help think that something has happened. A fall out perhaps or a conscious decision to not have any. But why? They are a massive draw.

it’s all a bit odd and a real shame. 

Edited by danbailey80

On 4/27/2024 at 8:15 PM, LeFreak said:

Cheers! That's disappointing, they had an amazing lineup the last two years so had it in my head it's somewhere I'd go regularly enough. There and Silver Hayes seem like they'd appeal to me more in terms of lineup than anywhere in the SEC but I'm sure I'll give a night or two in both a go! 

Saw this the other day and thought I'd comment as I logged in to ask another question. 

Benny knows more than me about it all but me and my friends loved San Remo last year. Like yourself the line-up is amazing for me. I was concerned after reading comments on here and after going to its previous incarnation (the Beat Hotel) which had an awful sound system, but it was a lot better than expected, not massively loud but loud enough. We only went there in the day, in general its a cool setting with good tunes and the crowd didn't seem any worse than other stages.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

People complaining about faithless on glade on thursday…. Bicep on the thursday in a very un secret set is arguably even more stupid. 

Yeah, having faithless on elsewhere would have split the crowd somewhat as I'd want to be at both sets

11 hours ago, cgall said:

I assume it's a work in progress as the lighting and layout have changed a fair bit since i last went in October. It's now got a Fabric-esque upper deck/balcony bit overlooking the main floor and booth, which is pretty cool for the view and for an escape from the utter sweatbox down below 😄

I think they recently said the venue is now complete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plaskins said:

Yeah, having faithless on elsewhere would have split the crowd somewhat as I'd want to be at both sets

It’s almost like everyone should have waited for the full lineup to be announced before pulling an absolute hissy fit about Faithless…

7 hours ago, Memory Man said:

People complaining about faithless on glade on thursday…. Bicep on the thursday in a very un secret set is arguably even more stupid. 

The stupid part is Bicep confirming themselves, if it had remained a “secret” far fewer people would have realised who it is.